What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly Paul Carige award

kdalymc

Bench
I bagged Kahu in the match thread last night, and rightfully so as I can't believe a first grade footballer can make it to that level and not know the rule...

However - it has always struck me as a weird rule, even back to my junior days... I know it's nowhere near the top of any list of priorities but perhaps the rule should be looked at - Maybe they should change it so that the receiving team can pick it up and play on if they wish to... Not many would, most times teams will take the kick for touch from halfway (on a failed kick-off) or the 2 points directly in front if a drop-out doesn't go the 10.... but yeah, let the receiving team pick up and play on if they want, kinda like taking a quick tap from a penalty... maybe there's a drawback I'm not factoring in....

Like someone said, if you drop kick it 1m and you can't pick it up, the other team can and then bang they score instantly

no name

Coach
This week's Carige has to go to the blind merkins in yellow and their boss.
However, I think Sargison may have snatched it off Mead as far as players go.
Both were horrible.

user_nat

Coach
The usual nominations for this "award" simply fail at doing something that is part of the job description for their position (for example Mead's fear of catching kicks).
Which makes Eastwood's effort a bit special. Since he took it upon himself to do someone else's job, at the worst time, and then fail at it.

Latest posts