What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Ross

Frank Facer

First Grade
Nathan Ross is currently in a dispute with Newcastle over a contract upgrade. He is only on 150K a season. I was very impressed with what I saw of Ross last year and said on another forum site that we should have signed him. After reading that Newcastle signed him for 150K a season, then we definitely should have signed him. If he can get an early release, then we should sign him. I would be wrapped with Ross and McDonald as our wingers in 2018. I would take Ross over Johnston any day of the week and we could probably get him for a nice price.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I actually think, that Ross would not be out of place in the NSW team. He looks like the sort of player who would suit origin. That is how highly I rate him.

MilanDragon

Juniors
The only trouble is that we have young guns coming through who can be blooded on the wing. We really need a marquee fullback to replace Dugan.

With possm on this one. For the first part at least, id rather blood our youngsters. Also we won't get him for 150k, his contract might be that now, it would be substantially higher when he negotiates, and honestly I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

Hawkins

Juniors
They cut Ross for a little money talk.

I know there's a long line waiting to say this but f**k Newcastle and the shit they bring to the league.

#SaveRoss

Old Timer

Coach
Yet again another thread re another person to bring to the club.
I also like Ross and he is a good story but we have juniors coming through who are deserving of their chance.
Every day in this place it is buy Hayne, Johnstone, Ross, Rona, Morriss', Graham, Mataulino bla bla bla and then the next thing is the criticism of the club because we can't keep our juniors.
We don't know what we already have because we keep buying people and selecting them instead of giving them a go.
I mean we are toying with KFFL yet again in 1st grade how stupid are we as a club.
If Ross has better potential than all our junior outside backs then best we sign none of them.
As I said in another thread we need all our most promising juniors to leave and play 1st at other clubs so at least then we will know how good they actually were.

Coffs dragon

Bench
IMHO I really hope the Knights can keep both Ross and Gagai. They need all the help they can get and should not be raped of the little talent they still have. The other clubs should be loaning them some offcut spare players.

Belta

Juniors
It appears the dragons have placed a strong emphasis on their juniors, particularly this year and although not many are setting the world on fire hopefully with more time and experience I'm sure it will be the best way forward, although it's becoming more and more obvious that trying to compete with teams who 'buy' teams is a tough hurdle to overcome

possm

Coach
Millward is in charge of pathways. Again a part of his task which is being poorly managed. Signing them up is easy because all of them want to be paid fulltime at a rate they can live on.

The real skill in pathways is to work with the coach of reserve grade and first grade to prepare the best of the crop for first grade. Unfortunately, Millward is making predictions of juniors attaining first grade positions and over-selling their readiness to perform at first grade level. In addition Millward is not in sync with Mary's needs or views so there is a disconnect between Millward's public statements and Mary's selection management.

Dufty and Field have not been tested for fullback at first grade level. Mary does not feel they are up to it and so does not want to trial them.

I have no time for Mary however, I believe it is likely he is right on this one however, I'm all for these two players and/or Mann to be given a chance when ever Dugan is not available. If they are not ready and demonstrate an inability to perform at first grade level, then at least we know and move on to recruit a fullback over a 2 year term in order to give these young guns time to develop.