What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan officially signs a 4 year deal with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Another bullshit post. He probably just blocked John moz. Duges has given our club 100% and we need to treat him with the same respect. At the end of the day he got an extra year at that price. $750k is nothing to be sneezed at. Well from where I come from anyway.
Or me....sorry hes going but to put crap on the bloke when he busts his arse week in week out is poor form to say the least

Bench
You only have to look at some of the posts on Facebook to see posts by so called Saints supporters really going overboard on their hatred of Dugan leaving.
Dugan is gone but we will survive, it's not the end of the world, as Mary likes to say,
Moving forward. That is what we will be doing.
Dugan has been great for us and will be for the rest of the season. At the end of the season I would wish him well and thank him for his time with the Saints.

Geez I haven't been in this sewer for years and it's great to see it still reaks of the foul cum stained stench. It's great to see that your best player has joined us for 2018. Will ensure that we get the three peat 2016/2017/2018

Arrrhhh life is great. At least you have Ben Hunt lololololololololololo.

Geez that Doust knows talent lolololol.

Enjoy bitches
wow thanks for coming in dick sock.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Geez I haven't been in this sewer for years and it's great to see it still reaks of the foul cum stained stench. It's great to see that your best player has joined us for 2018. Will ensure that we get the three peat 2016/2017/2018

Enjoy bitches
Nice wording in your opening sentence I bet your family are really proud of how youve turned out....your all class I hope your an only child.........and just for the record I lived in The Shire for many many years and if your an example its obvious by your comments that the standard of people has deteriorate dramatically

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You only have to look at some of the posts on Facebook to see posts by so called Saints supporters really going overboard on their hatred of Dugan leaving.
Dugan is gone but we will survive, it's not the end of the world, as Mary likes to say,
Moving forward. That is what we will be doing.
Dugan has been great for us and will be for the rest of the season. At the end of the season I would wish him well and thank him for his time with the Saints.
Great post mate....another one coping it on the chin

OzDragon

Coach

Enjoy bitches
Don't you have a line to snort?

St Georgio

Juniors
Melbourne Storm have lost some quality players over the years including GI, Blair, Proctor and our guns Widdop and Mann, the Storm have continued on to be successful.
This isn't being bitter but Dugan looked good in a team of rabble, he was signed by a Muppet coach desperate for something, we paid overs, Duges is a smart operator don't get fooled, he should become an accountant when he retires.
I have the belief in our systems and our coaching staff, we have plenty of exciting youngsters, times are looking awesome for the Red V, I just hope the Dragons stop saving troubled players, let some other clubs like the Bullgrubs or the Rorters take care of that business.
It would have been nice to see Dugan being part of a Premiership winning team but he will miss that bus.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I can see the line of thinking but no thanks.

He is our best FB currently and that's where he should be, if the club said he's leaving and we want to prepare for the future then leave him out altogether.

I'd rather Mann in the centres while Aitken is out.

Not disagreeing, but just something to consider.

I agree he is our best FB at present, however, would he also be the best RC in the club at present? Remember, he plays RC for state and country so you would have to think he'd be in front of Aitken or Mine otherwise they should be in the blue and the green and gold jerseys and not Duges. Therefore, Mary's statement that he is our best FB so that's where he should play, is somewhat misleading when he is also our best RC.

Anyway, for what it's worth, when Duges and Widdop are back i'd like to see Duges go to RC, Mann to FB and Milne to the bench and see how that went for at least a couple of weeks. I don't think we would lose anything in defense and i think we would be more potent in attack and we would also be grooming Mann to take over the FB position on a full time basis next season.

Dea

Juniors
Dugan played with heart and passion for us during his time at he club. Performed like a professional athlete committed to giving his best for the club he played with. Not certain he delivered this at Canberra before coming to us and I like to think we helped him to "grow up" as a person and player.
Moving forward... he remains a professional player who needs to secure the best deal in the short period of a players career. Taking a four year contract is good sense. Congratulations to him. I wish him the best for the future except when playing ourselves.
The handling of negotiations by Millard Have lots of thoughts. I'm not certain what actually went down but being in this place here's my two bits worth on where we find ourselves now..

- I agree with the club in not offering a four year deal to Dugan.
- Mary may believe Josh is a fullback but he doesn't offer the attacking skills required to win a comp. i.e. His passing ability continues to stifle the play and is likely the reason why no other team has signed him up as their first choice number one.
- I'm not certain that teams can win the comp unless all 4 players in the spine are of higher quality. We have 3 out of 4 in 2018 locked up now. Who plays in the number 1 is a critical decision and could be the difference between winning the comp and just playing finals footy.
- we have players coming through who could fill the vacancy soon (Field, Duffy). A gamble will need to be made on either them being ready early or bringing in a player at risk of loosing one or both of our juniors. Either way, there will be lots of posts on this!
- Mann remains the versatile man and pretty soon he and the club will need to come to an agreement on what that will look like moving into 2018 and beyond. I hope we don't loose him as I like him and wouldn't mind him having a shot at the fullback role as he has speed, can ball play, defends ok, and when Widdop moves on could slot into 5/8.
- centre remains a position of concern for me. Now that duges can't play there, and Even though we have signed Aitkin, I remain unconvinced that he is our best option. Not really seeing lots of tries through him and too many questions about his defensive strategy. Again, a junior coming through could be our solution.
- Dugan not resigning frees up cash. Hopefully we give good thought on how we spend it. ouf team still lacks a bit of spark in the backs. That player who scores or sets up tries from nothing. Do we buy that or can we develop it from investing in our Juniors?

Interesting days ahead and lots for us to comment upon via this forum. Got to love the footy season when the Dragons are doing well!

blacksafake

First Grade
Good on him, if it came down to three years or four the club has made it clear that they did not try to keep him. We have an Australian rep who gives 100% every game and we have fans running him down, pathetic.

I suspect, that all the crap being placed at Dugan's feet should be directed towards the club and Millward. I don't think the plan was ever to re-sign him and they have just dicked him around. Any fan running him down should go back and look at the games over the last couple of years where he has been basically the only player showing any passion and effort and realise we owe him.

Now lets see what happens with Mann, we have Widdop re-signed after stuffing around for a couple of years, we have Millward annointing Field as the next fullback without any reason to base this on. Mann has shown in the last couple of games he should have been seriously considered as the 5/8 going into the future, but now where do you fit him?
As a utility player why stay? What a mess.

I strongly believe in giving juniors a chance to show what they can do but, I don't believe in giving them a golden run without any evidence to show they can produce what's required.
Some very wise words there Carlton. Plenty of people on here are quick to point all the blame at Dugan but I'm of the opinion that the club didn't try to hard from their side.
Flannagans words are so true "he is a current test & origin centre who can play fullback who will bring experience & leadership to the younger players, who wouldn't want him"
Plenty of sour grapes I think.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Dugan played with heart and passion for us during his time at he club. Performed like a professional athlete committed to giving his best for the club he played with. Not certain he delivered this at Canberra before coming to us and I like to think we helped him to "grow up" as a person and player.
Moving forward... he remains a professional player who needs to secure the best deal in the short period of a players career. Taking a four year contract is good sense. Congratulations to him. I wish him the best for the future except when playing ourselves.
The handling of negotiations by Millard Have lots of thoughts. I'm not certain what actually went down but being in this place here's my two bits worth on where we find ourselves now..

- I agree with the club in not offering a four year deal to Dugan.
- Mary may believe Josh is a fullback but he doesn't offer the attacking skills required to win a comp. i.e. His passing ability continues to stifle the play and is likely the reason why no other team has signed him up as their first choice number one.
- I'm not certain that teams can win the comp unless all 4 players in the spine are of higher quality. We have 3 out of 4 in 2018 locked up now. Who plays in the number 1 is a critical decision and could be the difference between winning the comp and just playing finals footy.
- we have players coming through who could fill the vacancy soon (Field, Duffy). A gamble will need to be made on either them being ready early or bringing in a player at risk of loosing one or both of our juniors. Either way, there will be lots of posts on this!
- Mann remains the versatile man and pretty soon he and the club will need to come to an agreement on what that will look like moving into 2018 and beyond. I hope we don't loose him as I like him and wouldn't mind him having a shot at the fullback role as he has speed, can ball play, defends ok, and when Widdop moves on could slot into 5/8.
- centre remains a position of concern for me. Now that duges can't play there, and Even though we have signed Aitkin, I remain unconvinced that he is our best option. Not really seeing lots of tries through him and too many questions about his defensive strategy. Again, a junior coming through could be our solution.
- Dugan not resigning frees up cash. Hopefully we give good thought on how we spend it. ouf team still lacks a bit of spark in the backs. That player who scores or sets up tries from nothing. Do we buy that or can we develop it from investing in our Juniors?

Interesting days ahead and lots for us to comment upon via this forum. Got to love the footy season when the Dragons are doing well!

As safake said, very well said mate.

Latest posts