What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We needed this

Smack

Coach
They did a great job sharing the attacking workload and the second phase was sublime, 20 offloads and 9 line breaks. McGroan and Mann need to work on kicks in general play over these next 2 weeks.

We have so much depth in our outside backs with Milne, KFFL and forwards with Sele and Sims of the bench. Great cover defence in general but need to work on scrambling on our line and numbering up. This was a must needed win. JDB, Vaughan and Frizell should get a call up for NSW.

We get a rest and soon Widdop will be back (TF).

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Great win, important win, I concur completely. Always good to go over there and bring back two valuable points.

Honestly, when Josh McCrone has the ball on the last he should just pass or run every time. He officially can't kick in general play.
Or kick low with a end over grubber cause he certainly cant kick high. Its hard to watch his kicking but stomed we got another win again.

FlameThrower

Bench
great win indeed, high energy, enthusiasm and spirit. Someone has got the boys united in all facet.
The Warriors were woeful.

Back in the winners stall -there's nothing like it

SFTG
Johnston, Foran and RTS should be enough to get that pack rolling. But some of Johnstons kicks made MCrones effort like a golden boot player..
Said it before and I'll say it again..Warriors are bunch of guys playing but not as a team and clock off as soon as the going gets tough...

mickeylane

Bench
They did a great job sharing the attacking workload and the second phase was sublime, 20 offloads and 9 line breaks. McGroan and Mann need to work on kicks in general play over these next 2 weeks.

We have so much depth in our outside backs with Milne, KFFL and forwards with Sele and Sims of the bench. Great cover defence in general but need to work on scrambling on our line and numbering up. This was a must needed win. JDB, Vaughan and Frizell should get a call up for NSW.

We get a rest and soon Widdop will be back (TF).
Widdop and Dugan back next game against Tigers
Mann to bench (Widdop back in)
FFL to reserves (Dugan back in Flo to Wing)
Field to reserves

mickeylane

Bench
Johnston, Foran and RTS should be enough to get that pack rolling. But some of Johnstons kicks made MCrones effort like a golden boot player..
Said it before and I'll say it again..Warriors are bunch of guys playing but not as a team and clock off as soon as the going gets tough...
The problem w Warriors is that they keep recruiting kiwis thinking this is going bring some sort of comraderie - they need some hard edged NRL players with hearts..
Mutalino - pea heart (good luck Tigers)
Johnson - OMG overrated or what
I can go on forever....

Dragon for life

Juniors
will put 50 on them and move into top 2 after the bye
Great to see the boys really play well tonight considering our kicking game was shite at best and with three keys players sitting on the bench. Agree that Mann needs to be signed sooner rather than later but is he going to be wanting too much money now? He is also not going to be wanting to sit on the wing so I don't know where he could playhim to keep him interested. Maybe fullback and Dugan in the centres???

Glad that we signed Vaughan and not Packer as I see him as more valuable than Packer in current form and I believe he was asking for too much for a front rower. Vaughan is on fire and it will be a tragedy if he is not picked for the blues on Monday.

Looking at our run for the rest of the season and trying not to get too far ahead or cocky we are a very realistic chance of a top 2 position. Maybe even the J.J.Giltinan. Who would of dreamed 12 months ago.

Well done team keep up the inspiring performances!!

St Georgio

Juniors
Great to see the boys really play well tonight considering our kicking game was shite at best and with three keys players sitting on the bench. Agree that Mann needs to be signed sooner rather than later but is he going to be wanting too much money now? He is also not going to be wanting to sit on the wing so I don't know where he could playhim to keep him interested. Maybe fullback and Dugan in the centres???

Glad that we signed Vaughan and not Packer as I see him as more valuable than Packer in current form and I believe he was asking for too much for a front rower. Vaughan is on fire and it will be a tragedy if he is not picked for the blues on Monday.

Looking at our run for the rest of the season and trying not to get too far ahead or cocky we are a very realistic chance of a top 2 position. Maybe even the J.J.Giltinan. Who would of dreamed 12 months ago.

Well done team keep up the inspiring performances!!
Shhh, shut the fook up, there are many maggots out there wanting the fall of the Dragons, Hail Mary

one day soon

Juniors
Mann is too good not to be in the starting team somewhere. Mary may have to start the experiment of Mann at fullback all over again. Dugan into the center ( both lafai & Milne where both good tonight) the club is in a very good position in regards to depth and players putting pressure on the starting side.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Great performance by the boys! Really hope we extend Milne, Lafai and Kurt Mann, would hate to see them leave.

Agree whole-heartedly, Turk! A really entertaining performance! The Warriors played more poorly than in the earlier game at Kogarah. Yet very pleasing to maintain the high standard against a poor team after some t narroe losses

But I need some help. Can anyone explain

1. How in the movement for the Warriors' first try did Nene have to contend with 4 players heading his way?

2. In the Warriors' 2nd try when Thommo dropped the ball why did he palm it forward for the Warriors to pick it up and score?

Smack

Coach
1. How in the movement for the Warriors' first try did Nene have to contend with 4 players heading his way?

Our scrambling defence was lacking. Before the play we were outnumbered and as the ball was played, Foran drifted to the left and we failed to mark him and pick him up. We failed to cover and number up and it made the outside backs look bad.

2. In the Warriors' 2nd try when Thommo dropped the ball why did he palm it forward for the Warriors to pick it up and score?

Either the ball was slippery or he was tired, not sure but it was his error that led to the try.

denis preston

First Grade
Agree whole-heartedly, Turk! A really entertaining performance! The Warriors played more poorly than in the earlier game at Kogarah. Yet very pleasing to maintain the high standard against a poor team after some t narroe losses

But I need some help. Can anyone explain

Ds2 look at it again , I did. The inside man was covered bu McCrone but Milne still came in and he touched hands with McCrone. Big error by Milne which is similar to last week but hopefully he is learning. After all that frustrating that Mary not giving the younger backs a go.

Latest posts