What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Clifferd

Coach
Didn't think of that

That's some serious baggage to take into next season

Maybe we could sign him on a cheap contract this year so he can finish his suspension & upgrade him next season. Would have to shed someone from the top 25 though I'm sure of it?

glockers

Juniors
We have signed a Redcliffe half named Gamble...

Also a hot rumour we are looking likely to sign a Northern Pride prop Will Bugden.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I hear that the Tigers are pretty close to signing a City Origin rep forward..

Is Marketo playing

Yes he is, maybe Gower want to be a TIGER again.

8. James Tamou 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Gallen 11. Curtis Sironen 12. David Gower 13. Hame Sele 14. Joseph Paulo

16. Pauli Pauli 17. Jake Marketo.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We have signed a Redcliffe half named Gamble...

Also a hot rumour we are looking likely to sign a Northern Pride prop Will Bugden.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/...h/news-story/1e179685057dc56355e7454276262611

If this is true you'd have to assume the likes of Kyle Lovett would be moved on before June 30. We moved Drinkwater and Buchanan on in similar circumstances last year.

Club is under cap pressure so signing players on full time contracts would have to be conditional on someone being moved on?

BrotherJim05

Bench
We are being linked to a lot of players. Here is the run down so far (by potential positions):
Wingers/Fullbacks - Lolohea, Johnston, Hopoate, Connor Watson
Back Row - Guerra
Front Row - Packer

The funny thing is, Woods and Tedesco's salary could just about cover all those players

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon we could have a better team on paper next year as well as rid the club of toxic players. I'll wait and see who we sign but it is looking positive.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Guys,just went onto the Roosters forum..
Someone posted the following:
Chatter that Tedesco hasn't signed yet and Parramatta have put forward a really lucrative deal. He wants to stick with Moses who he recently moved into an apartment with and Parra are willing to give the Tigers Beau Scott and Clint Gutherson to sweeten the deal. Cleary has stated you're either on the bus or off it so, with Tedesco not on the bus he is all for this deal.

Wouldn't mind this at all.....

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Guys,just went onto the Roosters forum..
Someone posted the following:
Chatter that Tedesco hasn't signed yet and Parramatta have put forward a really lucrative deal. He wants to stick with Moses who he recently moved into an apartment with and Parra are willing to give the Tigers Beau Scott and Clint Gutherson to sweeten the deal. Cleary has stated you're either on the bus or off it so, with Tedesco not on the bus he is all for this deal.

Wouldn't mind this at all.....

That'd be really good for us!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd want more than Scott and Gutherson for Tedesco and Moses. Given what Parra will pay for those two, they'll need to shed a few more.

Throw in say Terepo, and Bevan French

Incorrect

Coach
I'd want more than Scott and Gutherson for Tedesco and Moses. Given what Parra will pay for those two, they'll need to shed a few more.

Throw in say Terepo, and Bevan French
If Parra were signing Tedesco and Moses for 2018, why would they give you any players as compensation or a trade? Tedesco and Moses are off contract, if Parra sign them they don't need to sweeten any deal for anyone.... From all reports Parra have plenty of room to move in the cap for 2018 even after signing Moses. I could see Beau Scott either retiring or moving on for a swansong year elsewhere at the end of 2017. He'd be good for the Tigers. Ain't going to happen anyway, but if Tedesco did end up at Parra, then there ain't room for Gutherson, French, Tedesco, Takarangi, Auva'a, Jennings, Hoffman all in the one backline - Auva'a is the only one of those off contarct at the end of this year I believe...