What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R9 - Broncos 32-18 Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Round 9: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Broncos have done well to win this match.

It's always disappointing to see the refs hand the inferior side 4/5 bullshit calls in a row, just because they feel sorry for them.

How Merrin is the AUS lock and McGuire isn't, wow just wow.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Broncos have done well to win this match.

It's always disappointing to see the refs hand the inferior side 4/5 bullshit calls in a row, just because they feel sorry for them.

How Merrin is the AUS lock and McGuire isn't, wow just wow.

Worst sympathy ref performance you'll see this year. 7 to 3 penalty count against on our own turf after last week totally isn't suss at all. This comp is laughable at times.

Frankus

Juniors
I was one of few Panthers supporters pissed off about that.

He has more heart than any forward at our club except for Yeo.
Rubbish. From memory you and betcats were creaming your jeans at the thought of lardarse coming here and said there is no room for ET in the 17 - he either starts or isn't here at all. I will have to go back through the archives and happy to apologise if/when I am wrong.

Rubbish. From memory you and betcats were creaming your jeans at the thought of lardarse coming here and said there is no room for ET in the 17 - he either starts or isn't here at all. I will have to go back through the archives and happy to apologise if/when I am wrong.
Last year Merrin played better than ET could even dream of. Was the right call

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
had the riff with a 14.5 head start the finish off a pretty awesome multi. Was a very depressing 70 minutes or so

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Perhaps because the ball traveled BACKWARDS???

Game 2 2014 State of Origin: Hayne dislodges the ball from Thaiday's grip in a tackling motion similar to McGuire's last night and Thaiday falls on the loose ball over the tryline regathering simultaneously. It's ruled no-try due to loose carry despite Hayne's grabbing motion dislodging the ball.

I assume Panthers fans were okay with that decision.

Last edited:

___

Juniors
Game 2 2014 State of Origin: Hayne dislodges the ball from Thaiday's grip in a tackling motion similar to McGuire's last night and Thaiday falls on the loose ball over the tryline regathering simultaneously. It's ruled no-try due to loose carry despite Hayne's grabbing motion dislodging the ball.

So you're referring to a decision in a game 3 years ago to justify last nights incorrect call?? Blind Freddy could tell you that was a try.

Sean7

Juniors
Perhaps because the ball traveled BACKWARDS???

Yes it did. I can't understand how anyone could think it was not a try. The commentators seemed to be harping on about it not being played at. What does that even matter unless the ball went forward? Wallace didn't loose the ball into the Brisbane player. He didn't propell the ball forward at any stage. I can't see any argument for no try.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So you're referring to a decision in a game 3 years ago to justify last nights incorrect call?? Blind Freddy could tell you that was a try.

So you agree then that Thaiday's try was legit and NSW have NOT won a series in over 10 years?

The simple fact is that the refs err on the side of knock on any time the ball is dislodged from a player's hands in the act of scoring a try. It is consistent with past rulings.

Sean7

Juniors

I actually think that was a try and I thought it at the time too. I haven't seen the replay for a long time, but if memory serves, I do think it should have been awarded.

Latest posts