What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the theatrics?

macnaz

Staff member
This was from a guy on the Official Wests Tigers forum.
Woods with chairwoman Marina Go

1492945529723.jpg

Sure beats a txt message reading are you ok !

This was Saturday, 8 April 2017.
Within 3 weeks of making the contract decision and seems pretty supporting to me....

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench

View attachment 12916

Within 3 weeks of making the contract decision and seems pretty supporting to me....
This hollow softcock ingrate has zero credibility & what the f**k is the amateur Marina Go doing ingratiating herself to the selfish dumb prick.There has to b an arms length business relationship between admin & the players.

This bloody mollycoddling of the players which is a hangover from the Sheens era has got to stop.Thank f**king goodness for Ivan coz this indulgent & ignorant admin have now got someone in an authoritative position who has the footy smarts & street smarts to know how to liaise & deal with everyone from the media to the player managers to the players.IC has finally restored my faith that the club I luv will no longer b run by egotistical self serving players.

As is evident by the commendable team efforts over the month that IC has been in charge we r back !!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

View attachment 12916

That wasn't support.

It was a contrived piece of PR bullshit by Go who was being roundly criticused in the media.

Its the most explicit public wank ever seen.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Surely all this media stunt has done is turn close to 100% of Tigers fans offside with the bastard?

His position is untenable. He deserves every boo or jeer he receives, and I never want to see him represent the club again.

Tiger05

First Grade

View attachment 12916

This is tops. How funny is this.

Tiger05

First Grade
This hollow softcock ingrate has zero credibility & what the f**k is the amateur Marina Go doing ingratiating herself to the selfish dumb prick.There has to b an arms length business relationship between admin & the players.

This bloody mollycoddling of the players which is a hangover from the Sheens era has got to stop.Thank f**king goodness for Ivan coz this indulgent & ignorant admin have now got someone in an authoritative position who has the footy smarts & street smarts to know how to liaise & deal with everyone from the media to the player managers to the players.IC has finally restored my faith that the club I luv will no longer b run by egotistical self serving players.

As is evident by the commendable team efforts over the month that IC has been in charge we r back !!

I had no issues with Go up until recently. She is getting involved in things that she shouldn't be. Hugging the players especially a merkin like Woods is just wrong.

Ivan has had the best start as a coach for the Tigers ever. I've never seen someone come in and turn a bad situation around so quickly.

Tiger05

First Grade
Surely all this media stunt has done is turn close to 100% of Tigers fans offside with the bastard?

His position is untenable. He deserves every boo or jeer he receives, and I never want to see him represent the club again.

I haven't heard one Tigers supporter sticking up for the merkin.

macnaz

Staff member
That wasn't support.

It was a contrived piece of PR bullshit by Go who was being roundly criticused in the media.

Its the most explicit public wank ever seen.
Regardless of her motives , even though on that occasion it was more likely done outside the changeroom door in veiw of the media , it can still be seen as showing contact with the players ..particularly when this wasnt a first time if you include behind closed doors.

Tiger05

First Grade
Regardless of her motives , even though on that occasion it was more likely done outside the changeroom door in veiw of the media , it can still be seen as showing contact with the players ..particularly when this wasnt a first time if you include behind closed doors.

My opinion has been that Go is doing fine and the people hacking her are just morons. Now I think the board is doing fine and the club but Go is a really poor figurehead.

This is unprofessional behaviour. I could accept it when we are winning the comp or something but even then it's off-putting. To add to that her comments that fans shouldn't boo to me shows that she is completely out of touch.

As she is just the chairwoman and the role is pretty close to meaningless I don't think she is a huge problem but they do need to get rid of her.

I didn't bother watching the Woods interview,firstly anything do to with Hooper is just tripe and not worthy of any ones attention,secondly, ffs how do you take a grown man seriously when his vocabulary doesn't extend beyond 'umms and y'know while wearing his wifes hair clip.Finally,Woodsey if you wanted to leave so be it but don't sulk and give BS excuses for the reason why as the fans don't buy it.

macnaz

Staff member
She isnt really there for her footballing knowledge , i guess she is doing plenty behind the scenes in creating business and sponsorship particularly from female type businesses. Good on her really ... we had a welsh f**ken banker running the whole NRL who didnt know shit about the game and the players but he didnt get the same criticism we seem to throw on GO ..
Chase the geniused weatherman if you are looking for a weak link.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I have no problem with Marina Go. As long as she is fully qualified for her job and acts in the best interests of the club in a commercial sense then that is all I can ask of her.

Latest posts