What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!!!

alien

Referee
Sam... Should be shipped back to England. I guarantee though British Rugby doesn't want the bludger!!!
He isn't a bludger, and his playing stats normally show that. I don't give a damn about how he went in Rugby Union.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Let's see if they put in for the jersey in a fortnight.

Sam doesn't seem to have been charged which is a positive.

Woods got injured tonight and Nofoaluma was struggling on his leg so you never know Callmack. Brooks may go off within the match with a hammy. Even though hope seems lost if we start well you just never know.

If we play like we did against Brisbane we have hope. Gray will be back I hope.

We do need a fair go from the refs though. The last fortnight the Tigers have had about 14 penalties to 5 against. The officials have been giving them the 50/50 calls too so hopefully if we put in that luck will turn in our favour.

I hope Madge puts a rocket up AR!!!!!! I know AR can perform!!!!!!!

My backline would be this mate:

Cody
AJ
Hunt
Gray
Goodwin

Sutto to 5/8 and Rochow to the back row with Cherrington on the bench for Murray.

Sutto can take hit ups too and do his usual ball playing plus he can kick too to take pressure of AR.

I'd like to see AR run at the line just a few times as well.

If Talakai/Jennings play it'll be a tough night.

yes we are fugged but....cody has to stay at no6 no contest......aj has to stay at fullback .....and cook must be on the paddock for at least 60 mins of the game each week FACT, cookey has played no1 before if madge wants to use farah at no9 with more game time then put cook at fullback then if farah plays poorly then put cookey back at no9 then take johnston off the wing and put him at no1 again simple...cook needs more game time id personally give him a full 80mins each week....anyway its a big fug up we have 16 dud shiiiit players that need culling ASAP the recruitment officer at souths needs culling and some of the souths footy management need culling too .!!.....Shadow...

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Heart and Soul?? Serious??? The team is 12-21 in its past 33 Games. Sam has played most of those games. He was also there when the team LOST 9 STRAIGHT last season verdad???That is a winning record of 36.3%!!! Heart and Soul of what??? Garbage??? FORGET THE PAST AND EMOTIONS. It does NOT work in Salary Cap Football!!! Skip Bayliss and Stephen A Smith would tear The Burgess Clan and Inglis to shreds. Rip them to pieces!!! 36.3% WINNING PERCENTAGE in the past TWO seasons and 8-46 v Manly Manly Manly... Heart and Soul??? Elite??? Pathetic more like it.

Sam has no help u cant win a game by yourself as i said u have no idea

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sam has no help u cant win a game by yourself as i said u have no idea
And who's fault is that?
We signed sam so deep into the 2015-2016 off season that not only did we have to get rid of players that could help him out, we actually payed part of their wages to let them go. It was a part of the 'Sam at all costs' mentality we had at the time. We stripped our pack back bare to accommodate Sam. If Sam had made the decision to come back earlier in 2015 so we had time to adjust our 2016 roster accordingly, or said he'd come back in 2017 so we could have planned it out easier there wouldn't be as many problems. But 'we had to have sam' straight away. The other 2 high paid forwards in our pack, who have under performed severely, can't be touched as they are Sams brothers. It's a chicken and egg situation. Sam has no help, but there isn't room for help because of the burgii

greg jay

Juniors
He isn't a bludger, and his playing stats normally show that. I don't give a damn about how he went in Rugby Union.
Good for you keep riding with Burgess and his clan until they drive the team to the cellar. That is where this is going. Face FACTS: Sam Burgess soaks up a huge chunk of The Salary Cap and does nothing to create wins. He has a 36.3% winning record in the past 33 games. That is a large sample size. He is a loser with very little SKILL and quite frankly the Burgess Clan has become IRRELEVANT a NON-FACTOR. The OPPORTUNITY COST of keeping The Clan + Inglis is huge. Their exchange value is probably 4-5 really good players an exchange which could make a significant difference to talent level on the roster.

greg jay

Juniors
talk about troll !! Youve got no idea and it shows with your comments or are u just a no hoper troublmaker? Give it up and POQ
Smart dude.
talk about troll !! Youve got no idea and it shows with your comments or are u just a no hoper troublmaker? Give it up and POQ
Just YOU keep watching this garbage. I repeat what I said: Sam Burgess has very little skill and he is NOT a difference maker in terms of winning football games. Why do you avoid REALITY and allow emotion to rule what you believe??? Burgess is paid probably MORE than Thurston Cam Smith and Cronk. More than Milford too. Yet he does NOT generate wins. The others ALL DO and do it REGULARLY. The OPPORTUNITY COST of keeping a player like this increases exponentially as he ages. The longer this continues the greater the misery. Watch.

alien

Referee
Face FACTS: Sam Burgess soaks up a huge chunk of The Salary Cap and does nothing to create wins. He has a 36.3% winning record in the past 33 games. That is a large sample size.
Well the other players in the team would have a similar winning percentage over that time. Are they all "losers" too??? Silly argument! You can't win games if your middle forwards aren't going well and he usually makes a lot of metres and a lot of tackles, so he usually does his part in the team's victories!

Rsag85

Bench
Can't say anything bad about Sam it seems. Greg Jay does have a point, yes Sam does make the metres but that's all he is doing at the moment hit up after hit up nothing else really special. If he is going to remain that type of player put him at 8 or 10

Latest posts