What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys

Pommy

Coach
Indigenous shirt is up for pre order. Stock expected late July which looking at the fixtures has us wearing it at home to raiders in round 21.

Pommy

Coach
I just called the club as I didn't want to pay for a pre order thats so far out. They are going to wear it for the home game that coincides with NAIDOC week which looks to be Round 17 against the Panthers.

callmack1

Staff member
I just called the club as I didn't want to pay for a pre order thats so far out. They are going to wear it for the home game that coincides with NAIDOC week which looks to be Round 17 against the Panthers.
Hmmm. I thought we'd wear it over the next couple of Rounds for Indigenous Round. Oh well.

The one on the Rabbitohs shop is also different. Design is the same but the Kari sponsor is different (just the lettering without that logo).

Pommy

Coach
Hmmm. I thought we'd wear it over the next couple of Rounds for Indigenous Round. Oh well.

The one on the Rabbitohs shop is also different. Design is the same but the Kari sponsor is different (just the lettering without that logo).

Apparently the NRL released it without the clubs permission so it might not be the final design yet.

callmack1

Staff member
Turner Reveals Rabbitohs Indigenous Jersey

Mon 8th May, 02:28PM

1494225017218.jpg

Kyle Turner revealed the Rabbitohs Indigenous Jersey that the team will run out in against the Wests Tigers on Friday night at ANZ Stadium in the NRL’s Indigenous Round.

The weekend will mark the first time in history that all 16 clubs will wear an Indigenous inspired jersey, with the theme of Recognition as the focal point.

The Rabbitohs Indigenous Jersey was designed by Indigenous artist, Joe Walker, and features all the Indigenous totems of the players in the squad.The totems are connected together by a red and green link symbolising the unity between the players and the Club.

Similar to our 2016 Indigenous Jersey, Indigenous Rabbitohs players had direct input into the design and meaning of the strip.

“All the Indigenous boys in the team had an input into this,” explained Turner.

“Its got all of our Indigenous totems on it and it's very special to us actually, it's really touching to see all 16 NRL teams get on board for the Indigenous Round, it’s going to be special wearing it on Friday night.”

In 2016, a fifth of 77 NRL debutants hailed from Indigenous backgrounds with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg explaining the NRL’s attention to increasing participation levels and opportunities for Indigenous players.

“As a game, we are committed to increasing participation levels and opportunities for Indigenous players at all levels,” said Greenberg.

“And equally, we will continue to support Indigenous communities to thrive and achieve their potential in their work, study and home lives.”

The Rabbitohs will take on the Wests Tigers in their Indigenous Round clash in a reciprocal rights match at ANZ Stadium with Turner marking the importance of the jersey for not only the Indigenous players but for everyone in the team.

“We are still playing at ANZ Stadium,” Turner stated.

“It’s definitely going to have that home ground feel and chucking this jersey on, I know not only the Indigenous boys but the whole team will lift from it.

“You play for your people, your culture, it sparks up that bit more and hopefully will get us up for that win.

"It’s going to be a good game and I’m looking forward to it.”

The Rabbitohs will also wear their Indigenous Jersey in round 17 against the Penrith Panthers marking the Rabbitohs Indigenous Round. Buy tickets here.

Inkers75

Juniors
Hello, newcomer to the forum.

I'd love a Souths jersey but here in the UK they sell for around £65.

Pommy

Coach
Hello, newcomer to the forum.

I'd love a Souths jersey but here in the UK they sell for around £65.

Try Lovell rugby they tend to be a bit cheaper. You won't find much sympathy on here though as they start at around $150 which is about £85.

Inkers75

Juniors
So souths jumpers are actually cheaper in the UK?

It appears so!

I had a look on the Souths store website and turns out that a replica jersey costs around £90.

If I want to buy this seasons Rhinos jersey that would only costs me £45 and I thought that was expensive!

Travitoh

First Grade
It appears so!

I had a look on the Souths store website and turns out that a replica jersey costs around £90.

If I want to buy this seasons Rhinos jersey that would only costs me £45 and I thought that was expensive!

I jumped to purchase a Rhinos jersey at a match a few years ago because i thought it was on special! Haha.

callmack1

Staff member
Our kit would've looked a lot better with the black shorts tonight.

Then again, I see what we've done. Wore white shorts and had Fujitsu as the main sponsor as this was considered an away game.

In Round 17, when we wear the indigenous kit again, I'd say we'll wear black shorts and have Kari as the main sponsor.

Pommy

Coach
Agreed, I hate our black jerseys especially with plain designs. The Indigenous one was fine and makes sense but this is just lazy.

I like the indigenous one even though I would have preferred a full on red and green design but we didn't need another black shirt two weeks later.

Plus I was hoping they were going to have a Wonder Woman/women in league tie in using the DC connection.

Latest posts