What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NFL Draft

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Smith one was the only one that made me cringe but realistically it's only a 3 tear deal and we're not running out of cap space before then.

Garcon's contract is similar.

Not stellar FA but really not as bad as you're saying.

nick87

Coach
He gave a fullback 5mil a year mate
a fullback, more than most RBs make. Granted he's not a typical fullback but no one will convince me he couldnt have got that guy for literally half that price
the Smith deal is an absolute tyre fire. I mean he can't cover. At all. Straight abuse in pass coverage.

Garcon got as much per year as the best WRs on the market despite being 30, and got 17 gtd. In a depressed WR market he handed out a big time deal to a 30 year old who has nearly 5mil in dead cap space in 3 years.

Look, im trying to give Lynch a wrap here. He hit a f**king home run in the draft and that's what's going to help the Niners more than anything else, but those FA deals are absolutely awful!!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I knew the fullback argument would come up. If you think we paid 5 mil for a guy to be just a FB then you're kidding. Depending on who you believe there were others willing to pay so half price is pushing it.

Like I said on Garcon/Smith. Essentially 3 year deals. With the way they're structured there's no way we're paying the full amount for either of them.

Like I said, not stellar but I've got zero problem with any of the deals bar the Smith one. We were never going to get people for bargains or market value. Lynch got us what we needed, high character guys who will set the culture, alteady know the systems, and will teach those who cone in as we build our team through the draft. Then they'll piss off before there's any chance of them becomming a cap burden.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Browns and niners have been good so far. Broncos have been horrible. Hopefully we can bounce back in rounds two and three.
I'm just glad they didn't move up for Bolles. We have a lot of picks banked, so it wouldn't surprise me if we move up another pick or 2 into the 2nd.

Bolles has an unbelievable amount of red flags, it wouldn't have surprised me if he slipped to mid second round, but... People can change and having a kid can keep one straight. His age is a huge concern though, if it takes him a year or two to get into game shape, he'll be 27 or 28. He better be damn good by that point to justify a 1st rounder on it. Fills a need though and has to be better than the likes of Sambrailo surely.

I hope he pans out like Wolfe did, the same sort of questions were around him when he was drafted.

Browns, 49ers and Seattle (depending on how they pick today) are killing this draft.

Frederick

Staff member
So is it fair to say the Bears "Browned" harder than the Browns have in recent years? Sure the Browns have wasted pick after pick on QB's, but if memory serves me they haven't coughed up picks to move up one space to draft a QB that wasn't even going to be drafted by the team with the original pick.

The Bears finally took a step forward by cutting Cutler, but took a ginormous leap backwards with that move on day 1

shiznit

Coach
100,000 Fans in attendance for day 1.

100,000 fans in attendance for day 2.

I reckon it would be pretty hard to not come back to Philly.

shiznit

Coach
So do we think Sidney Jones goes today?
I'm quietly hoping we take him either in the 2nd or 3rd....

2nd is a bit of a reach... especially considering the risk we took with our first round pick...

But I don't see why someone shouldn't...

Tom155

Coach
Budda Baker to the Cardinals going to have a very nice safety duo in Arizona with Mathieu

Tom155

Coach
There he goes Sidney Jones to Philly in round 2, big pickup for them hope he fully recovers as quickly as possible