What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook vs Farah

What Should Our Hooking Situation Be?

• Damien Cook (80 mins)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Robbie Farah (80 mins)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Damien Cook starts, Robbie Farah benched

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Robbie Farah starts, Damien Cook benched

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

doyen

Bench
There's no problems with keeping the ball alive though. That's part of the reason he went so well at the Bulldogs because say what you want about their attacking structure they can create tries out of nothing. I understand every now and then he should take the tackle especially if he's running backwards but keeping the ball alive opens up gaps in the defensive line. The only problem is our playing structure is brought down to bash and barge so Cook and Cody are never used to their full potential. Cook is a gun hooker and I'm pretty sure he's gonna kill it in city vs country.

Both COOK & Cody have been rewarded for being part of the scintillating spine that has STHS "soaring" so well in this NRL comp!!

Cook makes this Country rep side as he is basically the only No. 9 left standing!! Although, Koroisau should have been picked before him as he was still standing;I think!?

Cook was the best hooker in the WORLD pre-season when he made the ALLSTARS!!

Some Rep footy has become a farce so,hence,City/Country & Allstars are either being axed or considered for the chop!!

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Both COOK & Cody have been rewarded for being part of the scintillating spine that has STHS "soaring" so well in this NRL comp!!

Cook makes this Country rep side as he is basically the only No. 9 left standing!! Although, Koroisau should have been picked before him as he was still standing;I think!?

Cook was the best hooker in the WORLD pre-season when he made the ALLSTARS!!

Some Rep footy has become a farce so,hence,City/Country & Allstars are either being axed or considered for the chop!!

Can't really expect your spine to carry your outside backs who easily leak 20-30 points a game and that's on a good day.

McInnes made the city side as the only man left standing? What's your point here?

Country vs city isn't a NSW trial match anymore I thought that was apparent? Peats and koroisau would already be front runners for the NSW jersey. Peats has come back to the Titans and instantly proved he deserves the 9.

CAFPOW

Juniors
I re-read the Telecrap news about the Coffs Harbour incident. I do not think there is not much issue between Rusty and McInnes, It's just that the media and fans made a small problem bigger and McInnes just found a reason to get out of Souths which he had been trying to do at the end of 2015.

Let's say, Cook and Farah are NOT the #9's that will take Souths forward. There are 2 things Souths can do, Either Souths will find another #9 or re-sign them both long term which I believe it is stupid and something that Souths will most likely do .

CAFPOW

Juniors
We are not losing games because Robbie is Hooker or Cook is Hooker. There's a lot more factors involved that than.

If all of a sudden we had Cameron Smith as Hooker would this solve all our other issues? Probably not.

Almost everyone is arguing who is a better Hooker. Farah, McInnes or Cook. So, to be fair to all, they're all crap players.

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
We are not losing games because Robbie is Hooker or Cook is Hooker. There's a lot more factors involved that than.

If all of a sudden we had Cameron Smith as Hooker would this solve all our other issues? Probably not.

we are losing becoz we have a shiiit back line no contest...add on gburg the fool with having clark and turner in the 17 fug me.....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
if anyone thinks we can make the 8 with our current back line minus inglis,with clark and turner in the top 17 you need your head examined ASAP our souths team is shiiit since after the 2014 grand final FACT.......Shadow...

Rsag85

Bench
I think this game on the weekend should be a make or break game for Robbie has to perform better then what he has and needs to lift against his former club

DiegoNT

First Grade

Yet when we had the same problems last year it was all Mcinnes fault. When inglis came back late last year, and all 3 burgii decided they'd all have a go every week, we won some games. This coincided with cook starting and people wrongly thought it was all down to him. Now that we have inglis gone again and the burgii being incostitent, why isnt cook putting in these super performances and making the supposed difference he had last year?

southsport

First Grade
Yet when we had the same problems last year it was all Mcinnes fault. When inglis came back late last year, and all 3 burgii decided they'd all have a go every week, we won some games. This coincided with cook starting and people wrongly thought it was all down to him. Now that we have inglis gone again and the burgii being incostitent, why isnt cook putting in these super performances and making the supposed difference he had last year?

Yes, but doesn't that also mean that Cook isn't the problem?

alien

Referee
McInnes wasn't the answer. He was a part of the problem, and I didn't say the improvement was all because of Cook, but he definitely helped make the team better. Cook and Farah are not close to being the biggest problems in the team. Our biggest problems are some our outside backs who have been poor in attack and defense, and a big part of that problem is because of injuries to some backs, plus Reynolds has been inconsistent too. We also need 2 second rowers who can make line breaks and score when attacking the try line - Sutton and Crichton can do it. Turner barely ever does it, which is why I prefer him in the middle third (where he actually makes decent metres). George getting suspended all the time hasn't helped either - He never learns! It's a shame because he was making good metres with his hit ups in most of the games he has played this season.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
McInnes wasn't the answer. He was a part of the problem, and I didn't say the improvement was all because of Cook, but he definitely helped make the team better. Cook and Farah are not close to being the biggest problems in the team. Our biggest problems are some our outside backs who have been poor in attack and defense, and a big part of that problem is because of injuries to some backs, plus Reynolds has been inconsistent too. We also need 2 second rowers who can make line breaks and score when attacking the try line - Sutton and Crichton can do it. Turner barely ever does it, which is why I prefer him in the middle third (where he actually makes decent metres). George getting suspended all the time hasn't helped either - He never learns! It's a shame because he was making good metres with his hit ups in most of the games he has played this season.
That sense does not belong in here.

You're wasting your breath.

Latest posts