What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will coach in 2018

Saintsified

Bench
I'd say the deal has already been done. Millward's and Doust's recent words indicate to me that Mary is on the way out.
You may be right and if Mary wins the comp, Doust will look like a f**khead again which ill be happy about hahahah

The calm one

Juniors
Hard to sack him if he keeps winning.
I can't get my head around this. Let's say for the conversation that Paker and Dugan resign. That means that four internationals, Widdop, Packer, Hunt and Dugan have all signed/resigned and none of the above, nor anyone in the club from the CEO to the ball boy know who is coaching the team next year. YEAH RIGHT. Donnie Trump has no idea where North Korea is either

Saintsified

Bench
I can't get my head around this. Let's say for the conversation that Paker and Dugan resign. That means that four internationals, Widdop, Packer, Hunt and Dugan have all resigned and none of the above, nor anyone in the club from the CEO to the ball boy don't know who is coaching the team next year. YEAH RIGHT. Donnie Trump has no idea where North Korea is either
We are a dumb club, cant see that changing anytime soon.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'd say the deal has already been done. Millward's and Doust's recent words indicate to me that Mary is on the way out.

I think there is no deal at present. My guess is that McGregor was given an ultimatum at the start of season that his future will be determined upon the teams performance this year. Hence the focus on 2017 and IF, as he states many times, he will be the coach in 2018, it will be based on his results this year.
So far he's ticked the box, but it's a long season.
There wouldn't be, as you call it, a top line coach available next year (I know you will say Maguire, but that would place the Rabbits in the same position as us, no "top line" coach, so I think they won't sack him TBH), so that leaves us with rookies such as JD (who I doubt would uproot his family again and he is anointed as the next Broncos HC) and Walters. Unless they look to the ESL, but no-one you would call "Top-Line" or ready to coach at NRL level, unless you are looking at Toovey who I don't see as a fit for our team. Tony Smith and co have also indicated they do not wish to return to Australia.

getsmarty

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-mcgregor-a-better-coach-20170420-gvp8hv.html

I have posted this in the articles section. Certainly shows Paul McGregor in a new light. I wish his mum a speedy recovery and maybe we should all (myself included ) cut Mary some slack. Its difficult when you have to go through family struggles with illness. I hope we can beat the Roosters for Mary's mum and also for Mary so that they both have something to smile about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Obviously Queensland is not overseas Benny v just to keep you in the loop I have a mate in Brisbane coaches a junior team came from peakhurst I'm in the phillipinnes at present any thing else you'd like to know I had corn flakes for breakfast
Normally I'd say you can't write this stuff. But, here we are.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-mcgregor-a-better-coach-20170420-gvp8hv.html

I have posted this in the articles section. Certainly shows Paul McGregor in a new light. I wish his mum a speedy recovery and maybe we should all (myself included ) cut Mary some slack. Its difficult when you have to go through family struggles with illness. I hope we can beat the Roosters for Mary's mum and also for Mary so that they both have something to smile about.

Thanks for posting that link. That is a really good article.

Walpole

Juniors
If we keep playing like we have been it'll by Mary and fair enough too. The only other coach who's started as well this season is Bellamy. Let's just wait until the season's mostly over before we make any decision.

And if anyone thinks Kevin Walters would be any better, get yourself a beverage of your choice, sit down in front of a game on Fox and listen to that dribbler stumble through his confused "analysis" of just about anything that's happening on the field or off. I didn't realise English was his second language but I guess he is from Queensland after all.

Latest posts