What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Reps

betcats

Referee
I'd prefer if the NRL came down on primadonnas like Des and let the City/Country coaches pick the best players available. The game is a highlight for country RL hubs and it would be a real shame to lose it. I'm glad our club made players available.

IF it was staying in the schedule maybe I would care but its gone next year so whats the point, the NRL has allowed it to become a farce. Our players will be playing in a patched together team with blokes who haven't played in the nrl all year, they will get flogged.

The NRL should just make each club take a game to the bush.

mxlegend99

Referee
On the plus side Whare was pretty good from what I saw.
He looks down on form in attack still. But he seemed to be finding a bit of his defence as the game went on. That hit at the end was classic Dean Whare.

I thought Dallin was the best from Panthers reps. He ran at 100 miles an hour on every touch and at one point Fergo looked like he was over for all money and DWZ managed to hit him hard enough to put him into touch before crossing. He didn't get many opportunities outside of Kahu. But he never let himself or the team down.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well we deserved to have that many reps.

Although Moylan has been average... he probably deserves the 6 for NSW more than Pearce deserves the 7.

Daley wont stick with a winning team. But is happy to keep going back to a proven failure.

Exsilium

First Grade
I think Origin and its team selections, on both sides, is a complete farce.

QLD talk loyalty. Pretty sure Slater was part of that epic run. Boyd played wing. Drop O'Neill or Gagai FFS.

NSW clutch at straws every year and look for quick and easy options. If you likened the Origin teams to current NRL teams its like QLD being Melbourne and NSW being the Titans.

Im glad we dont have anyone picked. Play footy, win games for the fans.

maple_69

Bench
I like having players in Origin. It gives you something to swing for in a constantly disappointing Blues side. Plus we need to have elite, big game players. Moylan went super saiyan after the series last year.

I think Merrin is hard done by. A slow start but he has been the best lock in NSW for a while and has really found from this last few weeks.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is the point lost in the shit doing the rounds about the players not doing well for the coach. Moylan and Tamou lost their spots and Merrin despite playing tests didn't make it. All of this to spite a coach some would have you believe

TheFrog

Coach
Merrin is fat. He looked so out of place in that team.
For a fat bloke, last Sunday he played 80 minutes, ran over 200 metres, made 37 tackles (2 missed) and umpteen offloads. By far the best player on the field. If that's what being fat does for you, maybe we need more fat players.

I note he was apparently not too impressed when he was taken off in the Warriors game early in the second half, after having played well. Seems the message got through to the coach because he played the full 80 this week.

A slow start but he has been the best lock in NSW for a while and has really found from this last few weeks.
Clearly Daley does not rate him. He should and will now set his sights on a successful Panthers season and the World Cup.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
For a fat bloke, last Sunday he played 80 minutes, ran over 200 metres, made 37 tackles (2 missed) and umpteen offloads. By far the best player on the field. If that's what being fat does for you, maybe we need more fat players.

I note he was apparently not too impressed when he was taken off in the Warriors game early in the second half, after having played well. Seems the message got through to the coach because he played the full 80 this week.
Does this mean that there is still hope for an old fat and bald fella like me :)

Tom.

Pomoz

Bench
Daley is a terrible coach. Tedesco and Woods are in poor form. He retains them. Tamou, Merrin and Moylan don't get the same generosity. Daley hates Penrith, you are better playing for another team, even one that is second last, if you want to get a blues jumper.

It is a moot point in any case. The blues are going to lose again. Their halves aren't a patch on Smith, Milford, Boyd and Cronk. Not even in the same postcode.

pandas

Juniors

Clearly Daley does not rate him. He should and will now set his sights on a successful Panthers season and the World Cup.
Not bad for a big boy, he had a good game. My post was in regard to the test match where he didn't make the same kind of contribution and if I remember correctly he even said himself he didn't deserve selection based on his 2017 form. And yes, he does seem like he's been carrying a few extra kg this year imo. If he keeps playing like last week I don't care, great player and I like having him in our team.

Games against Knights and NZ mean basically nothing if we are being honest

TheFrog

Coach
He needs to keep it up no doubt about that. There are signs he's taking Tamou kicking and screaming with him which would be a real bonus. The Dogs big boppers will be sore and sorry so they have the perfect opportunity.

Latest posts