What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

mickeylane

Bench
It's that class we need along side Widdop, behind our forward pack which is going great. If we had Hunt tonight we win. That simple.
Mate if we make the 8 this year which im sure we will because next year w Hunt and Widdop and forward pack led by Vaughan, JDB, Thompson, Frizzell we will be top 4 certainties...

rasaint

Juniors
My only concern is when the hamstring problems start ( I was plagued with them in my playing days despite top treatment stretching, warm ups etc) they never really come good.

Look at Aiken. Hamstring tears started last year and this is 3rd one this year. Poor ol Gymin that 2nd grade winger has never really recovered. Benji was stuffed with hammy problems last year.

Now the elephant in the room is Ben Hunt has ripped a nasty hamstring. A very bad one by all accounts. We have him signed up for a $1million plus for the next 6 years. This is a real concern fellow dragon tragics.

This Year?

Immortal
I can imagine it now....

Grand final 2018...the game goes into golden point after Vaughan has ran over the top of Cameron Smith and Jesse "powder" Bromwich and Widdop has missed the conversion which could have won us the game from in front of the uprights.

Storm win the toss and decide to kick off....on the kick off the ball goes sailing through the air..high and heading straight towards Ben Hunt....

Dragons 09

Juniors
I can imagine it now....

Grand final 2018...the game goes into golden point after Vaughan has ran over the top of Cameron Smith and Jesse "powder" Bromwich and Widdop has missed the conversion which could have won us the game from in front of the uprights.

Storm win the toss and decide to kick off....on the kick off the ball goes sailing through the air..high and heading straight towards Ben Hunt....

And he calls....Yoooouur's!

My only concern is when the hamstring problems start ( I was plagued with them in my playing days despite top treatment stretching, warm ups etc) they never really come good.

Look at Aiken. Hamstring tears started last year and this is 3rd one this year. Poor ol Gymin that 2nd grade winger has never really recovered. Benji was stuffed with hammy problems last year.

Now the elephant in the room is Ben Hunt has ripped a nasty hamstring. A very bad one by all accounts. We have him signed up for a $1million plus for the next 6 years. This is a real concern fellow dragon tragics.

Very high risk. That's for sure.
When he hurt himself, I read some concerns on here about hammy recovery and decided to do some research. Now, I don't have any background in medicine or physio but based an average of the stats from 4-5 academic articles:

64% of athletes that suffer a hamstring tear, will tear or otherwise strain their hamstring in a way that keeps them out of competition for atleast a second time.
34% will have recurrent issues or injuries associated with the original injury that keep them from competition.

Sorry. I don't remember my sources.

This article tends to suggest that there is no firm evidence affirming the effectivness of many treatments so just go with all of em.
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2013/02/14/bjsports-2012-091400.full

Fingers crossed he's not in that 34%. If he stays fit, he will be a very, very good signing.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
People on here attack Dugan. People on here attack Widdop.

Our team need genuine stars and these are two of them.

Wake up you need some leaders to win the big games. They need to sign Dugan and packer - for overs through TP's like all the other clubs. Our management are useless.

Even with Baths Babes we had a fella called Steve Edge who while still young was one of those natural leaders along with Craig Young.

Latest posts