What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mansour update

Just a update on Mansour

RUNNING TO PLAN
PENRITH’S Josh Mansour is on track for a return from a knee reconstruction in round 11 against Newcastle, or a fortnight later after the bye against Canterbury.

The bearded winger, who broke down during the Four Nations tour, is now completing 200m sprints, and plans to stretch it out to 400m for the first time.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/65da8cdc4fcf2eeca5d2cdaf9e30d2f4

Hopefully its all going to plan he seems to pushing through his recovery.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I saw him at High St Depot this morning with Waqa and RCG and he certainly looked very fit. I was surprised how lean RCG looked, looked more like a winger than a forward.

Blues Riff

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if Josh came back better than ever. He really looks after himself and has virtually lived in the gym since the operation. I'm expecting increased upper body strength.
Please, just don't rush him back if that knee's not 100%.

roofromoz

First Grade
It's up to Hook, but I hope he has at least one match in the NSW Cup just to get back in the swing of things.

Blade23

Juniors
Mansour on one leg would have offered more yesterday that some of his pea hearted team-mates.

Munted

Bench
f**k my wife loves the sauce.
Not a bad looking bloke, solid rig. Fit as f**k.
No doubt will come back strong, looks after himself.

Josh Mansour Penrith Panthers NRL winger ramps up comeback from injury
May 10, 2017 6:41amby Matt EncarnacionSource: AAP
Six months after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament on Kangaroos duty during the Four Nations, Mansour also recently rejoined his teammates for field sessions last week.

In good news for suffering Panthers fans, the incumbent NSW State of Origin winger is now understood to be two weeks away from being cleared to return to action.

“He’s been with us for a couple of weeks now and just trying to build his confidence up around the team. He’s been itching to get on the field lately,” prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard said.

“It’s been tough for him, staying in doors not around our teammates. He’s looking really good at the moment. He’s still got a couple more weeks away from training but he’s flying"
Mansour, who has shared some of his rehabilitation journey on social media, had previously pencilled in a return for round 12 but could be pushed back another week or two.

Teammate Leilani Latu said Mansour’s mere presence on the training paddock has already given the playing roster a lift following a disappointing start to the season.

“He’s a good character and is a massive team morale boost. Everywhere he comes with us, whether on a trip, in the gym or out on the field, he’s an awesome bloke to have,” Latu said.

“He loves putting up video of himself on social media, but it’s a credit to himself, he’s the ultimate professional, ultimate individual when it comes to performance.

“He hasn’t skipped anything, hasn’t taken any shortcuts with anything. He’s taken everything the physios have given him, and we’re just seeing the full benefits now of him coming back.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k/news-story/ab94f6b05db52b484ec87e76c0818b5e

mxlegend99

Referee
I think his hands will be the only issue for a while. Its the only area of his game he's not naturally gifted in.

I think he will still be doing 20 hitups a game for 150+ metres gained with a shitload of offloads and tackle busts.

But come time to contest kicks. I expect his timing to be off and for him to make a few errors.

Oh and he will probably miss a few tackles through poor decisions early on too. His timing at rushing out to shut down a play will probably be a bit off. But that wont really stand out in a team full of guys missing tackles.

I think his hands will be the only issue for a while. Its the only area of his game he's not naturally gifted in.

I think he will still be doing 20 hitups a game for 150+ metres gained with a shitload of offloads and tackle busts.

But come time to contest kicks. I expect his timing to be off and for him to make a few errors.

Oh and he will probably miss a few tackles through poor decisions early on too. His timing at rushing out to shut down a play will probably be a bit off. But that wont really stand out in a team full of guys missing tackles.
Well he wont have any attacking kicks to contest haha onya coach

betcats

Referee
I can tell you from his instagram Mansour still looks like the fittest bloke in our team by a long way. Agree with mx, he may be a little rusty but he will be the beast he was last season sooner rather than later.

maple_69

Bench
If pique forwards can use the Newcastle game to build on our last half and get into a rhythm a bit, we could be just 2 points out of the 8 for Mansours return and I think he could be a huge season turner. When we have a roll on we are almost impossible to stop.

Latest posts