What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos proved themselves tonight

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Interesting Tony Archer has commented suggesting Tautau Moga was not a try, but the Anthony Milford field goal was not a knock on.

I disagree I thought it was knock on. But to be fair to the refs it was fractional knock-on in a real time speed game.

The refs will hardly ever put their hand up for an incorrect live decision. They aren't protected by human error with a bunker call.

Lambretta

First Grade
This may ruffle a few feathers.

The Broncos have been riddled with the most hateable players since their inception. The likes of Michael Hancock, Justin Hodges Darius Boyd and Sam Thiaday immediately come to mind.

I have to go back a fair way to find a Bronco I actually liked....Shane Webcke.

I quite like Darius
The lad overcomes serious mental issues and becomes one of the best players in the game - he is personable and good with the media (which is amazing considering how he was in 2010) and you hate him?

But then I like Ben Ikin, Billy Slater and Corey Parker, so I am probably just a Queenslander in disguise

gUt

Coach
I quite like Darius
The lad overcomes serious mental issues and becomes one of the best players in the game - he is personable and good with the media (which is amazing considering how he was in 2010) and you hate him?

But then I like Ben Ikin, Billy Slater and Corey Parker, so I am probably just a Queenslander in disguise

Congrats on being able to think for yourself.

Triple H

Juniors
I quite like Darius

How could any self respecting footy fan like Parker-uhh?

He's always lacked the necessary charisma-uhh to be a top guy. Plus Corey has a shrine to Corey in his house-uhh. He's a total mark for himself.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Another convincing performance against one of the pre-season favourites to win the comp, the Panthers.

They did slack off in the second half, only because they had the game in the bag.
However should lose Roberts long term, they can't play that Titan reject loser Mead.
If they play that dope, they can forget about this year. He shouldn't be anywhere near the 17, only because Bennett has this wet dream fantasy of turning Mead into a decent first grader.

Forget about it Wayne, don't let your ego get in the way of premiership 7. Stick with your superior juniors instead of never beens like Mead who's probably like some club legend at the Titans. Lol the Titans fans think he's their Fitler.

Life's Good

Coach
Another convincing performance against one of the pre-season favourites to win the comp, the Panthers.

They did slack off in the second half, only because they had the game in the bag.
However should lose Roberts long term, they can't play that Titan reject loser Mead.
If they play that dope, they can forget about this year. He shouldn't be anywhere near the 17, only because Bennett has this wet dream fantasy of turning Mead into a decent first grader.

Forget about it Wayne, don't let your ego get in the way of premiership 7. Stick with your superior juniors instead of never beens like Mead who's probably like some club legend at the Titans. Lol the Titans fans think he's their Fitler.
Bennett is going for his 8th premiership, not 7th. SFB.

Clifferd

Coach

He's always lacked the necessary charisma-uhh to be a top guy. Plus Corey has a shrine to Corey in his house-uhh. He's a total mark for himself.

Ded Hasler is that you?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
hes

hes got pecs though

Lambretta

First Grade

Who said I had any self respect?

Slander, that's what that is

THE CHAMP

First Grade
an
He won 5 at the Broncos and 1 with the Dragons, meaning he has 6. So going for 7th is correct.

No normal human considers a break-away comp in 1997 to count except delusional Broncos fans.
and of course knights fans.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
Another fantastic win by the Broncos.

With the Bulldogs season on the line, they threw everything at the Broncos.
They were tested tonight and I think have stamped themselves as genuine contenders along with Melbourne.

Those two are clearly above the rest of the comp and I expect we'll get a repeat of the 2006 Grand Final come October.

A lot of people including myself thought 2018 would be the Broncos year with the arrivals of Jack Bird, Matt Lodge and the exciting recruit from England Andre Savelio. He's been dubbed the British SBW and he's taken a pay cut to prove himself in the NRL and to Wayne. However the Broncos past few weeks of football reminded me of their glorious 2015 run where they played exciting football. Perhaps with a more experienced Ben Hunt, a rejuvenated Benji Marshall and James Roberts who's career was at crossroads at the Titans looks to finally mature into the player he was destined to become with his off field problems put in check ever since he's arrived at Redhill, perhaps they will go one better.

Last edited: