What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
From how many minutes though? Those stats aren't bad at all if he got low minutes.
He was also ball playing a lot and had a couple of offloads.

I do not recall any of us saying to break the bank for him do you??? We were talking about the 350k mark which would have been a fair deal.

- Lots of ball playing
- 2 offloads
- 86 metres
- 24 tackles

Rabbits20

Immortal
Last week Asiata had 14 for 144m.

Those are heights Clark can't get too Souths til I die.

So since he started this last fortnight he's averaged 115m from 11.5 hit ups a match.

That's better than Clark imo.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
44 minutes.
He put in a clark like perfomance. He's a handy squad player Asiata

Yeah I definitely think 350k was a reasonable offer. I'm glad we didn't break the bank for him though. Could be something great in a few years

Last week Asiata had 14 for 144m.

Those are heights Clark can't get too Souths til I die.

So since he started this last fortnight he's averaged 115m from 11.5 hit ups a match.

That's better than Clark imo.

I don't think his coming to south Sydney anyway. He made a statement saying his future lies in North Queensland.

CAFPOW

Juniors
From the Telecrap:

DANE Gagai’s move to South Sydney is now set in concrete after he informed Knights officials on Wednesday he had signed with the Rabbitohs.

Gagai knocked back a four year $2.8 million offer from Newcastle to link with the Bunnies.

Souths are expected to officially announce his signing in the coming days.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
There's those fake salary numbers again. Buzz originally said Knights had offered Gagai a 4 year 650k contract. Now it's 700k lol

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Just for the people jizzing themselves over Asiata, saying he is way better then the duds and we should break tye bank to get him

22 tackles, 86 metres

Asiata has resigned with the boys time to move on though lassick is in my opinion only Average and only became notorious for his thugery and deserves average money

DiegoNT

First Grade
Asiata has resigned with the boys time to move on though lassick is in my opinion only Average and only became notorious for his thugery and deserves average money
We offered him a fair deal, he said no, we didn't go overboard trying to get him. It was smartly played by the club. My posts were mainly aimed at certain posters who said we should throw everything at asiata. There is a pattern with that kind of poster. An average player will have a few weeks of good form, poster says we should offer heaps of money, player reverts back to normal form, poster moves on to the newest flavour of the month.

Rabbits20

Immortal
From the Telecrap:

DANE Gagai’s move to South Sydney is now set in concrete after he informed Knights officials on Wednesday he had signed with the Rabbitohs.

Gagai knocked back a four year $2.8 million offer from Newcastle to link with the Bunnies.

Souths are expected to officially announce his signing in the coming days.
I think he's just waiting for his manager to come back from holidays.

He could very well be our fullback for 2018.

On Asiata our 350k offer was fair.

I'm more concerned about our backline next season rather than our forwards.

Travitoh

First Grade
I wonder if we'll make a play for Ross. Not exactly young but he's has that x-factor that wins games on the wing, wants to play centre and wants to roll up his sleeves and grind if that'swhat it takes to win a game. We could do far worse and if we do end up losing Gray, he'd be an ideal replacement.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Apparently Cody Walker is seriously not happy and will probably walk out at the end of 2017 if the club lets him. I hope we're not f**king around and have a real replacement for him. If walker and GI goes that could be a big problem.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's not a good look for a player to do something like this but I don't understand how we can't afford to upgrade him can somebody please explain? Do we have some sort of replacement or something?

Cody was quite happy to re-sign with Souths last year. If he wants out, Souths should make him buy out his contract. Then petition the NRL to have his manager de-resgistered.

Benny68

Juniors
I can see both sides really
1 Cody is our no 1 attacking weapon and deserves more coin for sure
2 Richo has already stated he will get his upgrade as soon as the cap increase is set
3 maybe his new manager is stirring all this up to get the most money for Cody ( and himself ) but may be advising Cody to go about it the wrong way

southsport

First Grade
We offered him a fair deal, he said no, we didn't go overboard trying to get him. It was smartly played by the club. My posts were mainly aimed at certain posters who said we should throw everything at asiata. There is a pattern with that kind of poster. An average player will have a few weeks of good form, poster says we should offer heaps of money, player reverts back to normal form, poster moves on to the newest flavour of the month.

What happened to your dog Diego?

Pedge1971

First Grade
There's those fake salary numbers again. Buzz originally said Knights had offered Gagai a 4 year 650k contract. Now it's 700k lol

He had an option against the Knights to re sign for 650k. The Knights upped to 700k when Souths showed interest. A lot of money for a centre.

callmack1

Staff member
I really hope all this stuff about Cody is just his manager talking shit. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would just walk out on the club that gave him his shot, especially since he only just re-signed late last year. I understand he wants a pay rise though and he does deserve it.

It sounds like we're sorting through it and I really hope we give him a suitable deal soon.

I don't want to lose him.