What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best 17 going forward as from next week

martielang

Bench
With Moylan at the back & Cleary (and Rein if he plays) you could just play another middle forward at 6. That's when we looked effective last year when Cartwright played straight and more as offloading forward then a 5/8th. Moylan essentially plays 5/8th anyway.

Not that i would personally go that way but i'd be interested to see how it would work if we had Latu named at 6.

OldPanther

Coach
His theory is full of holes. As I stated we were rolling through Newy just fine with Tamou and RCH starting, same can be said of the Warriors and Brisbane, we were literally winning the field positional battle pretty easily in all of those game before we f**ked it up. We make mistakes and drop our heads and our defence is to easilty cracked, that is the whole squads issue blaming it on two props is ridiculous. All of our issues for the last few years have all had RCG at the centre of them is some way according to chris.

I agree with this. I've said in previous comments about the noticeable change after an error. Without that we have one of the better forward packs in my opinion. They just need to react better.

Fangs

Coach
Beauty.

So if Griffin stays true to form and won't move Moylan then who drops out of the backline?

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Blake
5. DWZ

17. Hiku

I can feel it comming...

Maybe Mansour will be sent to reggies to regain some fitness ;)

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
From an outsiders perspective, it seems that Moylan needs to move to 5/8. The bloke is much better suited there and that was shown in the second half against Newcastle. Alternatively, whatever is going on with Te Marie Martin needs to be resolved quickly because Cartwright is not the answer. I'd be moving Moylan to 5/8 and bringing in young Edwards, the kid can play. Cartwright is definitely an edge back rower. Mansour will be a welcome return for you blokes, Hiku isn't cutting it this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped to the bench or even NSW Cup.

While I'm here, if we could have both RCG and Fisher-Harris that'd be great. Cheers.

franklin2323

Immortal
Beauty.

So if Griffin stays true to form and won't move Moylan then who drops out of the backline?

1. Moylan
2. Mansour
3. Whare
4. Blake
5. DWZ

17. Hiku

I can feel it comming...

Maybe Mansour will be sent to reggies to regain some fitness ;)

I think our pack will be this

RCG
Rein
Tamou
Yeo
Peachey
Merrin

Hiku
Latu
Kikau
JFH

who plays 6 is the question really

From an outsiders perspective, it seems that Moylan needs to move to 5/8. The bloke is much better suited there and that was shown in the second half against Newcastle. Alternatively, whatever is going on with Te Marie Martin needs to be resolved quickly because Cartwright is not the answer. I'd be moving Moylan to 5/8 and bringing in young Edwards, the kid can play. Cartwright is definitely an edge back rower. Mansour will be a welcome return for you blokes, Hiku isn't cutting it this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped to the bench or even NSW Cup.

While I'm here, if we could have both RCG and Fisher-Harris that'd be great. Cheers.
Obvious stuff really

OldPanther

Coach
With Carty and Wallace out for a length of time and Mansour back he has to move Moylan right? Our backline is/will be stacked as of round 13. We can cover 9/6/1 easily.

franklin2323

Immortal
With Carty and Wallace out for a length of time and Mansour back he has to move Moylan right? Our backline is/will be stacked as of round 13. We can cover 9/6/1 easily.

Mansour will take a good month to get up to speed. we may not see the best of him at all this year. So I think a back will stay on the bench for the next month atleast

franklin2323

Immortal
With Moylan at the back & Cleary (and Rein if he plays) you could just play another middle forward at 6. That's when we looked effective last year when Cartwright played straight and more as offloading forward then a 5/8th. Moylan essentially plays 5/8th anyway.

Not that i would personally go that way but i'd be interested to see how it would work if we had Latu named at 6.

Latu would get too tired playing the full game. When he comes on I would give him a bit of ball playing

Royce is King

Juniors
After seeing that performance on sunday......If Griffin does not open his fu%$ing eyes and put Moylan to 6 the season is gone.
This teams wins no question
1. D.EDWARDS
2. J.MANSOUR
3. W.BLAKE
4. D. WHARE
5. D.WATENE- ZELEZNIAK
6. M.MOYLAN
7. N.CLEARY
13. T.MERRIN
12. I.YEO
11. V.KIKAU
10. R.CAMPBELL-GILLARD
9. M.REIN
8. J.TAMOU

14.T.PEACHEY
15.C.HARAWIRA-NAERA
16.L.LATU
17.T.BROWNE

OldPanther

Coach
After seeing that performance on sunday......If Griffin does not open his fu%$ing eyes and put Moylan to 6 the season is gone.
This teams wins no question
1. D.EDWARDS
2. J.MANSOUR
3. W.BLAKE
4. D. WHARE
5. D.WATENE- ZELEZNIAK
6. M.MOYLAN
7. N.CLEARY
13. T.MERRIN
12. I.YEO
11. V.KIKAU
10. R.CAMPBELL-GILLARD
9. M.REIN
8. J.TAMOU

14.T.PEACHEY
15.C.HARAWIRA-NAERA
16.L.LATU
17.T.BROWNE

I like it. As long as they find a way to give Peachy a reasonable amount of game time it would work well.

TheFrog

Coach
This amounts to dropping Hiku for Edwards, which I don't think is justified and won't happen. Even if this were to happen, I think DWZ deserves first crack at the 1.

OldPanther

Coach
This amounts to dropping Hiku for Edwards, which I don't think is justified and won't happen. Even if this were to happen, I think DWZ deserves first crack at the 1.

Hiku is welcome to play reserves. Fair point on DWZ. Edwards can play wing.

Latest posts