What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WE LOST RUSSELL!

Life's Good

Coach
Disappointed in losing Packer. He will be hard to replace but he is replaceable, most players are. I just find it funny how so many on here craft how the negotiations went. No one really knows other than those in the negotiations so basing it on what is reported is comical. One final thing(probably mentioned)it would be rare for anyone, in this day & age, to knock back a higher salary(more security). You are kidding yourself if you truly believe otherwise.
Good luck to Packer but the show will go on.

Disappointed in losing Packer. He will be hard to replace but he is replaceable, most players are. I just find it funny how so many on here craft how the negotiations went. No one really knows other than those in the negotiations so basing it on what is reported is comical. One final thing(probably mentioned)it would be rare for anyone, in this day & age, to knock back a higher salary(more security). You are kidding yourself if you truly believe otherwise.
He said it was for his family and if thats the case so be it.

The Tigers have overpaid for nearly everyone they have signed and honestly they are all solid and nothing else.

I'd like to know who we've overpaid for
Reynolds is shit a competitor but shit.
McQueen has gone backwards.
Matulino has gone backwards.
Packer is the best of the lot and not worth 700k.

Not that i care really the Tigers are exactly what woods said a rabble.

Clifferd

Coach
Reynolds is shit a competitor but shit.
McQueen has gone backwards.
Matulino has gone backwards.
Packer is the best of the lot and not worth 700k.

Not that i care really the Tigers are exactly what woods said a rabble.

Someone's angry

We were gonna pay an overrated wanker 900k instead got Reynolds for 750k a GF and origin experienced player

Signed Matulino & Packer for the price of what we were gonna pay for woods

I don't get the overpaid comment when we have virtually signed 8-10 players for the price of 3 dud players

Crush

Coach
Someone's angry

We were gonna pay an overrated wanker 900k instead got Reynolds for 750k a GF and origin experienced player

Signed Matulino & Packer for the price of what we were gonna pay for woods

I don't get the overpaid comment when we have virtually signed 8-10 players for the price of 3 dud players
3 dud players because they were wearing the tigers jersey. With their new clubs they will be superstars and reach their potential.
Tigers are THE basketcase club of the last decade.

Clifferd

Coach
Oh wait you're serious haha

Weren't you guys a basketcase in the offseason? Why can't the tigers do what you guys have done next year

Ben hunt for 1.2mil tho

Clifferd

Coach
Oh some other douchebag replied not the original douche

Geez this signing has rattled you guys keep it up

Clifferd

Coach
Serious question, when was the last time that the tigers made the top 8?

If you really care

What's your problem anyway. Never once insulted the Dragons just came in asking how we've overpaid

All your players wanting to sign elsewhere and staring down the barrel of 4 straight losses got you nervous?

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Mitchel won't happen
Is there any reason you don't give reasons for your statement? Would make it much easier to understand your thoughts on the matter.

You may be right. The Roosters may want to let go Ferguson and play Mitchell at centre however, I have been told that Mitchell is not happy that the Roosters have broken the undertaking that he would be their long term fullback.

possm

Coach
The down side of not making salary cap information public and not making salary agreements public, the media and fans will come to their own conclusions by estimations based on public announcements or media reports.

Millward this week stated that the Dragon's could not offer an extra year on the Packer offer and could not meet the salary demand of Dugan. It seems to me that with the salary cap rise of at least 2m for 2018, these two key first grade players should have been priority signings instead of the subject of protracted negotiations.

The idea that untested juniors would fill the void when our coaching staff do not feel they are fit for even testing them in first grade makes no sense at all. In this case it is either meet the market and retain our key players or recruit players who do not dumb down our progess in building a team capable of being a top 4 contender in 2018.

Dugan is one of our marquee players occupying a spine position in our first grade squad. His retention needed to be handled much better than Millward handled it. At the very least, we should have had a plan B and moved to that plan as soon as it became likely that a deal could not be done.

In a similar way Packer's retention should have been a priority. Again there seems to be no plan B and an attitude that his loss would not be a major setback to the progress achieved with our forwards.

Millward has proved to be unable to carry out the most important task of retaining key players in our Club. Doust should be relegating Millward to managing pathways activity only. I would suggest that a new recruitment officer be employed with both the pathways manager and the recruitment officer reporting to the head coach and the head coach reporting to the football committee. The structure would resolve the current impasse between recruitment/pathways and the head coach and will also resolve the worry that the head coach would not necessarily act in the long term interest of the Club. The football committee would have the last say and have the responsibility of managing the salary cap.

dragon-83

Juniors
I think packer and Ah Mau are not as good as people think the only reason they are doing well is due to Vaughan they are both followers not leaders

Uplifting

Juniors
Russell has been great for us, hasn't he. I wouldn't be surprised if he Captains the Tigers, he really encourages the team (and fans) during a game.

I just think the Dragons think they have some good forwards coming through. Although Milward said he'd be enlisting a replacement.

Latest posts