What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN TO BE ANNOUNCED A SHARK THIS FRIDAY!

Life's Good

Coach
I'd agree is Dugan was staying however, why is Dugan happy to go to the Sharks for 700k and not just accept the offer from the Dragons. It can only be the approach of Millward that has Dugan's back up.
Which is entirely on Dugan & his manager. Anyway, I hope Dugan stays but this is starting to have a bit of a Moses smell about it so am not terribly fussed like plenty of others.

Drag Queen

Bench
Some guys have the nous to get into media post footy. Unfortunately Dugan and Packer aren't amongst them. I'm not too bothered by them taking the big bucks now TBH. We didn't miss Dugan tonight.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Some guys have the nous to get into media post footy. Unfortunately Dugan and Packer aren't amongst them. I'm not too bothered by them taking the big bucks now TBH. We didn't miss Dugan tonight.
Mate are you serious...we didn't miss Dugan tonite......I'm pleased as the next bloke that we won and I thought we went well....but to make a statement like that....the Warriors were crap lets face it...just because most on here think hes gone to say we didn't miss him is way off the mark...we wont be playing teams like The Warriors every week.......get real

giboz71

First Grade
Mate are you serious...we didn't miss Dugan tonite......I'm pleased as the next bloke that we won and I thought we went well....but to make a statement like that....the Warriors were crap lets face it...just because most on here think hes gone to say we didn't miss him is way off the mark...we wont be playing teams like The Warriors every week.......get real

The point is we have depth in the squad. No Duges, Widdop or Aitken and we looked fine. Imagine Hunt out there as well instead of McCrone.

We'll have close to $1.3m in cap money to find replacements for Duges and Packer. Field, Dufty, Herbert, Lawrie and co will be another year closer to the top grade.

Whilst everyone is down in losing Packer and likely Duges, the future is very bright.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The point is we have depth in the squad. No Duges, Widdop or Aitken and we looked fine. Imagine Hunt out there as well instead of McCrone.

We'll have close to $1.3m in cap money to find replacements for Duges and Packer. Field, Dufty, Herbert, Lawrie and co will be another year closer to the top grade.

Whilst everyone is down in losing Packer and likely Duges, the future is very bright.
I agree giboz we do have depth and Im pleased but to make statements like we dont need players such as Dugan because we beat a very poor Warriors team is crap......Im sure everyone is trying to see the bright side with life after Dugan but to suggest we dont need him (and he wasnt just referring to tonite) is imo off the mark

Saintsified

Bench
Nice one............................but just a quick question.................I totally understand the logic/motivation for a club to cheat and try and spend over the cap to assemble a bunch of franchise players to shorten their odds of winning the title....................but can you just shed some light on why any club would intentionally under spend against the salary cap - hence the kippah?
I was being a smart arse, I'm not good at math.

Saintsified

Bench
Really disappointed with how this Dugan saga has panned out...I say move on and let's either look at Mann or Dufty and save the cash to extend McInnes and resign Mann-Milne-Lafai.
I'm not sure of a Packer replacement though...
How about fattening up Nightingale and move him into the front row for his twilight years, hits the line just as hard.

f**k I love Flo just never want to see him retire . :)

Drag Queen

Bench

Coffs dragon

Bench
In regards to all the rumours about who's staying, who's going & who's coming.....one thing With the Dragons is you can expect the unexpected!!

After 2016 season you would have thought that Widdop would be the 1st big name gone and the club would have re-signed both Dugan & Packer as a priority. Wrong x

Everyone thought Mary would have been punted at last seasons end. Wrong x

Nobody predicted or could believe the astute signing of a genuine class Halfback in Ben Hunt by Millward. Wrong x

I don't know who or what is coming next, but I know it will not be what we all seem to predict or wish for. Enjoy the ride folks as there will be twists & turns along the secret passage way in Dragons World.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
I agree giboz we do have depth and Im pleased but to make statements like we dont need players such as Dugan because we beat a very poor Warriors team is crap......Im sure everyone is trying to see the bright side with life after Dugan but to suggest we dont need him (and he wasnt just referring to tonite) is imo off the mark

Mate I agree. Of course it would be great to have Duges out there and we're always a better chance with him on the field.

But seeing there's a big chance he won't be here next year, it's good to know we are more than competitive without him. Remember, we've won 2 other games without him as well, including smashing the Eagles at Brookvale, a place we hadn't won in 9 years.

Drag Queen

Bench
I agree.

monsterkev

Juniors
I am not bagging Dugan at all. I just want him to make decision. If you recall last month I wrote a thread requesting Dugan to sign up or piss off so everyone knew where they stood they was last month way before Rothfields article. Yesterday I asked the same thing, what has happened, sweet F.A. So when is something going to happen one way or the other the whole situation is ridiculous.

Why am I so keen to end this, simple. The longer this shit drags on and if he does go the less chance you will have in finding a player on the open market to match his ability. Then the club and the supporters are the losers. Also don't think for 1 minute that a kid in the lower grades will step,'take his spot and play to the same level, Dugan plays every week, trust me it won't happen.

So the Christ sake Josh just end this one way or the other so everyone can move on. Please
i think the dragons need to bite the bullet and tell him he is not wanted beyond this year and if he finds a club to take him release him early to stop all the bullshit and the rest of the squad can concentrate on just playing footy