What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Cooling Off Periods ?

• A player may sign with a new club only during the final year of his contract
• A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts
• A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired

....a contract signed with a rival club will be registered once a 10 business day cooling off period expires.

Unless they have waived their COP, then I reckon the NRL should be obliged to proceed to registration . <ducks and hides from @Barry O'Speedwagon >

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-contract-rule/tabid/10874/newsid/86727/default.aspx

:)

But why should the NRL be 'obliged' to register immediately in the case where there is a waiver. All that matters is that they register it. They are not prejudicing anyone's interests by saying 'we're gonna wait til day 10'.

hindy111

Post Whore
99d68571258a7e0d845d4e7473713c60

anyone care to offer a caption for this. ( source news.com)

You really fell for the old suck mine first then ill suck yours. You should of signed a contract.

Said it a million times. We seem to defend better with him on the field.

Quite possibly so. But, the times that Tim is on the field are not random. He's on the field for the first 20 minutes, for example, which is a time in which player are arguably less tired. I have no stats, but I'd imagine that if you sampled all games and broke down the average number of tries by 'quarter' there'd be more in the 2nd quarter than the first.

strider

Post Whore
We leak like a sieve just before halftime .... mannah is generally off then ... we should give him a run from the bench (like the great phartman said) and see if things change

Gronk

Staff member
:)

But why should the NRL be 'obliged' to register immediately in the case where there is a waiver. All that matters is that they register it. They are not prejudicing anyone's interests by saying 'we're gonna wait til day 10'.

Yeah it matters. We have a squad succession thread that needs urgent updating.

WTF with Moses BTW, our Chairman stated at the AGM that MM waived his COP, yet our club has not announced the signing....

• A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah it matters. We have a squad succession thread that needs urgent updating.

WTF with Moses BTW, our Chairman stated at the AGM that MM waived his COP, yet our club has not announced the signing....

I don't recall that comment at the AGM coming from the Chairman.

#justsayin

And I reckon we will announce Moses once we have clear position on 2017 or on Wednesday at 11am.

Have just asked a contact in the club when we can expect announcement.

Chipmunk

Coach
Rebuilding will be a lot easier without Tedesco and Woods on the huge overs they would've needed to stay.

Only if they can convince re-enforcements to come. Newcastle aren't having much luck convincing their targets at this point, unless of course they're willing to offer incentives like $600k a year for 18 year olds.

hindy111

Post Whore
That might be true, but then by that reasoning we should be scoring tries at the same time. We aren't.

You dont own a flux capacitor do you Miatch.
Look ill cut you a deal. Let me write a story on the cumberlamd throw and ill send you one?