What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis/Latrell Mitchell

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Watching "all the tries" on fox and this Ep is on Inglis. During his time with the Storm he was phenomenal! ( lets forget for a minute it was a stacked team over the cap)
Didn't matter where he played, fullback 5/8 or centre we was regularly scoring tries many hat tricks and constantly grabbing intercepts (especially from centre). He had so much speed, light on his toes and support play was A+

What I've seen of Mitchell there's a lot of similarities between the two even early in latrells career. There's the speed, his step and a great fend and a similar build. With a close indigenous connection it would be a massive shame and lost opportunity to not get him to Souths. But if it was to happen, I'd like to see Mitchell at fullback and Inglis in the centres. Coming back after his bung knee this could help prolong his career. Akin the the RTS/mini situation a few years back. (It worked a treat for RTS) it would strengthen the backline with Inglis back at centre, potentially deals with the problem Souths have had with centres of late and could free up cap space by allowing other players to leave.

Thoughts?

callmack1

Staff member
Watching "all the tries" on fox and this Ep is on Inglis. During his time with the Storm he was phenomenal! ( lets forget for a minute it was a stacked team over the cap)
Didn't matter where he played, fullback 5/8 or centre we was regularly scoring tries many hat tricks and constantly grabbing intercepts (especially from centre). He had so much speed, light on his toes and support play was A+

What I've seen of Mitchell there's a lot of similarities between the two even early in latrells career. There's the speed, his step and a great fend and a similar build. With a close indigenous connection it would be a massive shame and lost opportunity to not get him to Souths. But if it was to happen, I'd like to see Mitchell at fullback and Inglis in the centres. Coming back after his bung knee this could help prolong his career. Akin the the RTS/mini situation a few years back. (It worked a treat for RTS) it would strengthen the backline with Inglis back at centre, potentially deals with the problem Souths have had with centres of late and could free up cap space by allowing other players to leave.

Thoughts?
Yea I'm with ya mate. It's scary how similar they are. They even have the same strapping!! lol. I would love Mitchell at Souths, it would be so awesome. I could see GI taking him under his wing and they would form a great combination.

Then again, Gagai would also be pretty sick.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think if it's latrell, or Gagai they'll probably end up claiming the fullback spot. I think it would be a shame to miss out as well!

OVP

Coach
Do you guys really believe we would release him to play with you lot, especially after kicking our juniors out ?

I'll give you 9999999999999999999999/1

Curns13

Juniors
I'd give Latrell 600k to be our fullback. I don't like paying GI $1M to play in the centres but if Mitchell can be as good as I think he can be, $1.6M our fullback and the games best centre is ok. 3 years, 600k and then up his salary when GI is ready to retire. If our backline was:

1. Mitchell
2. Johnson
3. Inglis
4. Gray
5. Hunt/Burns
6. Walker
7. Reyno

SWEET!

ThingFish

Juniors
Do you guys really believe we would release him to play with you lot, especially after kicking our juniors out ?

I'll give you 9999999999999999999999/1
Sorry dude. It's a game of $$$$ now. You paper baggers would pimp out your grandmothers to get Tedesco etc.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Inglis, best player I have seen. And I am old.

Check his record, way above the rest.

I saw him play @ 17, scored 30 odd tries in 17 games for Brisbane Norths, then mastered any position as a back.

I fail too see why he is not the best you have seen.

People say freak, not that, just the best.

Only Arthur holds a candle.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Prick played for QLD.....still the best, no wonder they won......CCCCCAAARRRNNNTTTTS

Tommy Smith

Referee
Inglis, best player I have seen. And I am old.

Check his record, way above the rest.

I saw him play @ 17, scored 30 odd tries in 17 games for Brisbane Norths, then mastered any position as a back.

I fail too see why he is not the best you have seen.

People say freak, not that, just the best.

Only Arthur holds a candle.
Inglis mastered half and 5/8?

GI has taken too many months off footy; seemingly saving himself for Origin to be considered the greatest.

In terms of week in, week out production over 12 years he can't hold a candle to his contemporaries Smith, Thurston and Slater.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Smith, very good, but does not change a game. Thurston, hard to argue, but he loves Greg outside him, Slater, small mans Greg, injured just as much.

First man I would sign is Greg from Kempsey.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just on the GI/ Latrell comparisons. Latrell is just a month shy of his 20th birthday. At the same age GI had been the top try scorer in a winning tri nation team, had won 2 origin series with 5 tries already to his name, and had played in 2 grand finals winning the clive Churchill medal in one

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Slater was the fullback(cause he is shyte winger and centre), so Greg went to 6, was MoM, then played centre for QLD and AUS, as it was best for team, fullback for the bunnies...won a GF.he is just that good....

Never played for my team, but still the best I have seen.

Except maybe Arthur.