What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R9 - Broncos 32-18 Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Round 9: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

___

Juniors
So you agree then that Thaiday's try was legit and NSW have NOT won a series in over 10 years?

The simple fact is that the refs err on the side of knock on any time the ball is dislodged from a player's hands in the act of scoring a try. It is consistent with past rulings.
Is that the way you want to play? State of Origin, Game 2, 2007.

Queensland win 10-6 by scoring a try off a forward pass.

Had the forward pass been called, NSW would've had the ball in good attacking range. So no, I don't agree that NSW wouldn't have won a series in over 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_State_of_Origin_series

A pass (that appeared to be forward but was allowed by the referee) went to Thurston who, keeping the ball alive, chipped a grubbing kick through the line of defence for centre Steven Bell to pick up and dive over the try-line in the corner.

Now stay on topic.

skeepe

Immortal
The fact that Mcguire proceeded to knock the ball out of Panthers hands a few more times in the game shows the bunker got it laughably wrong about his intent.

A terrible decision that isn't backed up by the rules.

Munted

Bench
Yes it did. I can't understand how anyone could think it was not a try. The commentators seemed to be harping on about it not being played at. What does that even matter unless the ball went forward? Wallace didn't loose the ball into the Brisbane player. He didn't propell the ball forward at any stage. I can't see any argument for no try.
Same goes for the 'loose carry' argument. I can carry however the f**k I want. If it goes back, play on.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Is that the way you want to play? State of Origin, Game 2, 2007.

Queensland win 10-6 by scoring a try off a forward pass.

Had the forward pass been called, NSW would've had the ball in good attacking range. So no, I don't agree that NSW wouldn't have won a series in over 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_State_of_Origin_series

A pass (that appeared to be forward but was allowed by the referee) went to Thurston who, keeping the ball alive, chipped a grubbing kick through the line of defence for centre Steven Bell to pick up and dive over the try-line in the corner.

Now stay on topic.

Let's not get into a discussion about how many calls Qld have gotten during their golden run. IBM will be in his mid teens by the time it's finished.

___

Juniors
I did. I gave you an example of a ruling consistent with the one last night. You're the one trying to talk about supposed forward passes.

Try to keep up.
Ummm... the point you were making is that QLD should've won in 2014 meaning the NSW have not won in over 10 years - I gave you an example of how that is not necessarily the case.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Ummm... the point you were making is that QLD should've won in 2014 meaning the NSW have not won in over 10 years - I gave you an example of how that is not necessarily the case.

Nope. You've failed to comprehend again. The point that I was making was that there are many other rulings consistent with the one last night that didn't get the squealing we're seeing today. 2014 SOO was one of the most prominent examples.

JokerEel

First Grade
Nope. You've failed to comprehend again. The point that I was making was that there are many other rulings consistent with the one last night that didn't get the squealing we're seeing today. 2014 SOO was one of the most prominent examples.

If we could go back to 2014 I will bet we got alot of squealing about that no try most probably from yourself as it is still fresh in your memory...

JokerEel

First Grade
The Bunker said that due to Wallace reaching out that that constitutes as a loose carry.. My question is every time a player extends his arm from now on and the ball touches the opposition is that a knock on?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Penrith absolutely got the rub tonight 7-3 penalty count in their favor, their first try was a gift on the back of 2 bullshit penalties, 2nd try he deadset dropped it, 3rd try was all momentum based

Still got toweled up, better luck next time

Balance that with the bunker no try decision at the start of the game and the refs refusal to use the bin for repeated infringements when Penrith spent time in the 2nd half on the Broncos line and it evens up somewhat.

The bettter team still won but lets not pretend u blokes got shafted by the refereeing.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The only time u blokes get f**ked hard it is generally by your own doing.

2015 GF a good example.

I dream of the day you get f**ked by the bunker and the outrage it will bring given the amount of sulking here about last nights penalty count.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If we could go back to 2014 I will bet we got alot of squealing about that no try most probably from yourself as it is still fresh in your memory...
You're most welcome to go back and have a look at mine and others posts. I won't hold my breath....

Vee

First Grade
Very perplexing. I don't like bagging refs because they make mistakes, just like the players, but that's next level.
I don't mind refs getting it wrong on-field, players make mistakes too. But I can't cop the bunker getting it wrong with all the time and replays they have. In this case, the on-field ref got it right and was overruled by the idiot in the bunker who got it so badly wrong. It was knocked out by the defender and the ball went back. Disgraceful!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The only time u blokes get f**ked hard it is generally by your own doing.

2015 GF a good example.

I dream of the day you get f**ked by the bunker and the outrage it will bring given the amount of sulking here about last nights penalty count.
i remember gillett getting 10 in the bin for being onside not long ago and ben hunt had a try disallowed because a milford pass was called forward that went 2m backward but keep letting the butthurt flow through you its f**ken funny.

Pedge1971

First Grade
i remember gillett getting 10 in the bin for being onside not long ago and ben hunt had a try disallowed because a milford pass was called forward that went 2m backward but keep letting the butthurt flow through you its f**ken funny.

Salty butthurt mate. Salty.