What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

Valheru

Coach
What's form?

Jonothan Thurston has hardly played any football this year but was chosen in the Australian team and Queensland team without having played for weeks - not only has he not shown any form, he hasn't shown anything at all for most of the year - should he have been left out of the rep teams?

Are you that dense?

JT is one of the best players ever, period, and a massive part of the reason why QLD are so dominant.

Are you seriously comparing merrin to him?

skeepe

Immortal
I really like Paulo but he's been pretty bad this year, if he was in the form he was in last year then he'd be an automatic pick. If everyone was inform I would have gone with Fifita, Klemmer, Paulo and Vaughan/Boyd.

Last year, Paulo averaged 115 metres per game, this year its 155. Not sure you've been watching him play this year to be honest.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
They don't.

Panthers fans actually believe moylan is a decent first grader let alone a rep player. They have no idea.

I like Moylan and have no doubt he will play lots of origin in his career. He is not though a better 5/8 selection than Maloney, nor could he be considered a halfback. I think Peter Sterling has a better idea on what is required of a halfback than these joker Panthers fans on here.

They should go back to pedding garbage like the Roosters don't get many fans to their games, despite the Roosters out drawing them on 14 of the 19 completed seasons of the NRL. Seems like Panthers fans prefer alternative facts.

Are you that dense?

JT is one of the best players ever, period, and a massive part of the reason why QLD are so dominant.

Are you seriously comparing merrin to him?
I'm not trying to compare them but following your chain of logic - bad club form = not rep quality player.

Btw just based on what wrote, Pearce is actually one of the worst ever halfbacks in NSW history, definitely the worst when you look at the numbers of games they've played and was a big reason to NSW losing all those years. That in itself should rule him out.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I can live with Pearce as he does have some form and is in the lucky position of having very little competition.
But to leave Vaughan out for Sharon Woods is a joke.
If Woods backs up for the Tigers vs. Dragons I reckon Vaughan will own him as he did in their first meeting.

This, Pearce is the best of a very average bunch of halfbacks. If he was a Queenslander he wouldn't even be in the frame. Leaving out Vaughan is a disgrace, he has been an absolute standout this season. I am gutted for him and I am no where near a Dragons fan.

I like Moylan and have no doubt he will play lots of origin in his career. He is not though a better 5/8 selection than Maloney, nor could he be considered a halfback. I think Peter Sterling has a better idea on what is required of a halfback than these joker Panthers fans on here.

They should go back to pedding garbage like the Roosters don't get many fans to their games, despite the Roosters out drawing them on 14 of the 19 completed seasons of the NRL. Seems like Panthers fans prefer alternative facts.
Moylan was better in 1 game in the halves than all of Piss' 15 games. Picking Pearce is the most NSW thing of all time

skeepe

Immortal
Well that would correlate over to more meters. What was his taclebreaks this year compared to last?
But you said he was in great form last year and "pretty bad" this year.

You think an extra 5 minutes correlates to an extra 40 metres? And that somehow is "pretty bad" form? Wow.

Hey guys let's keep it on the hush but apparently Jonothan Thurston is meant to be a dud because he hes been injured and hasn't shown any good form. Instead the origin failure, Mitchell Pearce, will completely outplay him because he's played well in a few games this year. No one mention it again, we wouldn't want Kevie to be tipped off. All those years QLD were wrong picking players who were out of form for their clubs yet have proven themselves in origin and those victories were all flukes. Yes you heard it - Lockyer, Petro, Price Inglis, Myles, Graham were all duds leading up to origin because they hadn't played a few good games during the year like Pearce has. NSW will win 3-0 this year, if not we can go blame Farah, Gallen, Bird even though they're not in the team because we can never blame Mitchell Pearce right?

King hit

Coach
I have my criticisms but I feel they've named a good team that will be capable of taking Queensland to the test next Wednesday.

Stoked that Boyd Cordner is captain, I've been a huge fan of this guy for a long time and to see him get the states top job is satisfying and a just reward for his efforts. Frizell starting is also great, he was awesome last year and I can't wait to see him hold down a NSW spot for years to come. I would've had Wade Graham starting though, been great for the Sharks and was pretty good last year as well. Wonder if Fifita will be much better as a starter than a bench player like Cordner. Well done to Peats for getting a much deserved crack.

Yawn on Pearce but he is the best we've got and as I've said before I would love to see him win a series. Such a shame that Tommy T got injured he would be a beast in this game, at least Brett Morris has got the experience.

UP THE BLUES

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Laurie Daley has opened up about the snubbing of the in-form Paul Vaughan, saying that he lacked the consistency needed to be picked for rep footy.

"I think it's about being able to produce consistent football over a period of time. Paul is a guy who is playing good footy at the moment, but we need him to do it for a period and continue to do it over on the Origin arena," Daley said.

"All the other guys who got picked in front of him deserved to be here.

"We've always wanted plenty of depth. Now that the team's picked, I hope everyone gets behind us and supports us."

macca_saint

Juniors
Laurie Daley has opened up about the snubbing of the in-form Paul Vaughan, saying that he lacked the consistency needed to be picked for rep footy.

"I think it's about being able to produce consistent football over a period of time. Paul is a guy who is playing good footy at the moment, but we need him to do it for a period and continue to do it over on the Origin arena," Daley said.

"All the other guys who got picked in front of him deserved to be here.

"We've always wanted plenty of depth. Now that the team's picked, I hope everyone gets behind us and supports us."

Surely a gee up? What the f*ck

Latest posts