What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Ross

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I honestly can not believe he's lived on contracts worth 30,000 dollars plus worked part time jobs. This guy is an outstanding player. You get all the players whinging about only getting 300k a year and this guy is only asking for that amount to support his family. Amazing player honestly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I honestly can not believe he's lived on contracts worth 30,000 dollars plus worked part time jobs. This guy is an outstanding player. You get all the players whinging about only getting 300k a year and this guy is only asking for that amount to support his family. Amazing player honestly.
Nathan Brown is going to drop him this round is the mail in the media and Ross he said he has asked the Knights for a pay rise which he told the media.

Brown is pretty unhappy that this has come out.

I know it's unlikely but if things didn't work out for him at Newcastle I'd be happy to have him on the wing for us.

The fact Cody is getting 200k this year too is so under what he's worth.

I hope Cody gets what he should be getting.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Nathan Brown is going to drop him this round as the mail as in the media he said he has asked the Knights for a pay rise.

Brown is pretty unhappy that this has come out.

I know it's unlikely but if things didn't work out for him at Newcastle I'd be happy to have him on the wing for us.

The fact Cody is getting 200k this year too is so under what he's worth.

I hope Cody gets what he should be getting.

I would be happy to take Ross especially if it's only for 300k. He produces magic!

The thing about walker is that yes his fantastic but I don't wanna give him more than 500k. He has glimpses of brilliance but his consistency is a problem. We're already giving too many players overs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be happy to take Ross especially if it's only for 300k. He produces magic!

The thing about walker is that yes his fantastic but I don't wanna give him more than 500k. He has glimpses of brilliance but his consistency is a problem. We're already giving too many players overs.
Yeah 500k is the right amount a season for Cody for 2018 and 19.

Imo it's not smart to pay Gagai 650k either. I hope it's only 550k and 100k TPA's.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know it's off topic but if GI goes to be with his family (which I'm fine with) you'd think we would have to push harder to keep Gray.

I just hope Gray doesn't sign with the Sharks yet and just waits to see how things play out.

Out of the 2 I'd rather lose AJ rather than Gray.

We may be desperate and pay Gray 450-500k a season. Personally I wouldn't go over the 450k mark.

Also I'd be looking at locking down Hymel longer as he's off contract after next season. He's one that we can keep on around the 300k mark I'd reckon.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I doubt Gagai would be on 650k a year out of the cap. The reason we could afford him over Newcastle is TPA's so it's probably more like 550k out of the cap.

I think the main reason gray wants to leave is that he wants to play centre. So if GI ends up leaving I'm sure we could entice him to stay.

I just can't see AJ staying if the tigers are gonna offer him 600k+ tbh.

southsport

First Grade
I doubt Gagai would be on 650k a year out of the cap. The reason we could afford him over Newcastle is TPA's so it's probably more like 550k out of the cap.

I think the main reason gray wants to leave is that he wants to play centre. So if GI ends up leaving I'm sure we could entice him to stay.

AJ will most likely go to the tigers to play fullback but will probably end up back on the wing.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Good they can pay AJ 600k, I would love to see that.

themacemaceman

Juniors

I agree. Ross is a great winger and plays with plenty of heart.
And his dad and uncle were Rabbitohs so red and green is in his blood!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I could be wrong, but isn't the main or one of the reason Gagai signed with us was to play along side GI?
Not too sure.

What I do know is it was to take the pressure off GI and that Souths see Gagai as the replacement at fullback when GI no longer plays there.

But that could all go out the window with what's happened now.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Gagai signed with us because he saw more potential in our rebuilding than Newcastle. Part of the reason could of been to play alongside GI. But he saw Newcastle as never ending wooden spooners.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gagai signed with us because he saw more potential in our rebuilding than Newcastle. Part of the reason could of been to play alongside GI. But he saw Newcastle as never ending wooden spooners.
If we lose GI, Cody Gray, Goodwin, AJ, Sutto, Rochow etc....

We are headed for the spoon.

That's a fact.

Latest posts