What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freeing up cap room for season 2018

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Do u understand they had 65 plus possession any tean defending would be exhausted no matter how fit check the run meters and statistics we had no chance and the great AR kicking was garbage we made uate look like a superstar

No the fitness is unacceptable. Not only did they purposely make it hard on themselves but top teams continuously defend their lines for multiple sets and that's what makes them TOP teams. If they are being over trained then it's obviously maguire's fault but Souths defence is straight up disgraceful. They are not up to a first grade standard fitness either. They were gassed after 10 minutes? 10 minutes?!?!?!

CAFPOW

Juniors
Do u understand they had 65 plus possession any tean defending would be exhausted no matter how fit check the run meters and statistics we had no chance and the great AR kicking was garbage we made uate look like a superstar

Yes AR's kicking game was part of the reason we've been loosing, but also I think this current Souths side is the most unfit Souths side in a long long time. The 2013-14 Souths side was so fit, they loved tackling, statistics don't matter.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner is not a 1st gradeer we continue to lose players and buy reserve graders hoping they will step up how many years can a team do this for? Buying has been oldies and no1 in their prime? Sam tries his heart out and he isnt to blame many other teams have high cost players but manage to buy decent players. Our recruitment as every 1 knows has been garbage for many years and its caught up ,we are a team of mostly underperforming reserve graders unfortunately the spoon becons.
We need a clean out tyrell neilsen wont be resigned and another 3 or 4 should follow AJ if he wont accept wing money dont let the door hit u gray off more than on see u around turner should not have been signed clark big heart but too small
Money talks we just keep letting players go.... the no DH policy has cost us big time and benifited other teams
Bravo....

CAFPOW

Juniors
Souths should have cleared the deck after 2015 and we should clear the deck for 2018 now before it's too late. Do not re-sign off contract players like Gosiewski, AJ, Kelly, Nielsen, Rochow, Sutton and Tyrrell and if Clark gets an offer from another club despite his contract with us ends at the end of 2018, Madge and Richo should not get in his way. If we don't, 2018 season is over before it starts. Unless, there is an impending zombie apocalypse or something.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths should have cleared the deck after 2015 and we should clear the deck for 2018 now before it's too late. Do not re-sign off contract players like Gosiewski, AJ, Kelly, Nielsen, Rochow, Sutton and Tyrrell and if Clark gets an offer from another club despite his contract with us ends at the end of 2018, Madge and Richo should not get in his way. If we don't, 2018 season is over before it starts. Unless, there is an impending zombie apocalypse or something.
We have a fellow truth see'r Shadow and alien lol.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
fug me CAFPOW what the fugs going on in here mate am i reading correctly help me out on this one r20 has some one hijacked his account?? oi r20 have you been coaching cafpow behind the scenes?....Shadow...

alien

Referee
2018 Adam to the storm and Cronk to Souths anyone???

Yes please! Also offer Inglis an Assistant Coach position starting from next year (paying him the same as his playing contract, for as long as it goes for), and sign Tedesco.

Souths' 2018 spine:

1. James Tedesco
6. Cody Walker
7. Cooper Cronk
9. Robbie Farah / Damien Cook

alien

Referee
Do not re-sign off contract players like Gosiewski, AJ, Kelly, Nielsen, Rochow, Sutton and Tyrrell and if Clark gets an offer from another club despite his contract with us ends at the end of 2018, Madge and Richo should not get in his way.

I would keep AJ, Rochow, Sutton (for 1 more year), and Clark for the right price. I think we might lose AJ to Wests Tigers because I think they'll offer him fullback money to replace Tedesco.

southsport

First Grade
Yes please! Also offer Inglis an Assistant Coach position starting from next year (paying him the same as his playing contract, for as long as it goes for), and sign Tedesco.

Souths' 2018 spine:

1. James Tedesco
6. Cody Walker
7. Cooper Cronk

We won't need Tedesco hopefully, he's signed with the roosters anyway.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Souths' 2018 spine:

1. James Tedesco
6. Cody Walker
7. Cooper Cronk
Tedesco is going to the Rorters!!!!

While he's not in first grade his price is probably down a bit so pounce on Latrell Mitchell.

Have a look into Fergo, Dylan and Addo Carr as well. I don't give 2 hoots if any of them are contracted. Contracts don't mean much these days.

Also sign up Paterika Vaivai. He has the goods.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would keep AJ, Rochow, Sutton (for 1 more year), and Clark for the right price. I think we might lose AJ to Wests Tigers because I think they'll offer him fullback money to replace Tedesco.
Haven't you heard the news in the paper????

Tigpies want AJ for fullback.

They'd probably offer 500k a season and we won't pay that.

Lol sorry bro I only read the first line of the post.

I think Clark might go.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Tedesco is going to the Rorters!!!!

While he's not in first grade his price is probably down a bit so pounce on Latrell Mitchell.

Have a look into Fergo, Dylan and Addo Carr as well. I don't give 2 hoots if any of them are contracted. Contracts don't mean much these days.

Also sign up Paterika Vaivai. He has the goods.

CORRECTAMUNDO