What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I think hindy should have an article comparing all our players to a soup .... ie. if Gutherson was a soup he would be: xxxxxxxx

Ex players = The Foran soup.
Everyone wants a taste, and the best part is he passes thru towns. But be quick as it never lasts long and prices are subject to change without notice.
Cautions - May cause heartburn and a sore hammy.

84 Baby

Referee
:)

But why should the NRL be 'obliged' to register immediately in the case where there is a waiver. All that matters is that they register it. They are not prejudicing anyone's interests by saying 'we're gonna wait til day 10'.
My problem with it (and problem is probably too strong a word) is then this probably means they're going with a blanket procedure regardless of what occurred. Which is fine, but then Hayne.. and you can say all you want about he wasn't a current player, but they broke their procedure for his contract, and regardless of whether the team was NRL controlled or not, it isn't great look when you have procedures for some

My problem with it (and problem is probably too strong a word) is then this probably means they're going with a blanket procedure regardless of what occurred. Which is fine, but then Hayne.. and you can say all you want about he wasn't a current player, but they broke their procedure for his contract, and regardless of whether the team was NRL controlled or not, it isn't great look when you have procedures for some

From the NRL doc that Gronk quoted (emphasis added):

...a contract signed with a rival club will be registered once a 10 business day cooling off period expires.

There was no rival club in the case of Hayne.

IFR33K

Coach
understands the Tigers have attempted to save face with their fans by taking the 'higher ground'

Good on them for pulling their offers. They are completely fcking the club over by not making a decision. The captain has carried on like a twat and teddy was always being paid on potential, and they persevered with him despite serious injuries.

amitropo

Juniors
1‬

Tigers- " so we will still wait in the background or now offer a short term contract".

I guess we're going to be re-audited in 2017. And they'll sweep the amounts dogs and roosters are respectively paying the other two clowns under the carpet.

Coz the dogs have never been punished for cap breaches before......

FFS, we got done coz we cheated in the stupidest way possible, and left evidence all over the shop. When someone else does that and is let off, I'll concede there's a conspiracy against us.

IFR33K

Coach
Coz the dogs have never been punished for cap breaches before......

FFS, we got done coz we cheated in the stupidest way possible, and left evidence all over the shop. When someone else does that and is let off, I'll concede there's a conspiracy against us.

My point wasn't that there's a conspiracy against us. My point is that roosters and dogs get away with blue murder, re salary cap.

My point wasn't that there's a conspiracy against us. My point is that roosters and dogs get away with blue murder, re salary cap.

....and your evidence for that assertion is what? That they sign better players. They may well cheat, but they also have better networks of third parties (like the Broncos), which will give you an advantage even if you don't cheat. And if/when they do cheat, they're probably not dumb enough to videotape the discussion of it.

Latest posts