What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis in a Mental Health Clinic

callmack1

Staff member
It's not like if he retires now he can be disappointed in his career. There are not many NRL players that have achieved what GI has and he has been dominant throughout his whole career. Even on one leg his one of the best fullbacks in the competition. He's knowledge of the game is overqualified for a position as an assistant coach. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Meninga or QLD wanted him as an assistant coach.

I understand he never wants the glory days of QLD and Australia to end but it's not like he will be forgotten when he retires. You will still get kids coming through that will be called the next Greg Inglis for years now.

His playing style and ability to play anywhere in the back 7 has not been mirrored by anyone else as well as he could do it. If Greg retires, he retires a champion and one that Souths wouldn't have won the premiership without.
100%. He delivered in his promise to deliver us a premiership.

Tryhard

Juniors
Greg's best days are well behind him now.

With this serious knee injury the reality of his plight may have set in.

The injury would be a big bummer for him,no doubt,but the "Yesterday's Hero"/"Fallen Idol" syndrome could also be festering.

It's not only his knees;his hip has been chronic-----these body parts are closely associated & if one fails the other suffers!!
GI seems to be at the crossroads with his life. He is a veteran who is struggling physically.He is married with two children. He will have a big future off the field albiet NOT a super star!!

He may be forced to call it a day!!!
EXACTLY! This injury would be a big thing for him, because all these injuries are becoming more frequent & closer together (& transferring from one area to another as he has to adjust/compromise the way he plays). And not doesn't GI chase the limelight, the last thing he wants to be (or feel he's being) is a drag on the Club, the fans, but more his team mates & coaches. I'm actually thinking is this the issue with George - not just the injury at the time, but coming back unable to play the way/intensity they did before! I think this should be THE area for the NRL in player management, it isn't about just offering training for a job after Footy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
100%. He delivered in his promise to deliver us a premiership.
I know it's not that important currently but I reckon GI should leave us after this season and go and be with his family in Brisbane. He's done his job with us and I couldn't be any prouder of him.

If things turn around for him maybe the Titans would take him on for a couple of years.

Benny68

Juniors
All the best GI you will always be an absolute Rabbitohs legend get well soon hope to see you back bigger stronger and fitter than ever running amok palming guys at will like toys
Family first big fella whatever happens family first
Stay strong

Rabbit toes

First Grade
He'll bounce back from it stronger and more resolved than ever.
Putting a lock on him for a try in his return game

Pommy

Coach
He'll bounce back from it stronger and more resolved than ever.
Putting a lock on him for a try in his return game

I don't think he will return to Souths. If he needs to put his family first a move north makes a lot of sense for him.
I'm sure the club wouldn't stand in his way either.
Even if it means a pay cut I'm sure he has a good case to ask argue with the NRL for a reduced wage if either GC or Broncos had to justify it for cap reasons.
Or he could just call it a day altogether and move in to coaching up there. I'm sure he would be in demand he has nothing to prove on the field.

I saw some cynic posted elsewhere on FB that this is just a charade for him to get a release and go to Brisbane.

All I can say is no matter what, I hope he finds happiness because depression is a c*** of a thing to deal with.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I don't think he will return to Souths. If he needs to put his family first a move north makes a lot of sense for him.
I'm sure the club wouldn't stand in his way either.
Even if it means a pay cut I'm sure he has a good case to ask argue with the NRL for a reduced wage if either GC or Broncos had to justify it for cap reasons.
Or he could just call it a day altogether and move in to coaching up there. I'm sure he would be in demand he has nothing to prove on the field.
All possible scenarios.

Pommy

Coach
I saw some cynic posted elsewhere on FB that this is just a charade for him to get a release and go to Brisbane.

All I can say is no matter what, I hope he finds happiness because depression is a c*** of a thing to deal with.

I think if he wanted a release the club would hand it to him even without recent events.
Obviously on the basis of not paying him anymore.

Benny68

Juniors
I really hope iGI isn't having to deal with a situation between moving away or being with his wife and children that would do in any mans head
Family first GI