What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Day Dragons Roosters Round 8

ALSGI

Bench
We can smash them by 2 or 10 plus, just hope we get it done again.....
Yep agree Minh, don't really care by how much we win on the scoreboard....as long as the ANZAC commemorations are worthy of our fallen and the crowd is respectful, then we beat the shit out of them and totally demoralise these upity bondi flog bags. Can't wait to see their whinging coach have a cry again.

I have a decision, and it's going to the board...... TRY harder rorters !!

Dragons 38-0 would be a nice touch for Changa and his family right now.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I hope our team mirrors my drinking habits throughout the game and has a steady increase in points.
Of course, any beverage intake is purely for medicinal purposes in accordance with sound advice from Dr Bourbon.
Any win, regardless of how we obtain it will do me.
As some have already stated. The icing on the cake will be the whinging sound of Robinson afterwards.

FlameThrower

Bench
Although technically a normal round clash, this game has a semi finals feel to it. The occasion is huge and anywhere upwards of 30K people there make this a great event. Both teams no matter how they are playing prior to thus, always lift a few gears..
I'm all always nervous until the full time siren...will be a tight one in my opinion....
A win with no injuries to our guys as all I want...

Dragsters

First Grade
I love this game and have been to almost every one. I live close by and will be making the short walk to the ground to cheer on the Mighty Red V and will make the short walk home again post match, with no voice as usual!

Hopefully with another victory over the feather dusters to keep us on the top of the table and signing "oh when the saints" while exiting the venue.

Dragons by 16.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
If we're down 20 nil at half time I'm throwing the chicken out and ordering piza, then we're all coming to look for you Crush.
If we are down 20 nil at half time I will take the chook out of the oven, hurl it across the front lawn into the drain then calmly go back inside, change the channel and watch re-runs of family fued.

ALSGI

Bench
If we are down 20 nil at half time I will take the chook out of the oven, hurl it across the front lawn into the drain then calmly go back inside, change the channel and watch re-runs of family fued.
Just in case we are 20 nil down at half time, what's your address, and can you put some chilli on the chook, have some wild turkey on standby and switch it back to the footy.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I just read an interesting stat, our left hand edge has the most tries in the competition. The roosters left hand edge is second.

That means our right hand edge, which we all believe is the weakness in defence is going to be under even more pressure.

McDonald+Aitken better be prepared.

getsmarty

Immortal
Anzac spirit to lift Roosters, Dragons
Mon 24 Apr, 2017, 10:30am
By Martin Gabor, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MartinJGabor

image.ashx

The traditional Anzac Day clash between the Sydney Roosters and St George Illawarra Dragons has become the most significant regular season match on the rugby league calendar, and both sides believe it's their duty to honour past and present servicemen and women with a brand of footy befitting the occasion.

Form goes out the window when these sides meet in the annual blockbuster, with both sets of players often lifting several gears on the back of the energy and emotion created by a sold-out Allianz Stadium.

‌"It's our Australia Day, for me. That's how important it is. It's the day we commemorate the culture and the history that's been passed on from generation to generation," Roosters coach Trent Robinson said.

"We're very privileged to play on Anzac Day. For the Dragons and the Roosters to have this day, it's the biggest day in the regular season in rugby league and we're lucky enough to play on that day.

"It's up to the Dragons and Roosters to play football on that day, and that's how we commemorate it. We want to play our best football and that's how we commemorate Anzac Day – we play our best football on that day."

This will be the 10th Anzac Day match Dragons winger Jason Nightingale has been a part of, and he believes the sense of occasion is enough to get the blood pumping in readiness for what is usually a game of the highest quality.

"I think we all see the importance and the significance of the occasion. It is a momentous occasion and one we're privileged to go out and play sport on that day and commemorate the sacrifices," Nightingale said.

"It's never a game that's hard to get up for. You don't really need to do a lot of preparation mentally around the game.

"You do all of your training, but there's nothing that you need to do extra to pump up energy or create emotion. There's already enough motivation behind the messages being told on the day and the fact that we're privileged to be playing on this day.

"You get there and there are 30,000 people packed into the city and it's a pretty good way to get the blood pumping and to get the emotion to attack the game of rugby league.

"Something does come over you when you hear the Last Post and see the excitement in the crowd, you get caught up in the emotion of the day."

http://www.nrl.com/anzac-spirit-to-lift-roosters-dragons/tabid/10874/newsid/105988/default.aspx

Old Timer

Coach
I posted this over in JA so thought I better give a heads up over here just in case.

"Unfortunately I won't be at the game tomorrow as Mrs. OT and I are off on cruise tomorrow at 4pm for some much needed R & R.
I know the club will be in capable hands for the next 2 weeks so rack up a few wins for me whilst I am away.
We'd normally be up on deck having a beer for the sail away but will no doubt be down in the bar watching the game in my Dragons Cap cheering on the Big Red V.
If per chance (not likely I hope) we are losing by the time we get near the heads I strongly suggest nobody goes swimming in the harbour for a few days as I might be inclined to leave a big turd behind for the eastern suburbs folk to enjoy."

Somebody questioned what about if it floats into Botany Bay, well as long as it's on the Kurnell part that should be ok too.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Who would have thought after the Charity shield game earlier this year that we would be going into this game as confident as we are of our team getting a win. Just makes you realise what a huge turnaround in a short period of time.

2010Dragons

Bench
I look forward to this round every year. Game of the season. Fire up boys, rip some headless chooks !!!

Hope we win convincingly without any bullshit calls like the broncos game....then Robbo will have nothing to whinge about !!

ALSGI

Bench
I look forward to this round every year. Game of the season. Fire up boys, rip some headless chooks !!!

Hope we win convincingly without any bullshit calls like the broncos game....then Robbo will have nothing to whinge about !!
I'll be thrilled with a good win too but the icing on the roast chook would be another massive spit by Coach Trent.

Latest posts