What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Chambers to sign w Roosters! Gagai still available

blacksafake

First Grade
So are you of the belief that Johnstone is better value at $500k than every junior we have in our club just busting his chops to get a chance at 1st grade?
People marvel how great TT is at Manly and rightfully so but if he was never given his chance we would never have seen him.
Johsntone has been given his chance and hasn't cemented anything so IMO forget him and try to create a TT story from within our own ranks and if we cant then wheel at big bucks for a proven SOO quality player.
Agree OT,However the cynic in me thinks that if the money indicated by Mickey for Johnston is fairly accurate i'm afraid the club will go down this path.The normal dragons way is signing value,not necessarily quality.their thinking would be we have saved 300K+ by letting Dugan go.If they want to sign Johnston as a winger i'm fine with this(at the right price) but not as a fullback as he has shown that he is only average in this position.Let's try one of our juniors if this is the case.

possm

Coach
I really think we will make play for Alex Johnston as he covers FB, Wing and Centre..plus he's around the $500k mark..
We don't need him. Mann is our utility player and we have plenty of young backs coming through. We need a marquee fullback to balance our spine. We need to replace Dugan with something better. At this stage in the teams development, we do not need a fullback on L Plates.

possm

Coach
So are you of the belief that Johnstone is better value at $500k than every junior we have in our club just busting his chops to get a chance at 1st grade?
People marvel how great TT is at Manly and rightfully so but if he was never given his chance we would never have seen him.
Johsntone has been given his chance and hasn't cemented anything so IMO forget him and try to create a TT story from within our own ranks and if we cant then wheel at big bucks for a proven SOO quality player.
The only was to bring our juniors through would be to select them in first grade at a time like this. Mary refuses to do so. In 2018, we want to go full steam ahead to make the top 4 and possibly win the comp.

We have Widdop, Hunt and McInnes in our spine which will go great guns. Now all we need to do is replace Dugan with a marquee fullback. We have the cap and so there is no better time to do so.

Dugan and Packer were offered a total of 1.4m to stay. Hayne wants 1.2m and I suggest we sign him on a two year deal. Our best chance to win the comp in 2018-2019. In two years time our young guns should be ready to step into the fullback role.

Come on Millward it is a no brainer. Recruit Hayne and fill the prop position with one of our young forwards.

Bench
Hayne is a show pony. The game is bigger then him, not the otherway around.
Both the coaches and the players at the Titans want him gone.
I hope we don't make a try to get him, after all the figure being touted as his 2018 contract is $1.2 million.

possm

Coach
Hayne is a show pony. The game is bigger then him, not the otherway around.
Both the coaches and the players at the Titans want him gone.
I hope we don't make a try to get him, after all the figure being touted as his 2018 contract is $1.2 million.
Two year deal with a TPA of 200k and a go away subsidy from the Titans of 400k-500k, he would be a value for money signing. With a spine of:
1. Hayne
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
9. McInnes

Throw big bopper prop Kerr into the front row for the rest of the season and next year we could have a top 4 side capable of making the GF.

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
Tyrone Roberts is playing great footy at the Tits and keeping Hayne out of the number 1 jersey there... You could probably get him for $300-400k.. Also could cover a halves position if injury to Hunt/Widdop

possm

Coach
Tyrone Roberts is playing great footy at the Tits and keeping Hayne out of the number 1 jersey there... You could probably get him for $300-400k.. Also could cover a halves position if injury to Hunt/Widdop
Sounds good, is he under contract? However, I rather Hayne only because he could win us a premiership.

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
Tyrone Roberts is off contract.. you will not get Hayne..he will not leave the gold coast money.. $1.2M...
Anyway I am hoping Dufty starts tomorrow night and has a blinder and we can give him the shot