What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons' innovations adopted by the NRL

carcharias

Immortal
Which year?? There have been a few.
Early 2000's
Doust was the architect from memory
Dragons were travelling very well
They were looking like at least making the GF
So doust made them have a parade thru the gong.
Next minute
They lost a semi and needed the cowboys to lose an unwinable game

Cowboys beat parra maybe???
Maybe 2004 or 2005

It was up their with dousts premiers shirts fiasco.

TheFrog

Coach
Early 2000's
Doust was the architect from memory
Dragons were travelling very well
They were looking like at least making the GF
So doust made them have a parade thru the gong.
Next minute
They lost a semi and needed the cowboys to lose an unwinable game

Cowboys beat parra maybe???
Maybe 2004 or 2005

It was up their with dousts premiers shirts fiasco.
Dragons (5) lost by a point to Penrith (4) after conceding 24 points in the first quarter hour but totally controlling the game after that.
Next day Cows (in their first ever finals match) beat Dogs and Storm beat Broncs and the Dragons were out on their arse.
So perished one of the most scintillating yet arrogant footy teams in NRL history.

_snafu_

Immortal
Dragons (5) lost by a point to Penrith (4) after conceding 24 points in the first quarter hour but totally controlling the game after that.
Next day Cows (in their first ever finals match) beat Dogs and Storm beat Broncs and the Dragons were out on their arse.
So perished one of the most scintillating yet arrogant footy teams in NRL history.

I remember the post match interview with Trent Barrett saying that they will need to improve next week....unfortunately next week became next year.

GAZF

First Grade
Ironic, isn't it.
I also like artificially aged retro tees. In fact, most people do. That's why you can find them in just about every casual fashion retailer in the country. Because they are popular.
Yeah, the tees are good. Sometimes I like to go to the pub and show support for my team, but not look like I still live with my mum.

Women In League

St George Illawarra recently pioneered a ladies team. And boy did they hit hard. Tough...fast... They are a hundred times tougher and faster than any AFL stick insect.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 5.04.55 pm.png
But this wasn't the first time women had dabbled in top flight NRL for St George Illawarra.

Ben Creagh played 270 games for the Dragons, bleeding for his club. This was because he was in possession of a vagina.

scaled.gif

Then in April 2012, Dean Young announced his retirement. Normally, one would do this at the end of the season. But not big Deano. He saw the freight train coming and it's name was GI. Chugga chugga choo choo.

Unfortunately, Big Dean got splattered in to next week (some say next season) like a used tampon. GI, who has a chivalrous, yet wild and whacky method of preventing women from self harming, thought he'd do the same to young Dean.

GI, to his credit, couldn't help the poor wench. Prostrate, wretched...Dean was carted off to have his ovaries checked.

But the NRL knew that to keep women in the game, the self harm prevention method had to go. And possibly a new comp for women established. Bravo! The NRL proactive. Whoa...hold on there trigger. This credit goes to St George Illawarra.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah
Nice

I remember my band was playing that night the cows won

We played straight after it

Every song felt like it was a victory anthem

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I doubt heritage round was pre-dated by whatever rubbish claims you've made in the OP. NRL has been doing some kind of heritage or retro round for at least a decade if not more.

Prometheus

Juniors
I doubt heritage round was pre-dated by whatever rubbish claims you've made in the OP. NRL has been doing some kind of heritage or retro round for at least a decade if not more.

The NRL adopted heritage round in 2008 for the centenary of league in Australia. The Dragons had been doing it since at least 2004.

Life's Good

Coach
Women In League

St George Illawarra recently pioneered a ladies team. And boy did they hit hard. Tough...fast... They are a hundred times tougher and faster than any AFL stick insect.

View attachment 12701
But this wasn't the first time women had dabbled in top flight NRL for St George Illawarra.

Ben Creagh played 270 games for the Dragons, bleeding for his club. This was because he was in possession of a vagina.

scaled.gif

Then in April 2012, Dean Young announced his retirement. Normally, one would do this at the end of the season. But not big Deano. He saw the freight train coming and it's name was GI. Chugga chugga choo choo.

Unfortunately, Big Dean got splattered in to next week (some say next season) like a used tampon. GI, who has a chivalrous, yet wild and whacky method of preventing women from self harming, thought he'd do the same to young Dean.

GI, to his credit, couldn't help the poor wench. Prostrate, wretched...Dean was carted off to have his ovaries checked.

But the NRL knew that to keep women in the game, the self harm prevention method had to go. And possibly a new comp for women established. Bravo! The NRL proactive. Whoa...hold on there trigger. This credit goes to St George Illawarra.

Lol@souffs:wink:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL adopted heritage round in 2008 for the centenary of league in Australia. The Dragons had been doing it since at least 2004.
they'd been doing a retro round of sorts since at least 2003, but good try.