What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Final Table End Round 26

Yeah sure... enough to miss the 8? I don't think so.

Besides segyaro will look good when he gets in the 9 in feb.
Depends where his head is at. Was amazing in 2014 by 2016 he was shit and old man Pete Wallace was playing better.

Sharkies will still make the 8 imo

Arnold

Juniors
Depends where his head is at. Was amazing in 2014 by 2016 he was shit and old man Pete Wallace was playing better.

Sharkies will still make the 8 imo

I thought he was still very dangerous when Wallace replaced him. I also thought hook didn't like him. Makes it hard to be bothered.

MF88

Juniors
Don't know why people are questioning those picking the raiders to win the comp, they were one first grade standard winger from making the grand final last year.
As others have said, their draw is much tougher than in 2016, which was comparatively very, very easy. $9 to win the comp is extremely short imo.

Raiderdave

First Grade
As others have said, their draw is much tougher than in 2016, which was comparatively very, very easy. $9 to win the comp is extremely short imo.

the draw is only one aspect for predicting how teams will perform
albeit a big one
other factors such as the roster a side has to use are as important & the Raiders will have essentially the same squad as 2016 & wether they have the depth & versatility in their roster to cover any serious injuries . These are the knowns & based on these the raiders are more then capable of winning the 2017 comp.

MF88

Juniors
the draw is only one aspect for predicting how teams will perform
albeit a big one
other factors such as the roster a side has to use are as important & the Raiders will have essentially the same squad as 2016 & wether they have the depth & versatility in their roster to cover any serious injuries . These are the knowns & based on these the raiders are more then capable of winning the 2017 comp.
Yeah certainly not saying they're incapable. But I do think it'd be a reasonably big surprise.

TheFrog

Coach
Last years premiers won't make the 8...

Interested your thoughts on why and wondering if u want to have a $50 on it?
I think they'll struggle a bit too.

Not saying the Sharks can win again but we are still top 8

$1.55 for the 8 is 20/11 on, clearly they are expected to make it. As has been pointed out, they've lost a couple of players who were instrumental in 2016, and have a couple of others who may be playing a season too long. The nucleus of the side ran last in 2014. A heck of a lot went right last year, an awful lot of close victories.

Their closest loss was 6 points (twice). They won by less than this 8 times. The football gods truly smiled on them.

Last edited:

chigurh

1. Broncos
2. Raiders
3. Eels
4. Storm
5. Sharks
6. Souths
7. Cowboys
8. Roosters

9. Panthers
10. Warriors
11. Titans
12. Bulldogs
13. Manly
14. Tigers
15. Dragons
16. Knights

TheFrog

Coach
I thought he was still very dangerous when Wallace replaced him. I also thought hook didn't like him. Makes it hard to be bothered.
Dangerous as in throwing wild speculators with the full time hooter sounding when 1 point in front? This would have done nothing whatever to endear him to the coach or club. Nor would his choice of associates off the field at the time.

dogz08

First Grade
Storm
Raiders
Panthers
Sharks
Cowboys
Broncos
Eels
Titans

Tigers
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Warriors
Bulldogs
Eagles
Knights
Dragons

TheFrog

Coach
Storm
Raiders
Panthers
Sharks
Cowboys
Broncos
Eels
Titans

Tigers
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Warriors
Bulldogs
Eagles
Knights
Dragons
A bit too close to last year (12 sides within one place of their 2016 finish, 13 if you count Eels on wins alone). Don't like to make a list but I think the Sharks and Broncos will struggle and Rabbitohs and Warriors will have better years. Hasler hasn't missed a finals series in 12 years and no reason to suppose he will now.

Last edited:

Diesel

Coach
Predicting in March where teams will finish in September is like picking the trifecta of the Melbourne Cup in June

Valheru

Coach
Are we allowed to pick the Raiders to not make the 8 yet or is that still a ridiculous suggestion?

We are near the halfway point of the season now and history shows there is little change to the top 8 (beyond its order) from this point on. Perhaps the team with the best chance outside the top 8 at this moment is the Titans.

footy75

Bench
Are we allowed to pick the Raiders to not make the 8 yet or is that still a ridiculous suggestion?

We are near the halfway point of the season now and history shows there is little change to the top 8 (beyond its order) from this point on. Perhaps the team with the best chance outside the top 8 at this moment is the Titans.

I keep thinking they will come good.

Latest posts