What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Warrior's

Mark D

Juniors
With Aitken now out and Field going fairly well against the tossers from Cronulla I feel we should start Field with Mann shifting to the centres... I doubt Mary will drop McRone

Gypsy
Nene
Mann
Lafai
Milne
Field
McRone

Forwards no changes (going very well)

Bench all the same however I'm not sure what Leilua's form is like but would like to see him get a run before we loose a few forwards to Origin.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
We all know that mccrone loses us games with his kicking. I'd put Nona and Mann in the halves and carry mccrone on the bench. Give field or a dufty a run on the wing. Nona would not go worse than old josh, no doubt. Mccrone should be cutters hooker.

We all know that mccrone loses us games with his kicking. I'd put Nona and Mann in the halves and carry mccrone on the bench. Give field or a dufty a run on the wing. Nona would not go worse than old josh, no doubt. Mccrone should be cutters hooker.
Nona isn't as strong a defender but he has alot more to offer in terms of attacking play.

His short kicking game he gets it right alot more times then he gets it wrong.

He does mind being a running 7 or an out and out ball playing 7.

I don't see why they just don't bite the bullet and give him a go just look at Cody Walker as an example.

ALSGI

Bench
Dufty
Nightingale
Mann
Lafai
Field
Nona
Let's take some risks and we might reep some rewards
Agree.
Dufty, nows the time, but it won't hapen mate. He's a junior that might have the goods to be something special. Nona is not a junior, and was a whisker away from playing Qld cup this year so not someone I'd deem a good risk in FG.
I cringe every time Nighty gets driven backwards or over the sideline, too small and no longer has speed to counter his size. He ducks, weaves, niggles out a penalty sometimes but I'd prefer a threat of a line break, actual line break, beat his opposite with speed, sprint away for a try or something naughty and dangerous like that. Nighty wouldn't be in my team even on the wing, and I'll get howled down for saying it with perectly sound arguments, stats, emotion, etc.

Risk v Reward?

Dufty's a FB. Average performances in reggies so far, but I'd risk it and maybe give Duges and his lobster eating Manager something to think about, with Field at 6, Mann on the Wing, Milne at 3. Try time.
Try it.
Try giving the opposition something to guess about, not plan for like they do with Nighty be it at FB or the wing.

hazzbeen

Bench
The Warriors game might be a good time to look at Dufty and Field a run off the bench
I dont know why we are so scared to give the young blokes a go ..... Mann is another that has been screwed around give these guys a chance to settle into a position . Lets face it we are not going to win a premiership this year , so start blooding players so we have options in positions . If we dont start using these guys we will loose them .....

Dragons 09

Juniors
I agree with those above that are suggesting giving Nona a run......nothing to lose.

However I suspect Mary will choose a team that can't harm his future contract aspirations. He'll keep it conservative. Probably KFFL to the wing, Milne goes to centre, the rest are as per the starting side against the scum.

Crush

Coach
Mate to be honest I am kinda with the conservative approach here. I saw your post calling for dufty but I think we are not far away from winning and it would be an unnecessary risk to make significant changes.
Lets face it we are just missing Widdop. And Dugan. Once those boys are back we will be winning most games.
I just had a look at our run from here. Its very good. If we can jag a win next week against warriors away we will be in a great spot with the bye then some weaker teams. We play the knights twice from here too so there is 4 points.
I think we will finish close to top 4, maybe just outside.
I wouldn't be bringing dufty in. Steady approach for me.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
crucial game this is, 2 points here will set up our season with a bye next week the boys should be fired up for this game. widdop and dugan will be back round 13 and hopefully we go on a massive run towards September. we should easily bash warriors fowards.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Sorry boys but Marys not likely to do anything smart steddy as she goes.hate to say it but this team could take us far if only we had a Bellamy or Bennett or anybody with abit of smarts.pity really they could make a real noise.if such a big word

ALSGI

Bench
Mate to be honest I am kinda with the conservative approach here. I saw your post calling for dufty but I think we are not far away from winning and it would be an unnecessary risk to make significant changes.
Lets face it we are just missing Widdop. And Dugan. Once those boys are back we will be winning most games.
I just had a look at our run from here. Its very good. If we can jag a win next week against warriors away we will be in a great spot with the bye then some weaker teams. We play the knights twice from here too so there is 4 points.
Crush, can't argue with your thoughts mate.You make more sense than me.
Widdop, Dugan, Aitken all out. I'd be taking a risk and blooding Dufty at FB in FG not so much for a win as much as taking an opportunity, rolling the dice toward 2018, who knows might work but we do know Nighty will be reliable, solid, predictable, slow and he won't show us or the opposition anything we haven't seen.
Dragons did us proud last Friday, but with such an awesome forward pack our backs are letting us down and I think there's potential wasted in reggies.

Dragons22

Juniors
I'd Say
1. Nightingale
2. MacDonald
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Mann
6. Field
7. McCrone
17. (BENCH) Possibly Fai-Fai Loa or somone

Old Timer

Coach
Your optimisation borders on insanity.
There are no guaranteed 4 points anywhere for our team.
The Knights have just pumped Raiders and we are on a losing streak with top players missing and a clueless coach.
You say "if we can jag a win" hardly inspiring nor the words to be associated with a team that was leading the comp 3 weeks ago.
We should blast the Warriors off the park but old clueless will try and eke out a win or suffer a narrow loss.
Time to get rid of the shitter's and pick the people that can win us a game.
Nighty at FB for FFS what retro grade football that is, it's just ridiculous.
Mc Crone minus Widdop useless as he takes on the senior roll and can't handle it.
RHS is playing shit and leaking live a sieve and Nene is proving to be a dud.
It just shows how impressive Dugan and Widdop really are as it apparent that they can carry these blokes and get us across the line despite the coach who has all his eggs in 1 basket.
With 2 players missing we are being show up yet again as a mindless rabble and you and the like want to remain conservative in the hope that when Widdop and Duges get back all of a sudden we will be a good side again.
Good sides that are well coached can win in adversity and we just don't do that because we don't know how to blood young players and get the best out of them from an early age but it is apparent other clubs can and do.

Crush

Coach
Your optimisation borders on insanity.
There are no guaranteed 4 points anywhere for our team.
The Knights have just pumped Raiders and we are on a losing streak with top players missing and a clueless coach.
You say "if we can jag a win" hardly inspiring nor the words to be associated with a team that was leading the comp 3 weeks ago.
We should blast the Warriors off the park but old clueless will try and eke out a win or suffer a narrow loss.
Time to get rid of the shitter's and pick the people that can win us a game.
Nighty at FB for FFS what retro grade football that is, it's just ridiculous.
Mc Crone minus Widdop useless as he takes on the senior roll and can't handle it.
RHS is playing shit and leaking live a sieve and Nene is proving to be a dud.
It just shows how impressive Dugan and Widdop really are as it apparent that they can carry these blokes and get us across the line despite the coach who has all his eggs in 1 basket.
With 2 players missing we are being show up yet again as a mindless rabble and you and the like want to remain conservative in the hope that when Widdop and Duges get back all of a sudden we will be a good side again.
Good sides that are well coached can win in adversity and we just don't do that because we don't know how to blood young players and get the best out of them from an early age but it is apparent other clubs can and do.
I may be an optimist but you are very pessimistic in my opinion.
"We are being shown up as mindless rabble"? They are strong words.
I think that they are competing well. They have had some tough losses that could have gone the other way.
I am very positive about the future.
I think we will finish either in the top 4 or just outside this year if we can keep our players fit.
Time will tell.

Latest posts