What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is our time

Doomednow

Bench
So apparently, according to our promotional video where players are inexplicably standing around, smiling slyly at the camera and kneeling on the turf at Pepper Stadium, "This is our time."

And yet round 1 we run out like a bunch of busted arseholes high on the smell of their own farts.

Moving past the gratuitous anal imagery, post all good news and reasons for hope this season in this thread. I didn't wait a whole off season for this rubbish. Let's have some actual concrete things to be excited about, not just dumb hype.

Mad excitement for improvement in round 2.

age.s

First Grade
The only positive I can think of right now is that we can't possibly play that badly again. Right?

Right???

We have not had back to back top 8 finishes since 2004. Therefore it was really important this year to finish at least top 8 but ideally top 4 so we could built some momentum sides like the cows and storm have. hopefully that loss motivates us but well just have to see

age.s

First Grade
TMM having a semi-decent game behind a pack getting severely outclassed suggests he's going to be a handful when we're rolling forward.

soc123_au

Staff member
TMM having a semi-decent game behind a pack getting severely outclassed suggests he's going to be a handful when we're rolling forward.
This one one of the few things positive to take from the weekend. Blake looks like he will have another good year as well.

TheFrog

Coach
Lets hope that's this weekend, because while Moses showed his ability last year, Brooks now appears on the up and up as well. Certainly this pair make the Dragons halves look pedestrian. Then you've got the twinkle toed one at the back. In short, if our pack is dominated again this week, the Dragons game might be made to look like a close result.

GongPanther

Referee
The only positive I can think of right now is that we can't possibly play that badly again. Right?

Right???

It was one of those games were you look back in ten years from now,and read the team sheet and wonder HTF we played so badly.

Right off this game [St George] as a trial. If things work out,we should be back on track with an entertaining win over the Tiges.

maple_69

Bench
We were out to the sword because our pack was totally not up for it not because we don't have the talent. It can only take weeks to change that. Every good side gets a warning early in the year that they can be embarrassed if they're not on their game. Hopefully ours just came early.

Agree Martin was the highlight form round 1. What Moylan and Cleary do requires some space. If we get them that space and we also have Martin pulling out some magic they win us most games. The spine is perfectly equipped to unlock a lethal backline, our pack just needs to get their head in the game, play to their largely rep level and earn them that space.

Doomednow

Bench
Damn I was hoping we can getting annihilated by teams so hoping Soward would return
Let's hope some injuries in the halves will help

The world's most obvious and yet perplexing troll account. Why would you even waste the time it took you to type this?

tripster

Juniors
The world's most obvious and yet perplexing troll account. Why would you even waste the time it took you to type this?

I find him (or her) classic. Not a traditional troll who tries to fire people up - just an amusing one who provides a bit of comic relief from time to time.

TheFrog

Coach
Damn I was hoping we can getting annihilated by teams so hoping Soward would return
Let's hope some injuries in the halves will help
A lot of people here have a soft spot for Sowie after he carried us to week 3 in '14. But his body is broken. Too broken to even play second tier in England. He's been promised a job at the Panthers next year after his year off and we can only hope he does well.

soc123_au

Staff member
A lot of people here have a soft spot for Sowie after he carried us to week 3 in '14. But his body is broken. Too broken to even play second tier in England. He's been promised a job at the Panthers next year after his year off and we can only hope he does well.

The little merkin has a place in my heart on the back of that forever. He earned every penny he got from us imo. Its such a shame his back let him down a few years too soon.

mxlegend99

Referee
9 rounds in and we are battling for a spoon.

The club hyprs our season up only to give us the worst effort we have seen in ober a decade.

Pomoz

Bench
That's the trouble with bold marketing slogans, you can look like a idiot a few months down the track. Humble pie anybody, cream or ice cream?

Doomednow

Bench
I'm weirdly detached from it. I'm angry, but I'm also laughing at how shit we are. My hope is lost. I can't believe the prem faves are this shit. What else is there to do but shrug until something is done?

The more we lose the higher the chance of Griffin's sacking, right?

Latest posts