What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love ya Jason Nightingale , Loved again tonight

BrissyRedV

Bench
I think it is a case of 150k of his salary is not counted under the cap i.e. if Nightingale is on 350k, only 200k is counted under the cap. Same goes for De Belin.
As quoted from https://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

"Also included is a Long Serving Player Allowance ($300K) per Club for eligible players who have played more than six continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup."

In principle you are correct as off the top of my head, Flo and JDB are the only two players that currently fit into that category. From what I have seen with the EBA from the RLPA and NRL, this is supposedly to increase to around 400k.

BrissyRedV

Bench
As for Flo, God love his cotton socks. A true Red V legend and I stick by my opinion in that he deserves at least another year and should go out on his terms. I could not see him being that guy who plays a season too long. He is a shining example of a player showing nothing but loyalty and respect for the club and its fans which is seriously lacking in this day and age. The club should now show that loyalty back in turn.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
When he does retire I hope the club look after him and give him a position associated with football department. You don't put good men like him on
the scrap heap, they are to hard to come by

Knowing the Dragons they will probably make him coach or some other job he is unqualified for.