What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budget for new players

mickeylane

Bench
Ian millward this afternoon stated that we will be active in the market looking for a replacement for Packer - he also looked resigned to losing Dugan to the Sharks.

So based on the offers we put in for both Packer and Dugan it seems like we have a budget of up to
$750k for a fullback
$600k for prop

Seems like a reasonable war chest to land 2 great players who may end up being more attune to the dragons 2018 playing style (at least in Dugans case).

I think a lot of forwards would b gagging to join our gang!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I assume that our forwards next year will be:-
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Sims
McInnes
Vaughan
Bench
Ah Mau
Kerr/Hind
Sele
Host
I think that we should not recruit external replacements for Dugan and Packer. We will need to strengthen our backline and should save that money for that purpose. It is no good stockpiling forwards such as Hind, Kerr, Lawrie, Leilua, etc. and not giving them a fair go.

mickeylane

Bench
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Sims
McInnes
Vaughan
Bench
Ah Mau
Kerr/Hind
Sele
Host
I think that we should not recruit external replacements for Dugan and Packer. We will need to strengthen our backline and should save that money for that purpose. It is no good stockpiling forwards such as Hind, Kerr, Lawrie, Leilua, etc. and not giving them a fair go.
Well Millward said that we are in market for a forward replacement

Dragon Revival

Juniors
With Dugan going and Nightingale doubtful and Lafai, Mann and Milne unsigned we need to review our backline requirements as it is no good getting
your forwards right and not making your backline a priority. Millward has been negligent in sureing up our backline stocks. His ineptitude is most
concerning.

mickeylane

Bench
With Dugan going and Nightingale doubtful and Lafai, Mann and Milne unsigned we need to review our backline requirements as it is no good getting
your forwards right and not making your backline a priority. Millward has been negligent in sureing up our backline stocks. His ineptitude is most
concerning.
Id throw cash at both Cody Walker and Johnston and slot them somewhere in our backline - they are single handedly responsible for 90% of all souths tries

Crush

Coach
Trust in millward.
He has signed some outstanding players and retained the keepers.
He made an offer for Dugan to play centre and everyone said he should have signed him as a fullback. Well now he is going to another club as a centre. Millward was right.
Dugan isn't worth a million a season given how often he is on the sidelines.
I am comfortable with where we are at.
Millward will sign some worthy replacements.
Dragons looking very good in my opinion.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Maybe James Gavet from the Warriors for a prop . He has given a few problems to a few teams this year.
Fullback I would still look at Coote from the cows or Michael Gordan Roosters on a 1 year deal.

boot

Juniors
Would personally throw big money and long contract at Latrell Mitchell for fullback. The kid is going to be an absolutely star!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
concerning.

. ..Y
.O U
R PO

ST FEE
LS LIKE
AN EYE TE
ST CHART
AT THE OPTO
METRIST. SIGN DUGAN

twinkletoes

Juniors
Ian millward this afternoon stated that we will be active in the market looking for a replacement for Packer - he also looked resigned to losing Dugan to the Sharks.

So based on the offers we put in for both Packer and Dugan it seems like we have a budget of up to
$750k for a fullback
$600k for prop

Seems like a reasonable war chest to land 2 great players who may end up being more attune to the dragons 2018 playing style (at least in Dugans case).

I think a lot of forwards would b gagging to join our gang!
Yes lets just pick up the scraps and wait another 5 years to make the 8

twinkletoes

Juniors
Trust in millward.
He has signed some outstanding players and retained the keepers.
He made an offer for Dugan to play centre and everyone said he should have signed him as a fullback. Well now he is going to another club as a centre. Millward was right.
Dugan isn't worth a million a season given how often he is on the sidelines.
I am comfortable with where we are at.
Millward will sign some worthy replacements.
Dragons looking very good in my opinion.
Rubbish....going down the gurgler

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'd be looking at Nelson Asofa-Solomona to replace Packer. He's an animal. He's got that much potential that i'd offer him the contract they offered Packer.

As for Dugan's replacement, Mitchell or Cody Walker would be my targets if they become available. Perhaps even Michael Gordon just for the year.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Sims
McInnes
Vaughan
Bench
Ah Mau
Kerr/Hind
Sele
Host

Agreed...... look elsewhere only for a back to spice up our bland centres.

Forwards should come from within.

Bench
I don't think we would be able to find a fullback that would sign a one year contract

possm

Coach
I don't think we would be able to find a fullback that would sign a one year contract

Hayne would. He is a dreamer and want to win a GF before moving to another code.

Gordon would. He is at the end of his career and would only want one or two seasons.

Mitchell would. He wants out. He would start on about 400k-500k and expect to get the big bucks in two years time.

Hoppa would. He is on the outer at the Dogs. If he agreed to play on Sundays he would be a good pickup.

Latest posts