What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England V Samoa, may 2017

English Rose

Juniors
Realistically how many of this England squad would get in the Australian team?

I would say 2 max - Sam Burgess and James Graham.

I have no problem with them picking McQueen and Heighington due to where they are from cos let's face it other countries do it but it's the fact that they are not good enough.

We have players back in Super League who are better, for example Liam Farrell is a much better player than McQueen

adamkungl

Immortal
Realistically how many of this England squad would get in the Australian team?

I would say 2 max - Sam Burgess and James Graham.

I have no problem with them picking McQueen and Heighington due to where they are from cos let's face it other countries do it but it's the fact that they are not good enough.

We have players back in Super League who are better, for example Liam Farrell is a much better player than McQueen

I'd say the real cause is the RFL or clubs didn't want to send over 2 blokes who weren't going to run on anyway.

On that note - Ratchford has been drafted in with Widdop pulling out.

You'd have to say Williams and Gale are the certain halves now, anything else would be completely out of left field.

English Rose

Juniors
Is the only way to watch this game in England online at a cost?

If so it's an absolute joke that the RFL have chose to ignore the BBC who were willing to show this game to a national audience for free!

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
RL fans are so small minded when it comes to blowing non-issues like McQueen and Heighington into supposed big deals.

Yours sincerely,

Ben Te'O, Tonie "Kiwi" Carroll, Kevin Pietersen, Allan Lamb, Shontane Hape, Lesley Vainakolo, +various pseudo Italians, Frogs etc that will be drafted into the World Cup.Not to mention the players left out by Aus/NZ who then revert to other nationalities.

Every other sport uses eligibility rules. McQueen has never played for Australia. Heighington played for England (badly) some years ago.

Bennett has been tasked with making England competitive. If he thinks these players help, sobeit.

adamkungl

Immortal
RL fans are so small minded when it comes to blowing non-issues like McQueen and Heighington into supposed big deals.

Yours sincerely,

Ben Te'O, Tonie "Kiwi" Carroll, Kevin Pietersen, Allan Lamb, Shontane Hape, Lesley Vainakolo, +various pseudo Italians, Frogs etc that will be drafted into the World Cup.Not to mention the players left out by Aus/NZ who then revert to other nationalities.

Every other sport uses eligibility rules. McQueen has never played for Australia. Heighington played for England (badly) some years ago.

Bennett has been tasked with making England competitive. If he thinks these players help, sobeit.

But they won't. Because they're plodders.
Not good enough to play for Australia but expected to beat Australia.

LeagueXIII

First Grade

Yours sincerely,

Yes but every other sport has well structured domestic leagues and domestic players.The difference is international league teams of say Italy are made up of Australians whilst the union team may have 3 or 4 overseas players but the rest come from Italy. If the league team were like this it wouldn't be an issue.

English Rose

Juniors

Yours sincerely,

Like I said I don't have an issue of where they are from it's the fact that they are not good enough

Clarkent

Juniors
After match interview of the Broncos vs Panthers game last night... Milford and Josh McGuire have put there hand up for samoa... can't wait too see who else put there hand up

Pommy

Coach
After match interview of the Broncos vs Panthers game last night... Milford and Josh McGuire have put there hand up for samoa... can't wait too see who else put there hand up

Seriously? Wouldn't have picked it.

Clarkent

Juniors
Just hope they pick a good forward pack to compete with england and give Milford room to do he's thing

Clarkent

Juniors
Yeah he's the oldest samoan test player... I mean that test wise... made he's debut in 2010 as a young kid still coming up in the Broncos ranks against the kiwis... alongside David Solomona ali lauititi and a few legends