What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We needed this

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Thanks Denis Preston and Smack for your explanations!

There is so much to like about the team this year but that right hand defence has got to be sorted. And I would like to see a permanent spot for Mann after Widdop returns. Field went quite well against the Sharks last week but I think if Mann had stayed at 5/8 he would have created enough opportunities for us to have won last week.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Very important win for us, basically giving us 4 comp points (with the bye next week) and then facing the really out of form Tigers.
Good chance now to really cement our place in the top 8 and challenge for a top 4 berth.

BrissyRedV

Bench
A much needed win and some great performances from some players who have often been maligned or ill used. What I would like to see in the future however, is the fullback that is being considered to replace Dugan next year used when he is out for either origin or injury. Flo does an admirable job, but he is not the long term solution. I don't particularly care which back up is used but IMO one of Mann, Field, Dufty or even Marsters needs to be blooded there when the opportunity arises. We not only need to know for next year, but also for the finals if a long term injury occurs to Dugan.

FlameThrower

Bench
A much needed win and some great performances from some players who have often been maligned or ill used. What I would like to see in the future however, is the fullback that is being considered to replace Dugan next year used when he is out for either origin or injury. Flo does an admirable job, but he is not the long term solution. I don't particularly care which back up is used but IMO one of Mann, Field, Dufty or even Marsters needs to be blooded there when the opportunity arises. We not only need to know for next year, but also for the finals if a long term injury occurs to Dugan.
That's a valid point and Dugan is becoming more injury prone...the more I think of it value for money and $800k plus to be sitting out big chunks of the season don't add up.
Club needs to tell him, accept our offer/ place a deadline and start signing up Mann Lafai Milne - I'm over this parallel universe rubbish...

BrissyRedV

Bench
That's a valid point and Dugan is becoming more injury prone...the more I think of it value for money and $800k plus to be sitting out big chunks of the season don't add up.
Club needs to tell him, accept our offer/ place a deadline and start signing up Mann Lafai Milne - I'm over this parallel universe rubbish...
If he is gone, so be it. Personally, I think the way our pack plays and with the halves combo next year, we can cover him and with the added bonus of the cap space that will be provided.

possm

Coach
I've said this should have been done last January. Dugan has been playing at the same level as he did last year, so there is no question about form. It has always been about money and promotion of young guns.

If South Sydney and the Sharks are showing interest, we should just withdraw the offer of the table and move on.

Minh

First Grade
I'll put this out there and I love both Duges and Packer as players and both are massive losses if Dugan follows out but we do have the depth to cover for these great players next year....just a different dynamic at FB if Duges leaves and we have some really good young forwards who can step up and we have a beast in Vaughan arguably the best prop in the game at the moment.....

John moz

Juniors
The glass jaw has signed with the fish fingers now lets put field at fullback for the rest of the year .That will piss the big girl off.

Old Timer

Coach
The glass jaw has signed with the fish fingers now lets put field at fullback for the rest of the year .That will piss the big girl off.
You are just the type of fair weather supporter that people hate.
Now come on tell me that you have never barracked for Dugan and you have always despised him.
You call Dugan a big girl LOL you sit down to piss you moron.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Dugan to centre and trialling Mann at fullback when everyone is back on board. Mann needs a permanent position in the team. He can play first or second receiver like Slater does for the Cheats. He has shown glimpses of being a ball player over the past few weeks so i'd have him at FB.

Latest posts