What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Chambers to sign w Roosters! Gagai still available

Frank Facer

First Grade
Gagai is a quality player and would do well in our team, but I don't think we have a need for him. Lafai and Milne would do me fine, while I see how good Lomax, Herbert and Garrick are. If Lomax lives up to his wraps, then he will be one of our centres in the next 2 or 3 years, unless they move him to fullback? Some think that Herbert is already good enough for first grade.

The calm one

Juniors
The NRL don't want a draft.
The cheating rich clubs don't want a draft.
The players don't want a draft.
The player managers don't want a draft.
The ARL tried to introduce a draft years ago and lost the legal battle to do so.
[/QUOTE The reason that the rich clubs and player managers don't want a draft, is it evens up the playing field, the richer clubs can't
dominate the process and player managers don't control the player market

Old Timer

Coach
What about we give Millward a deadline
sign these players by this date within these $$$ guidelines or f**k off
By the way we will be telling you who we want and where they will play and if we see you discussing such things again pack your shit up and f**k off
Purchasing managers close deals but only on the advice of people higher up the chain.

possm

Coach
What about we give Millward a deadline
sign these players by this date within these $$$ guidelines or f**k off
By the way we will be telling you who we want and where they will play and if we see you discussing such things again pack your shit up and f**k off
Purchasing managers close deals but only on the advice of people higher up the chain.
Now your talking Old Time. You've got me fired up.

Anyone else on the same page?

Hills Dragon

Juniors
I keep saying it. The Roarters are the brown paper bag kings. Just look at their board. They could by the NRL. Maybe already happened......
I had it on almost unbelievably good authority several years ago, that the Rooters had been paying money in brown paper bags to their players. Let's just say that I'd bet my house on the authenticity of the source.

possm

Coach
I had it on almost unbelievably good authority several years ago, that the Rooters had been paying money in brown paper bags to their players. Let's just say that I'd bet my house on the authenticity of the source.
Careful, you know you would have to prove this or you would lose your house.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeah, I have heard from a good source that Easts pay players under the table. There was one story that comes to mind about a $100 000 under the table payment to a very well known player who they MANAGED to fit under their salary cap, for under's obviously, but I will not go into on this forum. The same source told me that Melbourne were going to lose all their points for cheating the cap a few days before the story broke.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dugans a very good players has a big heart and a glass jaw I wish him well at his new club .now Mary give dufty or field a run at fullback you might just get a surprise .

SaintPauli

Juniors
Hayne will never ever take a pay cut to come to dragons! He has an option to stay at Titans next year for 1.2 million.

possm

Coach
Hayne will never ever take a pay cut to come to dragons! He has an option to stay at Titans next year for 1.2 million.
Hayne has a week to take up an option to stay at the Titans. Now it is up to our great pathways/recruiting director to weave his magic and use all of his valuable experience to convince Hayne, his manager and his TPA sponsor - a long time Dragons tragic - to sign with the Dragons.

We had 600k there for Packer and 800k there for Dugan, even without thee TPA there is 1.4m freed up in the loss of two key first graders. With a two year deal, recruiting Hayne would be our big chance to snare a title in 2018/2019; also gives us time to bring Dufty/Field through to first grade.

SaintPauli

Juniors
We have enough forwards and I believe our up and coming juniors will cover for Packer
In the near future.
If Dragons can offer 1.2 for 3 years and
If it can happen it would be so sweet. A comp would be heading our way.
Hunt Widdop and Hayne. Wow

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I just don't think we will chase a back for any position IMO.
A forward yes, to replace Packer and Mose (I believe wont be re-signed),

mickeylane

Bench
I just don't think we will chase a back for any position IMO.
A forward yes, to replace Packer and Mose (I believe wont be re-signed),
I really think we will make play for Alex Johnston as he covers FB, Wing and Centre..plus he's around the $500k mark..

Old Timer

Coach
I really think we will make play for Alex Johnston as he covers FB, Wing and Centre..plus he's around the $500k mark..
So are you of the belief that Johnstone is better value at $500k than every junior we have in our club just busting his chops to get a chance at 1st grade?
People marvel how great TT is at Manly and rightfully so but if he was never given his chance we would never have seen him.
Johsntone has been given his chance and hasn't cemented anything so IMO forget him and try to create a TT story from within our own ranks and if we cant then wheel at big bucks for a proven SOO quality player.

hazzbeen

Bench
Its time to start blooding our young blokes , as Old Timer has said , we will never know if we keep buying players from outside the club . When is the right time to give them the opportunity ? No one really knows but the coach has to have the balls to do it . If we dont we will loose them to other clubs ......

Latest posts