What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Surely next year, barring catastrophic injuries, we need to be in 9th-11th positon to be fair dinkum about what has been sacrificed the past 24-36 months

We needed a clean out and refresh but the fans can only go so long without a chance of making the 8.

I dont think that is an unreasonable ask

Still Nutty

Juniors
On Pervie's question, I'm more interested in progression up the table like Caped Crusader... and I'm OK with that as benchmark for 2018 - I had in my mind top 12 as a minimum next year and more importantly seeing 2019 as realistic top 8. If Brown and Mooney can't hit those sorts of marks in the next 2 years (and reviewed at 2018 benchmark point) I'm agreeing that there should be a genuine review about what we need to take us to these levels.

The other cavet than might make me review performance and timelines is the sale of the club occurring...if that goes through I'd hope that potentially accelerates our aspirations for what we should be achieving by end of 2018.

slotmachine

First Grade
OK, to finish 10th or 11th, you need about 10 wins.

What sort of recruitment is required to get there? Will a haul of Vete/Tolman/SKD/Hoffman be sufficient? I'd say maybe, if we were very lucky with injuries.

I reckon Gagai will look for a new contract with us after June 30.
DANE’S NEWCASTLE DEADLINE

Newcastle centre Dane Gagai has until June 30 to take up an option for another season at the Knights.

With several clubs interested in the Queensland Origin winger, Gagai is exploring his options on the open market.

While the 26-year-old has another two months before deciding whether to trigger another year in his deal, it’s understood both the club and his management are comfortable renegotiating a deal if he decides to let his option pass.

What’s interesting about the option is — it’s quite lucrative, worth around $600,000.

The Dragons have expressed interest in Gagai with Josh Dugan no certainty to re-sign.

He offers a utility value due to his ability to play centre and fullback.

Gagai has been linked with Cronulla who are looking for a replacement for Jack Bird but it’s understood while the Sharks rate Gagai and have some level of interest, they’ve baulked at his asking price.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...t/news-story/39ba2eb166dbe821257ae516bc5eeaca

Glendale

Juniors
I am optimistic about getting one of Tolman/Graham. The James Graham to Knights rumours started floating around a bit before the Woods and Foran signings came through. And where there's smoke there's fire. Also I know Knights and a Tolman have denied it, but the rumours are there for a reason.

Seage

Juniors
I am optimistic about getting one of Tolman/Graham. The James Graham to Knights rumours started floating around a bit before the Woods and Foran signings came through. And where there's smoke there's fire. Also I know Knights and a Tolman have denied it, but the rumours are there for a reason.

Yeah, until Brisbane finds an extra $2.4million down the back of the couch and decides they could use a decorated British international front rower to beef up their Q Cup feeder team.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
When is the 10 day cooling off period up for Foran and the dogs. There just has has not been any talk in the media about Foran signing with the dog since the rumour hit the papers. The warriors denied the signing and that's it.

I guess I am clinging to hope that the dogs didn't sign him and that's why they ended up getting Dugan.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
When is the 10 day cooling off period up for Foran and the dogs. There just has has not been any talk in the media about Foran signing with the dog since the rumour hit the papers. The warriors denied the signing and that's it.

I guess I am clinging to hope that the dogs didn't sign him and that's why they ended up getting Dugan.

I really dont want to ge my hopes up on Foran, he is just so clearly what our team needs...

The reason im not to cynical about our teams future prospects is because this group reminds me so much of our 2005 squad; players who would bleed for the jumper but just didnt have the talent or maturity to get it done. Throw Joey into that same team and we go from last to top 4.

I know Foran cant be expected to influence the team at yhe level Joey could, but it does show that the presents or absence of one essential player can be the difference between contender and cellar dweller...

Alex28

Coach
Barry Toohey this morning has us chasing Connor Watson (as well as SKD and Graham). In today's Newie version of the Telegraph. No link, just saw a photo...