What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounding +'ve regarging Packer

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Just love that snarl that he has on his face when he is really motoring along .
It's almost as if someone has taken a bite out of his Wagon Wheel , and that someone is going to pay for it , big time ! :eek:
I was convinced about Packer's standing amongst his peers when Fifita did a double take when he turned around to retaliate to something during a scuffle.

Frank Facer

First Grade
It'd be terrific news if we can retain Packer and Dugan and a monumental effort if both Lafai and Mann are retained as well.....I know that's asking a lot lol
I do not think it is asking a lot. We are only retaining our current players, with the addition of Hunt next year. Our squad was second favourites for the spoon at the start of the year. We let Marshall go and did not replace him. I think we should be able to retain all of the above 4. Easts, Canterbury and Brisbane would have no trouble fitting our current squad plus Hunt under their salary cap. They would probably have space for another marquee player and another player on 500K plus.

Old Timer

Coach
I was convinced about Packer's standing amongst his peers when Fifita did a double take when he turned around to retaliate to something during a scuffle.
Packer is one hard nut if ever there was one.
Forged from hardened steel on a forge of fire and brimstone.
Notice Gallen talked about knocking out Sunny Bill wonder what he might think of a fight with Russell?
Nightmares I would suggest.
Kandos was the same, just rock hard and no doubt Michelangelo would've had a hard time cutting either one of them out of the marble.

KiamaSaint

Coach
You only have took look at the celebrations the team displayed when Widdop scored against Manly. It has been a long, long time since the dragons showed team morale like that
To be fair, it has been a long, long time the dragons scored regularly.

possm

Coach
The Dragons should point Dugan to the fact that Tedesco was signed at 700k by the Roosters and Dugan's manager should be told to find a TPA for Dugan in the same way that the Roosters organised a 500k TPA for Tedesco.

Put the heat back on the manager. Indicate he could do more to get this deal done!

possm

Coach
Both Packer and Dugan have the same manager. Put the heat on the manager by approaching two replacement players, a prop and a fullback, making it known time is running out.

Or just sign Packer, Lafai and Mann and tell Dugan he has the left over money and if the cap ends up being closer to 10m p/a, we will up grade his contract. If Tedesco can cop a 700k contract from the Roosters, surely Dugan should be over the moon for what the Dragons are offering. It is up to Dugan's manager to liaise with the NRL in an effort to raise a TPA, in a similar fashion to what Tedesco's manager has done.

I do not post rumours in here, but there is a Facebook post alleging to have been personally told by Russell that he has extended his contract, will be announces possibly on Wednesday this week.
It is not confirmed but thought I would post it here just for information.
Personally I hope he signs Packer is awesome player and would love it if he stays

2010, I have heard this as well from a few people however like you say it's just a rumour.
Basically have been told Russell has made it clear he only wants to be a Dragon.
Let's hope it is true, 2 year extension would be nice.

Old Timer

Coach
The Dragons should point Dugan to the fact that Tedesco was signed at 700k by the Roosters and Dugan's manager should be told to find a TPA for Dugan in the same way that the Roosters organised a 500k TPA for Tedesco.

Put the heat back on the manager. Indicate he could do more to get this deal done!
Possm
Easts are experts at doing them and roarting the system so they have a distinct advantage so they are not a good example to use.
Regardless of TPA's, cap, brown paper bags or the like it all gets added up in the end to form the deal.
It is not Dugan's managers job to get this shit organised it is the clubs.
If we cant get TPA's the obviously we have to pay out of the cap, again not Dugan's issue.
In respect of Tedesco and people going on about him, well I would have Dugan in front of him every single day of the week.
Tedesco is a sook and a shit defender of which Dugan is neither.

possm

Coach
Possm
Easts are experts at doing them and roarting the system so they have a distinct advantage so they are not a good example to use.
Regardless of TPA's, cap, brown paper bags or the like it all gets added up in the end to form the deal.
It is not Dugan's managers job to get this shit organised it is the clubs.
If we cant get TPA's the obviously we have to pay out of the cap, again not Dugan's issue.
In respect of Tedesco and people going on about him, well I would have Dugan in front of him every single day of the week.
Tedesco is a sook and a shit defender of which Dugan is neither.
The only reference to Tedesco is to the way his package is made up.
In another post, BennyV made it clear, clubs must stay at arms length from TPAs and the NRL only register them. So who organises them in a timely manner each time the Roosters recruit a player. I'd say, and I've said it before, the player manager somehow knows who to contact. I'm sure he would have some part to play mainly because those guys always want their cut.

Packer is a good example of turning ones life around. Commitment to a great club, further studies and family. He's in a good space and it's showing on the field. Put in a blinder today.
Totally agree.
We all make mistakes. We shouldn't have to pay for it for the rest of our lives.
We met Russell and the rest of the team the night before the Wynnum trial. My young bloke (10year old) sat on the lounge and chatted to him for 10-15 mins.
We drove down the following night (3 generations of Dragons supporters) to watch the game.
When the game finished, he went to the side of the field to talk to supporters (the only player to do so). My young bloke ran to where he was standing, just to say 'Hi', Russell recognised him, pointed to him and joking said 'hey what do you want'? My young bloke replied 'a high five' which he did.
My young bloke was in awe. 'My new favourite player' he said.
Such a small gesture, but made a huge impact.
Our family will be shattered if we don't sign him.

possm

Coach
Totally agree.
We all make mistakes. We shouldn't have to pay for it for the rest of our lives.
We met Russell and the rest of the team the night before the Wynnum trial. My young bloke (10year old) sat on the lounge and chatted to him for 10-15 mins.
We drove down the following night (3 generations of Dragons supporters) to watch the game.
When the game finished, he went to the side of the field to talk to supporters (the only player to do so). My young bloke ran to where he was standing, just to say 'Hi', Russell recognised him, pointed to him and joking said 'hey what do you want'? My young bloke replied 'a high five' which he did.
My young bloke was in awe. 'My new favourite player' he said.
Such a small gesture, but made a huge impact.
Our family will be shattered if we don't sign him.
Yes I went to the trial game the next day. Pissed down all day long. Milne's first game with the Red V and selected on the wing. He hardly saw the ball all game but when he did he was a standout.

By the way even though it was raining very heavy at games end, Milne came over to the fence - right where we were sitting - and signed my then 8 year old son's jumper. He spent a lot of time talking and signing items for youngsters all wanting to be near him.

possm

Coach
2010, I have heard this as well from a few people however like you say it's just a rumour.
Basically have been told Russell has made it clear he only wants to be a Dragon.
Let's hope it is true, 2 year extension would be nice.
Yea, I too hope it's true. By the way I used to live at Coolamon Court Eatons Hill.

Latest posts