What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

Penrose_11

Juniors
Dunno. NZ team named tomorrow and it's not like the judiciary doesn't have a history of suspending Kiwis from test matches

wibble

Bench
Maloney also pulled Wood's leg and gave him a hamstring tear.

I don't think there was much in either incident, and Woods and Tedesco were a bit unlucky to get hurt in preety minor incidents, but the MRC may look at Maloney given the injuries. Tigers fans are probably pretty filthy on Maloney at the moment (though some of them may have wanted to rip Wood's leg off themselves).

AJB1102

First Grade
Is Maloney facing 4-6 for knocking out Teddy?

No way, I've copped bigger clips under the ear from Granny.

Tedesco obviously has a big head and a small brain, allowing for extra room for the brain to bounce around inside the noggin, medically speaking.

In contrast would be Matt Prior who has a more proportionate noggin and suitably size brain to adequately fill that noggin, thus can withstand bigger knocks.

Big Salad

Juniors
Sauaso Sue was charged for his high tackle on Milford which will see him miss the next Tigers game.

How many players have actually been suspended so far this season?

suecharge.PNG

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm assuming Tapine wasn't charged for that ludicrous penalty against him for a shoulder charge?

An apology from Marinara would be nice.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Chambers 1 week for a careless high tackle & Morgan 0 weeks dangerous throw from Origin.

mave

Coach
Chambers cops a $1500 fine, no matches, no carry over points...
Can this be correct ? Have I missed something?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Cameron Smith probably gave him a glowing refernce.

Yet another example of the farce the NRL has become.

mave

Coach
Well I guess it is $1500 more than S Burgess copped.
Well done MRC and the NRL ....getting tough on high shots since 2017.

Nope. The problem was the wording of the NRL Judiciary code. The Storm's lawyers managed to find a loophole as, for Chambers to attract a suspension he needed to be "convicted" three times to attract a suspension instead of a fine. As he had only been convicted twice, they argued that he was eligible to get away with a fine. The NRL had to reluctantly accept it. They are moving to change the wording of their Judiciary code to correct this for all future occasions.

Source: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...-ban-for-brutal-hit-on-mitchell-pearce/#page1

Edited to fix spelling errors.

Last edited:

Latest posts