What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Lillyman

Blacksafake.
I dont think mary rated him for some reason.
Coast knows Shannon better than I do .
He may shed more light on it.
I know he got sick of being stuffed around.
How everyone else got a go and even when we were hopeless he didn't.
The issue between Mary and Shannon goes back someway from what I was told from a good friend of Shannons.

It really came to ahead when the club signed Ioane and Page and they got a go before him that hit a nerve and showed he wasn't wanted and would never get a go.

No matter how well he played he was over looked time and time again hell even O'Brien got a go.

When JD mentioned signing him again along with Dodd, Lewis, Hind and Nona he was totally ignored.

The offer came from the UK and he did the right thing and took it also reasons why Coster and Sironen left both couldn't stand Mary either.

All in all Mary isn't overly liked in some ciricles.

watatank

Coach
Some tough markers on here. He played for QLD just last year and is averaging 137m and 24 tackles per game this year. We could do worse.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If acquired, Lillyman would fit the Dunamis Lui/Mark Ioane paradigm over the past few seasons,

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Minh

First Grade
Don't know if they're ready but Kerr or Luciano....we already have Hame Sele who's a really good player. The loss of Rusty is a big one literally in size factor....

Some tough markers on here. He played for QLD just last year and is averaging 137m and 24 tackles per game this year. We could do worse.
It's not that he is a bad player. In fact plays with plenty of heart always.
He is a bit of a dinosaur in that he is an old fashioned, "bash and barge" type of front rower that would not really fit into our style of forward play.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Big No for Lillyman as thereare better options out there . Zane Tetevano from the Roosters is off contract and has a real dig also we could get him reasonable cheap . He got into a bit of trouble early in his career but we have been sucessful in the past in turning players around. When we played the roosters he came off the bench and gave us a few problems.

possm

Coach
2017 is the time to test Kerr and Lewis. To me Kerr seems the most likely and if over a few first grade games he performs to a similar level as Sele has, we have our young replacement of Packer. Not a like for like or better but a player who can be Mentored by Vaughan and eventually be Vaughan's partner in the run on side.

I have a good feeling about the capability of both Lawrie and Kerr to step up for season 2018. So if we can plug the problems with our backline, we could on occasions in 2018, field a strong pack of forwards and a bench of 3 props and a backrow forward:
Vaughan
McInnes
Kerr
Thomson
Frizell
De Belin

Ah Mau
Lawrie
Sele
Sims

possm

Coach
I agree possm to give the young fellows a go but we will still need depth in that position paticularly.
We do have Host, Hind, Leilua and possibly a replacement for Mose in addition to the names mentioned. Lillyman would not be an inexpensive purchase and so not considered a depth player. He would most definitely take his place in the top 17. That may be the way Millward goes however, let's test our young guns before this year and make that decision in November.

Lethal25

Juniors
Main reason I am on the no side of the equation is Lillyman really shits me how he turn his shoulder in on each hit up. Such a negative tactic, next to zero chance of second phase or pushing your nose through the line. He can take that shit approach to another club for mine, I'm not a fan.

Latest posts