What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Warrior's

since77

Juniors
The only negative for me was McCrone's kicking game. The first 3 kicks in general play were just shocking and they were followed up with kicks that never found any grass and 2 of those kicks were kicked into the back of our own players.

Something has to change. We can't keep giving 30m head starts to sets because of our poor kicking game, especially against sounder attacking and defensive sides.

Too true. While the refs let some howlers through against the Sharks, we lost that game because Mc Crone's kicking game isn't first grade standard. While he might be a passable foil to complement Widdop, he shouldn't be on the field if Widdop isn't.

FlameThrower

Bench
What came out of this game for me was how well our forwards are going . The Warriors have a world glass halves pairing . we had a make shift 6 and 7 . They have a top line fullback we has a stand in 30 year old winger and you can throw in a very experienced 9 that they have to a very inexperienced 9 that the Dragons have ..... It comes back to your pack doing their job eating up the meters so your spine can control the game . So if you look at what the Warriors 1,6,7 and 9 are on money wise compared to our 1, 6,7.9 of the Dragons in last nights game , goes to show without the forward pack it means nothing ....
Very well said...

ALSGI

Bench
Too true. While the refs let some howlers through against the Sharks, we lost that game because Mc Crone's kicking game isn't first grade standard. While he might be a passable foil to complement Widdop, he shouldn't be on the field if Widdop isn't.
Agree, but who kicks? This is one of the reasons Mary sticks with him. McInnes, Mann, Field all should be working on this, what if McCrone is injured without Widdop?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I am not being selective at all Sir. You quite often call my posts out. You call my positivity lunacy, you often quote my posts and criticise so why can I not do the same with yours?
I would love to see the positive and complimentary posts that you are talking about OT? When? Specifically when did you say anything complimentary about anyone other than Dugan, Widdop or Mann?
I wouldn't flatter yourself Old Timer, I don't take much interest in what you say other than you seem happy to dish it out but throw the toys out of the cot when someone does so to you.
Its like a broken record btw, every post is negative. I could tell you who you hate in a second. Ive seen it that many times.
Hayne?
Journeymen?
Daley?
McFooknuckle?
MacDonald?
Aitken?
Not sure who you like though, other than yourself ofcourse, you seem quite impressed with yourself.
Goodnight mate, keep up the positive outlook! Lol.

SHOTS FIRED!!!!!

Crush

Coach
Did anyone notice how many forward passes we got away with last night? There were several that were definately forward on big plays.
Also, Perenara didn't hurt us last night.
Wonder if Mary had a chat with Archer?
Yes! Mann threw one I remember that resulted in a try. Just watching replay now, gee the warriors were poor. How bad is RTS? That forward pass he threw from dummy half! Warriors would be the worst team in the comp to support.

Old Timer

Coach
I am not being selective at all Sir. You quite often call my posts out. You call my positivity lunacy, you often quote my posts and criticise so why can I not do the same with yours?
I would love to see the positive and complimentary posts that you are talking about OT? When? Specifically when did you say anything complimentary about anyone other than Dugan, Widdop or Mann?
I wouldn't flatter yourself Old Timer, I don't take much interest in what you say other than you seem happy to dish it out but throw the toys out of the cot when someone does so to you.
Its like a broken record btw, every post is negative. I could tell you who you hate in a second. Ive seen it that many times.
Hayne?
Journeymen?
Daley?
McFooknuckle?
MacDonald?
Aitken?
Not sure who you like though, other than yourself ofcourse, you seem quite impressed with yourself.
Lets analyse the above list
Hayne : Doesn't play for our club and is a grub of the 1st order walking out on clubs and contracts and would be totally decisive at our club. Indeed I have a very healthy dislike for him.
Journeymen: I hate the club buying these players and geniusing the opportunities for our juniors. You see this as negativity where I see it as supporting our junior pathways and giving opportunities for people to be potentially 1 club players.
Daley: A shit coach at origin level who has previously selected his team on anything but form and so far in advance it is laughable. Another who refuses to pick on form or elevate people above past fallen hero's.
Mc Fookknuckle: A coach who refuses to blood high quality youth and constantly defers to players who don't make it at NRL level at other clubs.
That being said I see that you are totally blind in that you have not conceded that in fact I have made some positive posts re Mary this year however when he was given an opportunity to blood youth he again retreated back into his conservative methodology.
Mc Donald: I would have much preferred we didn't sign him and promoted from within our own club. He has not lived up to the hype associated with him by other people on this forum as they tries to justify his signing. No doubt last night was his best game but as the Warriors are clearly a complete rabble then his game must be taken in context.
Aitken: Well, here you draw a complete blank you bonehead as I was the poster that deplored the club for dropping him initially in 2016 when Lafai came to the club. I insisted he deserved his place as the incumbent and others had to earn the right to displace them which is the exact same argument I gave re Mann when Mc Donald came. I have criticised Aitken's defence reads and I believe many here agree with that assessment.
You like so many take any criticism of the club as heresy which is ridiculous.
Much of my criticism is based on the treatment of our juniors by not blooding them or giving them their rightful chance and the clubs reliance on plodders from other clubs.
If you think my constant support for our juniors above failed players from other clubs and my looking mid to long term rather than the right here and now is negativity then you would obviously sell your soul for instant reward.
So troll through all the posts you wanker and get your facts correct.
PS: nobody was harder on JDB than me for his previous efforts but I see you again failed to acknowledge how supportive and complimentary of him I have been this year. As I said you are indeed selective.
I perceive you are just another yes man for the club and you think that a few wins is so glorious everything is rosey in the garden and then you challenge me to be realistic.

getsmarty

Immortal
What came out of this game for me was how well our forwards are going . The Warriors have a world glass halves pairing . we had a make shift 6 and 7 . They have a top line fullback we have a stand in 30 year old winger and you can throw in a very experienced 9 that they have to a very inexperienced 9 that the Dragons have ..... It comes back to your pack doing their job eating up the meters so your spine can control the game . So if you look at what the Warriors 1,6,7 and 9 are on money wise compared to our 1, 6,7.9 of the Dragons in last nights game , goes to show without the forward pack it means nothing ....

Correct and I hope we can find a suitable replacement for Packer. When Vaughan and Packer are off we definitely lose go forward so I.M.H.O I think we need at least another 2 big forwards ala Vaughan/Packer.

slippery5

Juniors
Quite correct they didn't turn up lucky for us they didn't
Obviously you have a particular interest in my posts so I am flattered
If you are going to take such interest don't be so selective in what you choose to quote as there are plenty of positive and complimentary ones you could also use
but no doubt you will choose not to do that
Anyway keep following my posts to see if you can find things that upset you or annoy you as that will please me no end
Yes, they didn't turn up, but, I'm starting to think we are making teams play that way, with our aggression they are always looking out the corner of their eye second guessing them selves.

slippery5

Juniors
Hayne?
Journeymen?
Daley?
McFooknuckle?
MacDonald?
Aitken?
OMG ,I've just realised, I am Old Timer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Timer

Coach
I'm blown away with Lafai's performances, I just wish he had more SPEED.
Proving to be very solid inside the opposition 20 and his step and offload highly effective.
If he gets the ball with open space from 50 out he has no chance without support.
Has improved big time over last year but I think our whole backline suffers in respect of having real speed.

MilanDragon

Juniors
So what is with this Mary / Mann situation. Mann showed us what he can do last night. If his kicing game is Mary's problem with him, why hasn't received personal coaching to improve it during the off season and the 11 rounds to date? I mean most first grade backs can kick a ball, it only a matter of technique and practice to kick the ball well.

Get with the program Mary, order some kicking coaching for Mann and have him partner Widdop for the remainder of the season. It is worth noting that Mann wad not given the kicking duties last night. It was obvious McInnes had instructions to send the ball McCrone's way way on the last tackle.

If would be good to see Dufty get some time at fullback. I would really like to see how he goes at first grade level. I'm of the opinion Field is not ready to be our first grade fullback yet.

Why would Mann have received personal coaching in the offseason to improve his kicking game? Yes he was in the mix for the halves position but ultimately didn't get it.

But seriously why would you be giving some personal kicking practice when they are your backup half or even second choice backup half? That's on their skills set to have that attribute or not, maybe that was a factor why Mary went with McCrone too (not saying his is much better).

Possm you pick out any negative whether it's on the field or off the field and felt it should have been addressed in the offseason, which is somewhat a reasonable expectation on certain things but remember hindsight is a beautiful thing too.

I actually think the team was quite busy in the offseason and whatever they did actually worked as we have been playing well so far this year and really only lost games to some competition heavy weights while we were missing our international 1 and 6.. most teams would struggle without half their spine.

Imagine if all we did was individualised coaching on kicking games, our right side defence and contracts in the offseason, then we'd be complaining why didn't we change our attacking structures etc

possm

Coach
Correct and I hope we can find a suitable replacement for Packer. When Vaughan and Packer are off we definitely lose go forward so I.M.H.O I think we need at least another 2 big forwards ala Vaughan/Packer.
Having a plan B would have been a very professional option to take once Packer's and Dugan's departure became official. By now we should know Packer's replacement and very soo we should be informed of Dugan's replacement.

Why? because it puts an end to all the rumours and angst.

Latest posts