What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

LESStar58

Referee
Just watched Million dollar baby for this first time since 2004 when I saw in the cinema.

Utterly, utterly depressing at the climax but Freeman is amazing and Eastwood is brilliant on both sides of the camera. And I admire Swank for how she would have prepared for it given that the fight scenes are very, veru well done.

I will have to revist unforgiven and gran turino in the not too distant future.

vvvrulz

Coach
Rogue One. Highly enjoyable, much better than episode 7. Loved the fact Vader was in it. Kylo Ren is a pussy and is no Vader. The cgi used to resurrect Peter Cushing was amazing.

You've missed the point of Kylo Ren, which actually I did too until the second viewing.

He's a young, insecure and misled Vadar wannabe with daddy issues, of course he's a pussy when the mask comes off. After looking at it differently it was actually refreshing to see something different to the usual big bad villain cliche.

vvvrulz

Coach
Doctor Strange - 7/10. One of the better Marvel movies by far, compact and to the point with no stupid winks and cameos. Really enterprising visuals and of course the brilliant Cucumberpatch. I fear he will just get diluted with the rest of the Marvel hokey though, I just cannot fathom how they can meaningfully bring so many players together, Civil War was a disaster.

Hacksaw Ridge - 8/10. Rare to see a war movie coupled tightly with a compelling character arc. Movie of two halves and both are excellent.

Life - 7/10. Good solid entry into the rarely used space/horror genre. It actually should have been better, but the pacing just isn't right. It drags at the wrong times and speeds up when it needs to be patient. Bumping off a major player too early didn't help at all either.

Sunshine - 9/10. Saw it for the 3rd/4th time, Brilliant movie. A lot of people hate the third act but honestly, I had no problem with it and it ties in with the themes presented in the first two-thirds. Not really sure what Boyle was doing with the visuals there though, found that jarring.

Count of Monte Cristo - 8/10. Vastly underrated, a loose adaptation but still, one of the better ones compared to the Time Machine and War of the Worlds. The acting from Cavaziel, in particular, is just outstanding.

LESStar58

Referee
LAst night;

The Replacements- I'm just nuts about sports drama/comedy
Go!- did for rave culture what Swingers did for cool West Hollywood/Los Feliz
The Great White Hype- It hasn't aged well at all