What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook vs Farah

What Should Our Hooking Situation Be?

• Damien Cook (80 mins)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Robbie Farah (80 mins)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Damien Cook starts, Robbie Farah benched

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Robbie Farah starts, Damien Cook benched

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Drastic times call for drastic measures. Cook to be dropped next week and have Farah play the full 80. Reynolds has forgotten how to kick at least Farah can help with that.

Smirrors

Juniors
Farah should be 80 minutes or nothing. Hes not an impact player at this stage in his career. Cook can still work off the bench, maybe coming in at the 30th and 60th minute marks for impact but that's a few interchanges wasted if it doesn't pan out.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Farah should be 80 minutes or nothing. Hes not an impact player at this stage in his career. Cook can still work off the bench, maybe coming in at the 30th and 60th minute marks for impact but that's a few interchanges wasted if it doesn't pan out.
You're right cook should come on for impact, but it's rarely happens so why have him on the bench at all?

Travitoh

First Grade
Cook's strength is his pace out of dummy half, his weakness is his unwillingness to take a tackle.
Farah may not have the pace but at least he won't throw the footy away in a panic

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cook's strength is his pace out of dummy half, his weakness is his unwillingness to take a tackle.
Farah may not have the pace but at least he won't throw the footy away in a panic
Saying cook should be picked over other hookers because he is faster is like saying AJshould be picked over a fit inglis for fullback because he is faster. In both cases that speed counts for nothing if they aren't willing to put their body on the line and take a hit

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Saying cook should be picked over other hookers because he is faster is like saying AJshould be picked over a fit inglis for fullback because he is faster. In both cases that speed counts for nothing if they aren't willing to put their body on the line and take a hit

There's no problems with keeping the ball alive though. That's part of the reason he went so well at the Bulldogs because say what you want about their attacking structure they can create tries out of nothing. I understand every now and then he should take the tackle especially if he's running backwards but keeping the ball alive opens up gaps in the defensive line. The only problem is our playing structure is brought down to bash and barge so Cook and Cody are never used to their full potential. Cook is a gun hooker and I'm pretty sure he's gonna kill it in city vs country.

Latest posts