What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt To be Released to Dragons beforeJune 30!!

Old Timer

Coach
If Bennett thinks he has a real shot at a title this year he will not be doing any potential opposition any favours with their rosters.
I find it difficult to think he will release Hunt especially with SOO and tests yet to be played when he will have several players out and Hunt strengthens his roster.
Anyway it has been a very strange season so anything is possible even Mickeylane getting something right but then again that is pretty far fetched.

Life's Good

Coach
Yes you read this right!!

Theres an extremely strong rumour that Ben Hunt is out of sorts w Wayne Bennett to the point where he was fit to play last week but was passed over for selection and once again was passed over for selection this week in preference for Kodi Nikorima..

The Broncos kept Ben Hunts fitness secret last week but this week the media has latched onto it proclaiming that Hunt is fit but won't be selected in any grade!

Dragons have made a request for an early move but was knocked back apparently last week - my source (prominent bookmaker) who will kill me if he ever reads this forum said that the Dragons have enough cap room to take in Hunt this year and pay out his remaining contract for this year around $300K due after July 1..

I know this sounds preposterous but its on the cards and brewing as we speak...if it happens expect Hunt to team up w Widdop from early July just in time to take in 9 games before the semis...the last time a move like this happened was back in 2010 when one Mark Gasnier joined the Dragons mid season from France and we went on to win the comp..

Stranger things have happened..
I will now refer to you as Lane because you are always taking the Mickey.

possm

Coach
Yes, it seems Broncos want the cap space to accommodate GI before June 30 deadline. GI does not want to return to Souths. Broncos have plenty of young halves.

Crush

Coach
Yes you read this right!!

Theres an extremely strong rumour that Ben Hunt is out of sorts w Wayne Bennett to the point where he was fit to play last week but was passed over for selection and once again was passed over for selection this week in preference for Kodi Nikorima..

The Broncos kept Ben Hunts fitness secret last week but this week the media has latched onto it proclaiming that Hunt is fit but won't be selected in any grade!

Dragons have made a request for an early move but was knocked back apparently last week - my source (prominent bookmaker) who will kill me if he ever reads this forum said that the Dragons have enough cap room to take in Hunt this year and pay out his remaining contract for this year around $300K due after July 1..

I know this sounds preposterous but its on the cards and brewing as we speak...if it happens expect Hunt to team up w Widdop from early July just in time to take in 9 games before the semis...the last time a move like this happened was back in 2010 when one Mark Gasnier joined the Dragons mid season from France and we went on to win the comp..

Stranger things have happened..
Great news if true Mickeylane!
If this happens its going to be a great September/October! !!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ok, it all starts with ......
GI suffering from depression ( regards to him ) and being in Sydney.

His partner and children are in Brisbane which is part of the reason GI is suffering.

Broncos get rid of Hunt, who has already signed for next year to the Dragons.

GI, who would no doubt want to be with his family in BrisVegas, is granted compassionate leave from Souths to join Broncos.

Hunt is moved forward to the Dragons.

Everybody all round feeling good about the whole circumstance.