What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE LOST RUSSELL!

Gm5

Juniors
hope they find him! Have we called the hospital, police station and local pubs?

Mark D

Juniors
Ok it's done now and let's be honest you can't blame the bloke considering this will be his last contract so he should take what he can.... if anything I see Packer really firing up for us and giving it his all for the rest of this year.... Now surely we can lock Dugan up and put it all to rest...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Whilst I would have liked Rus to stay I really understand his reasons.
When he last played NRL his contract wouldnt have been anywhere near the $$$ of today. Then came his jail time and legal fees etc, so really when he got out he was probably financially low. He joined us through the Cutters on probaly a minimal $ contract. Then got the approval to rejoin the NRL again probably not on a huge amount of $$$.
Now nearly 28 this is his only chance to actually vank some decent coin before he leaves the game.
Will miss Rusty but totaly understand the circumstance.
It will open the door for the likes of Sele and young Lawrie to make an impact during this year.

Gareth67

First Grade
Errrr , I feel as if someone has just pussed all over my grave , and the fella is none other then that big game poacher , Ivan Cleary .

After their raids on other clubs , It would appear that they are no longer the Fibro boys , but the new silver tails of the competition .

Still , as already said by so many other Dragon supporters , the best of luck to young Russell , as I am sure that he will continue to play tremendous football for the remainder of this season .

As for your new club in 2018 , I shall use the old theatre adage , ' go out and break a leg ! ' :wink:

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Congrats to Packer, I'm a loyal guy but would have done exactly the same.

I'm looking forward to watching him for the rest of 2017, hopefully through to the finals as a Dragon.

Already really looking forward to next year when Vaughan, JDB, Friz, Sims and co smash him. Also, the new Tigers fullback should invest in some headgear.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
"We believe we made a good 3 year offer" - Millward

I'm loving Millward's recruitment and retention strategy of making offers he believes are good but fail to meet market value.

Whilst I would have liked Rus to stay I really understand his reasons.
When he last played NRL his contract wouldnt have been anywhere near the $$$ of today. Then came his jail time and legal fees etc, so really when he got out he was probably financially low. He joined us through the Cutters on probaly a minimal $ contract. Then got the approval to rejoin the NRL again probably not on a huge amount of $$$.
Now nearly 28 this is his only chance to actually vank some decent coin before he leaves the game.
Will miss Rusty but totaly understand the circumstance.
It will open the door for the likes of Sele and young Lawrie to make an impact during this year.
Don't forget Kerr...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just saw Millwards recruitment update and I have a feeling Dugan will follow. He said that a rival club has made a significant offer in terms of length and salary which we can't match. See ya later alligator. If he is driven by money which sounds like he is, then he will go.

I can see Dugan being a BMoz signing at the Sharks. All this excitement and he will end up giving them 15 or so games in his first 2 years. Then they will be looking to FREE up cap space that he is taking up.

possm

Coach
Ok it's done now and let's be honest you can't blame the bloke considering this will be his last contract so he should take what he can.... if anything I see Packer really firing up for us and giving it his all for the rest of this year.... Now surely we can lock Dugan up and put it all to rest...
I really don't want Dugan anymore. He and his manager have over-played their hand and if Millward has a B plan, he should sign an alternative fullback and withdraw Dugan's offer. Millward needs to sign a hard nose prop asap. I'd also like him to sing Mitchell from the Roosters as a replacement for Dugan.

Mark D

Juniors
I really don't want Dugan anymore. He and his manager have over-played their hand and if Millward has a B plan, he should sign an alternative fullback and withdraw Dugan's offer. Millward needs to sign a hard nose prop asap. I'd also like him to sing Mitchell from the Roosters as a replacement for Dugan.
Mitchel won't happen

OzDragon

Coach
The whole 'players holding clubs hostage' thing is really getting on my f**ken nerves.

If you don't like the disgustingly high priced contract already offered, then you can f**k right off. We don't want you.

/rant

Latest posts