What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Thread

Crush

Coach
Experts LOL
Aren't they the peoples that gave us Penrith as the premiership favourites?
Aren't they the people who said Bronco's are finished, Bennett has lost his mojo etc etc?
Aren't they the people that were giving us a bottom 2 finish if not the spoon?
Aren't they the people that are still loathe to pick us to win a game despite what we have achieved this year?
Aren't they the people that continually talked Benji up?

Did you actually watch the game last night?
I would guess that probably you didn't because IMO at least 4 other players more deserving than Hayne and 2 of those were on the losing side.
The experts as you call them just love to crawl up an arse or 2 and Hayne just happens to be one of them.
No I didn't watch the game mate.
I just read this morning that he won man of the match.
TBH, I actually couldn't care less about this topic, I just thought I would challenge you on it because you jumped on another poster for selecting a player in his team that you disagreed with and thought it a bit rich to call someone delusional when in actual fact it is very probable that Hayne will be selected.
Thats all, calm down.

Saintsified

Bench
Alright, so Origin is looming and I think it's probably fair enough to start picking our teams.

Apologies to the Queenslanders here, you're free to post your QLD teams too, but i'm feeling like this will mostly be a NSW team thread.

Here is my team.

1. Tedesco
2. Trbojevic
3. Dugan
4. Leilua
5. Ferguson (to be replaced by Mansour as soon as he is fit)
6. Maloney
7. Pearce (very tentatively)
8. Fifita
9. Wallace/Peats
10. Woods (EXTREMELY tentatively)
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. De Belin

14. Bird
16. Vaughan
17. W.Graham
18. Klemmer/Boyd/James/Jackson
No Hayne?

Old Timer

Coach
No I didn't watch the game mate.
I just read this morning that he won man of the match.
TBH, I actually couldn't care less about this topic, I just thought I would challenge you on it because you jumped on another poster for selecting a player in his team that you disagreed with and thought it a bit rich to call someone delusional when in actual fact it is very probable that Hayne will be selected.
Thats all, calm down.
Calm down WTF
I had a dialogue going with mickeylane and you couldn't help but jump in.
Then you bring a lot of shit to the argument and when you get challenged it's the old "I couldn't care less argument".
I am quite sure mickeylane is more than capable of holding his own pecker and doesn't need you to shake it.
Your input has only managed to get his skin stuck in the zipper.
Now when you get a moment by all means enlighten me as to exactly why Hayne is going to get picked for origin and please don't go back to the "he's a big occasion player" crap that just won't cut it surely there must be something more relevant for him to remove an incumbent?

Crush

Coach
Calm down WTF
Then you bring a lot of shit to the argument and when you get challenged it's the old "I couldn't care less argument".
I am quite sure mickeylane is more than capable of holding his own pecker and doesn't need you to shake it.
Now when you get a moment by all means enlighten me as to exactly why Hayne is going to get picked for origin and please don't go back to the "he's a big occasion player" crap that just won't cut it surely there must be something more relevant for him to remove an incumbent?
WOW

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Pearce a shoe in, since the dog incident he has improved out of sight, may be he is maturing as a person/player...

Frank Facer

First Grade
1 Tedesco
2 B Morris
3 Leilua
4 T Trbjovic
5 Hayne/Fergo
6 Maloney
7 Pearce. I don't think Cleary is ready this year and I don't like Adam Reynolds
8 Woods
9 Farrah. His last year. The fact that he is not playing 80 minutes each week is a massive concern. I considered McInnis, but will give him another year to prove himself
10 Paulo
11 Frizzell
12 Cordner
13 DeBelin

14 Bird
15 Lewis
16 Fifita
17 Vaughan

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Calm down WTF
Morning OT,
So I guess with Hayne he is likely to get selected based on what he has acheived at that level in the past.
He has played 20 origin games and every time he has played he has been a standout. The last time he was available for selection was 2014 where he played all 3 games at fullback and had a massive hand in winning them the series, the first match he was MOM but we can't count on that being accurate because as you say its all rigged and they are just awards for the media.
Since then he hasn't been selected because he has been off playing NFL, rugby 7s and lawn bowls.
Now he is back. Whoever the incumbent is will have to move over and make space.

I hope that is a sufficient response and you don't expect me to give you a decription of his skills and attributes and what he brings to the game because I think its pretty plain to see.
He has won Daley M medal twice. Do they count or are they rigged like MOM?

And don't get me wrong I am definitely not a fan of Hayne but I think he will be playing for NSW and should be. He loves the big stage!

Old Timer

Coach
Morning OT,
So I guess with Hayne he is likely to get selected based on what he has acheived at that level in the past.
He has played 20 origin games and every time he has played he has been a standout. The last time he was available for selection was 2014 where he played all 3 games at fullback and had a massive hand in winning them the series, the first match he was MOM but we can't count on that being accurate because as you say its all rigged and they are just awards for the media.
Since then he hasn't been selected because he has been off playing NFL, rugby 7s and lawn bowls.
Now he is back. Whoever the incumbent is will have to move over and make space.

I hope that is a sufficient response and you don't expect me to give you a decription of his skills and attributes and what he brings to the game because I think its pretty plain to see.
He has won Daley M medal twice. Do they count or are they rigged like MOM?

And don't get me wrong I am definitely not a fan of Hayne but I think he will be playing for NSW and should be. He loves the big stage!
If Hayne is selected it just goes to prove what is wrong with the NRL
Absolute show pony, it's all about me player can come and go as he likes with no commitment to club or the code and still get rep honours
Meanwhile people who do commit everything can get brushed
If that is condoned and allowed to happen at rep level then what do we really expect to happen at club level?
Sluttish behaviour will only get you a nasty disease in the end
Looks like the NRL already has it.
Time for the NRL stand up and say you are either with us or f**k off
Good on Mal for already labelling a few as no go zones at national level.

Buz-V

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Dugan
5. Hayne
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Fafita
9. Farrah
10. Woods (vc)
11. Frizell
12. Cordner (c)
13. Graham

14. Austin
15. Klemmer
16. Vaughan
17. DeBelin

Belta

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Ferguson
3. Leilua
4. T.Trbjovic
5. Rapana
6. J. Reynolds
7. A.Reynolds
8. Boyd
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. Cordner
13. Graham

14. JBD
15. J.Trbjovic
16. Klemmer
17. Fifita

Minh

First Grade
In the backs as long as NSW have Tedesco, Hayne and Dugan they will do very well with these strike players......I'd throw in Leilua for X factor too....

BennyV

Referee
1. Dugan
2. Ferguson
3. Leilua
4. T.Trbjovic
5. Rapana
6. J. Reynolds
7. A.Reynolds
8. Boyd
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. Cordner
13. Graham

14. JBD
15. J.Trbjovic
16. Klemmer
17. Fifita
Rapana is a kiwi. And Reynolds is a spastic. Maloney will be one of the first players picked, thankfully (it's about the only thing they'll get right).

Old Timer

Coach
Rapana is a kiwi. And Reynolds is a spastic. Maloney will be one of the first players picked, thankfully (it's about the only thing they'll get right).
Wonder why didn't he pick Johnstone and Papalli while he was at it?

Oki

Juniors
Here's my team NO Pearce, Dugan or Ferguson

1. Tedesco
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Leilua
5. Hayne
6. Austin
7. Maloney
8. Boyd
9. Peats