What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbed

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Show him your Tigers flag instead, the bright orange colors may interest him like they did to you, f**king turncoat.

The tigers dont exist anymore so how can you follow a team when they dont exist i think you have our souths alien mixed up with a different alien i think its a case of mistaken identity lol.....Shadow....

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Milford's "knock-on" is a ref's judgement in the heat of the moment & has to be seen as the "right" decision in the circumstances. If it was Walker who did the same we'd be grateful!!
I'd be grateful but I'd admit it was wrong.

DiegoNT

First Grade
that was the one i was really pissed off about.
You can handle refs making mistakes in real time. Ruck penalties are always subjective, forward passes can be tricky, small knock ons like Milfords can be missed.

But whem you can take your time to review a play with multiple replays, you should be getting them right.

alien

Referee
You can handle refs making mistakes in real time. Ruck penalties are always subjective, forward passes can be tricky, small knock ons like Milfords can be missed.

But whem you can take your time to review a play with multiple replays, you should be getting them right.
yep

Rabbits20

Immortal
When Milford was tackled in goal when is a tackle held for f**ks sake!!!!!!!

There is no way that is a try!!!!!!

Oh and we must be playing NFL now where Sims was standing. The initial infringement is he's in front of the kicker before the ball even gets to Sutto's foot.

The first f**king infringement is that!!!!!!!!

I can tell you if that was us we'd have been f**king penalised!!!!!!!

Also on half time that wasn't a penalty where they said Milford took Sam high!!!!!! If they don't get those 2 points we win!!!!!!!!!!!

The 5th tackle penalties were bullshit too!!!!!!!!!

So much bullshit I can't believe it!!!!!!!

This is only a little of what happened too. It was much more than what I've said!!!!!!

Once again nothing will be done. As Madge said these games change seasons and how can it be explained to us passionate members who go there showing our support and we live and breathe this club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clifferd

Coach
When Milford was tackled in goal when is a tackle held for f**ks sake!!!!!!!

There is no way that is a try!!!!!!

Oh and we must be playing NFL now where Sims was standing. The initial infringement is he's in front of the kicker before the ball even gets to Sutto's foot.

The first f**king infringement is that!!!!!!!!

I can tell you if that was us we'd have been f**king penalised!!!!!!!

Also on half time that wasn't a penalty where they said Milford took Sam high!!!!!! If they don't get those 2 points we win!!!!!!!!!!!

The 5th tackle penalties were bullshit too!!!!!!!!!

So much bullshit I can't believe it!!!!!!!

This is only a little of what happened too. It was much more than what I've said!!!!!!

Once again nothing will be done. As Madge said these games change seasons and how can it be explained to us passionate members who go there showing our support and we live and breathe this club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have happened to a better person. Eat shit

SBD82

Coach

This is the whole issue with the bunker.

I can handle a ref getting a decision wrong in real time. It's been happening for so long that it's almost part of the game.

If they had ruled that Milford got it down in real time, you could have been rightfully upset, but it's understandable.

Missing the knock on is understandable too. Pretty irritating, but shit happens.

What is impossible to get past is ruling that moga scored. And doing it with the benefit of slow motion hd replays. Absolutely ridiculous.

If it was up to me there would be no video replays. If a ref misses something I'll be upset, I'll scream that he's blind, I'll say the whole world is against my team and I'll take a siege mentality by claiming to be the victim, and I'll feel lucky when my team gets a crap call go in our favour.

But I won't have this level of thinking WTF is wrong with the nrl when the bunker makes absolute shockers.

souths_reborn

Juniors
This is the whole issue with the bunker.

I can handle a ref getting a decision wrong in real time. It's been happening for so long that it's almost part of the game.

If they had ruled that Milford got it down in real time, you could have been rightfully upset, but it's understandable.

Missing the knock on is understandable too. Pretty irritating, but shit happens.

What is impossible to get past is ruling that moga scored. And doing it with the benefit of slow motion hd replays. Absolutely ridiculous.

If it was up to me there would be no video replays. If a ref misses something I'll be upset, I'll scream that he's blind, I'll say the whole world is against my team and I'll take a siege mentality by claiming to be the victim, and I'll feel lucky when my team gets a crap call go in our favour.

But I won't have this level of thinking WTF is wrong with the nrl when the bunker makes absolute shockers.
That's a pretty fair assessment. What annoys me the most is when the bunker doesn't follow the correct protocol and just starts making all these arbitrary rulings; its that sort of officiating that causes all these inconsistencies and discrepancies. Furthermore, what compounds the rage of a lot of NRL fans is when Tony Archer comes out and admits the bunker got things right when they blatantly got things wrong.

The Moga try is not only the product of poor common sense but is the result of an issue that has been prevalent in the game for sometime and has yet to be addressed. At what point is a player held up in the in goal area and how long does he have to ground the ball?

doyen

Bench
That's a pretty fair assessment. What annoys me the most is when the bunker doesn't follow the correct protocol and just starts making all these arbitrary rulings; its that sort of officiating that causes all these inconsistencies and discrepancies. Furthermore, what compounds the rage of a lot of NRL fans is when Tony Archer comes out and admits the bunker got things right when they blatantly got things wrong.

The Moga try is not only the product of poor common sense but is the result of an issue that has been prevalent in the game for sometime and has yet to be addressed. At what point is a player held up in the in goal area and how long does he have to ground the ball?

What was the explanation??

It seems that the bunker has decided that Milford was in fact still endeavouring to ground the ball when it was squeezed or raked out, which,I suppose,is play on!!????????

souths_reborn

Juniors
What was the explanation??

It seems that the bunker has decided that Milford was in fact still endeavouring to ground the ball when it was squeezed or raked out, which,I suppose,is play on!!????????
From memory all they said was "we are unable to determine how the ball comes out;" they simply overlooked the fact that he was held. In saying that, if you watch it again you cannot possibly say that the ball has been raked out! No South Sydney player has played at the ball in a raking motion. Basically, if the bunker followed the rules of the game there is no way that it could have been awarded a try. Milford has either a) lost the ball in which case it is a knock on or b) has passed the ball off the ground while being tackled in which case a penalty should have been awarded.

doyen

Bench
From memory all they said was "we are unable to determine how the ball comes out;" they simply overlooked the fact that he was held. In saying that, if you watch it again you cannot possibly say that the ball has been raked out! No South Sydney player has played at the ball in a raking motion. Basically, if the bunker followed the rules of the game there is no way that it could have been awarded a try. Milford has either a) lost the ball in which case it is a knock on or b) has passed the ball off the ground while being tackled in which case a penalty should have been awarded.

It was a v/good game--it's a pity that this is taking centre stage!!

Last edited:

Rsag85

Bench
How was Milford allowed to take the kick after the penalty from the tackle that Sammy did in the first half?

greg jay

Juniors
In our last 3 sets with the footy we had opportunities. 1 we missed the attempt from in front, about 30-40 out. The next the ball was lost in a hit up, which led to the Milford field goal. And the final set we had an opportunity to level the scores with a drop goal but opted to throw it wide in hope.

Live i thought the ball bounced before it got to Milford and he got it cleanly but replays suggest different, i don't know if it's possible to send it upstairs?

The decision that i was fuming about was the Moga try that the bunker gave. The tackle is clearly completed by Walker when Milford is held up and the bunker did not consider that at all. That was the decision that decided it because the Broncos were beginning to panic like they have a few times this season when behind.

I am crushed just like many of you are but in the end, we still had our opportunities at the death and we didn't take them.
That Spilt Ball came from... A Burgess!! Who ELSE?? The second TD pulled back was because GBurgess was MARGINALLY Offside. That aside Milford LOST the rock prior and he WAS TACKLED ON THE GROUND FOR SEVERAL SECONDS. How LONG before the whistle blows that play DEAD???